Windows 10: Keyboard and enter key in the Windows search/run dont work suddenly

Discus and support Keyboard and enter key in the Windows search/run dont work suddenly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; omen software cannot be accessed now,as enter key will no longer work in the search/run box,and cannot access anything that way anymore suddenly.And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by IuseABrowser, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Keyboard and enter key in the Windows search/run dont work suddenly

omen software cannot be accessed now,as enter key will no longer work in the search/run box,and cannot access anything that way anymore suddenly.And also keyboard software issue that has been progressively getting worse,as software was added/installed

installed software:
    browsers - a number of them
    other softwares
    uninstalled norton anti virus some 6 restarts ago approx
    no other changes other than that,that is no installation of software
    no idea what has happened that the search/run box can no longer access anything via typing and pressing enter button,as enter button no longer works there,but works everywhere else.

hi,
    my hp omen keyboard software cannot be accessed suddenly from the search/run box, where i normally type in "omen" to open the keyboards software to get the lighting on the keyboard,working which also suddenly stopped lighting up as windows for some other reason no longer started it up, where previously it would only start up the keyboard lighting with a delay after i used the keyboard some and it would suddenly light up,where previous to that it would work from after windows dsesktop was running with a delay and previous to that it used to startup very quickly at startup,.I found that the omen software was not started at startup although it was enabled in the startup apps from ctrl + alt = delete.

That is,starting up the omen software has been progressively getting slower and now it will not run at all as suddenly the enter key will not work in the search/run box any longer,so cannot access anything else via that method anymore

HOW can i fix this without reinstalling windows.It recently reinstalled as other things were going wrong due to numbers of software being installed.Has always been the case where if i install more software,it will affect windows.I used to use "src scannow" which always works to fix problems like this,but am not sure if it will work in windows 10 and on a laptop.I also do not remember the entire text to type.

does anyone know how this can be fixed ?
    thank you in advance

:)

IuseABrowser, Feb 26, 2021

2. keyboard does not work in search, can't type in windows search box.

If you already used your keyboard on different devices and the same issue happened, then basically, the main issue here is the keyboard itself. There's a possibility that the keyboard is defective or it has a bad driver.

We suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps:

Step 1: File Signature Verification Tool.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run command.l
    • Type sigverif.exe and press enter.
    • Check if you see a list of unsigned drivers.

Step 2: Scan for hardware changes.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand computer and highlight the extension.
    • There will be an icon to scan for hardware changes right below
      help.

Step 3: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

• Press the Windows + X, and click on Search.
    • Type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 4: Update keyboard driver.

• Click the Start button and enter Windows Update.
    • In the left pane, click on Check for Updates.
    • On the Select the updates you want to install page, select the drivers you want to install.

Once done, check if the same issue persists and try using different keyboard on the same PC you used. If everything works fine using a different keyboard, it means that the first keyboard is defective.

If you need further help, please send us more information so we can assist you better.

Acelyn Alc, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Keyboard and enter key in the Windows search/run dont work suddenly

Enter, Backspace , Arrow keys not working

Hi Kaustubh,

To assist you better I would like to know, what is the exact issue are you facing with the keyboard?

For now, let’s try the simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below methods.

Method 2.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver and check.

• Press Windows Key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate for the Keyboard and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the keyboard and click on
      uninstall.

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the keyboard driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the keyboard driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Hope this helps. Let us know result for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard and enter key in the Windows search/run dont work suddenly

1. Keyboard and enter key in the Windows search/run dont work suddenly - Similar Threads - Keyboard enter key

2. Keyboard suddenly not working besides enter power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard suddenly not working besides enter power button: I have recently started having problems with my Nitro 5 laptop, the keyboard buttons do not work besides the power button, I have tried doing the the start up, installing the keyboard driver, even resetting my laptop, only got it to still not work. I noticed I had an update...
  3. Keyboard suddenly not working besides enter power button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard suddenly not working besides enter power button: I have recently started having problems with my Nitro 5 laptop, the keyboard buttons do not work besides the power button, I have tried doing the the start up, installing the keyboard driver, even resetting my laptop, only got it to still not work. I noticed I had an update...
  4. Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine.: I have read through hours of threads and watched hours of YouTube to no avail. One day my enter key simply stopped registering as an enter key on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha Flex laptop running windows 10. I have not done the Windows 11 upgrade yet out of preference. I originally...
  5. Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine.: I have read through hours of threads and watched hours of YouTube to no avail. One day my enter key simply stopped registering as an enter key on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha Flex laptop running windows 10. I have not done the Windows 11 upgrade yet out of preference. I originally...
  6. Search does not work correctly Enter key never works

in Cortana
    Search does not work correctly Enter key never works: Win10 Home with all updates and feature updates installedI have already tried everything here including Troubleshooter and powershell script: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/shell-experience/fix-problems-in-windows-searchHello! Thanks for the...
  7. Backspace and Enter Keys stopped working suddenly in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backspace and Enter Keys stopped working suddenly in Windows 11: Backspace and Enter Keys stopped working suddenly in Windows 11 on my laptop. I have tried to reinstall my keyboard driver, I reinstalled windows and I have already turned off my stickey keys. Nothing is working. Please advise....
  8. Backspace and Enter Keys stopped working suddenly in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backspace and Enter Keys stopped working suddenly in Windows 11: Backspace and Enter Keys stopped working suddenly in Windows 11 on my laptop. I have tried to reinstall my keyboard driver, I reinstalled windows and I have already turned off my stickey keys. Nothing is working. Please advise....
  9. some keys on my keyboard dont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    some keys on my keyboard dont work: some keys on my keyboard dont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-on-my-keyboard-dont-work/487e67ae-5226-4f19-b329-bbca140fd809
  10. Some Keyboard Keys Suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some Keyboard Keys Suddenly not working: Hello I have Windows Home 64 bit Version 1909 - HP Pavilion g series laptop. Recently, some keys have not been working when I touch them lightly as I usually do. I have to long press them. I don't think it's a hardware issue because when I started typing this thread, I...