Windows 10: keyboard and language setting: Microsoft surface 3

Discus and support keyboard and language setting: Microsoft surface 3 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to change the language of my computer to English, yet keep the keyboard setting to Swiss CH. Since I am Swiss resident, yet English is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DyMcc, Mar 4, 2021.

1. DyMcc Win User

keyboard and language setting: Microsoft surface 3

I would like to change the language of my computer to English, yet keep the keyboard setting to Swiss CH. Since I am Swiss resident, yet English is my preferrred language. Does anyone know how I can do this? Since whenever I change the language it automatically changes the keyboard setting.

thanks in advance

:)

DyMcc, Mar 4, 2021
  2. Roger Win User

MS Surface Keyboard Cover not recognized by MS Surface Pro 3

My Surface Pro 3 cover mysteriously stopped working (other USB keyboards work).

I’ve exhausted all of the steps from the Internet and am hoping for some advice here on what to try next.

• Clean the metal pins on both the keyboard and the Surface Pro 3 with alcohol swap and q-tip.
    • Performed the standard two button shutdown procedure - Force a shutdown and restart your Surface
    • Update "HID keyboard" device in Device Manager.
    • Uninstall and reinstall "HID keyboard device" in Device Manager.
    • Removed HID keyboard device in Device Driver and manually installed Surface Type Cover device (which later automatically turns to "HID keyboard device" when you hit "update drivers")
    • Updated all Windows 10 patches to date.
    • Tried a brand new keyboard (Microsoft FMM-00001 Type Cover for Surface Pro https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073W4MPJF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )
    • Updated firmware for Surface Pro 3 (typed in “winver”, took that Windows version, then downloaded the specific patch required here - Download Surface Pro 3 from Official Microsoft Download Center)
    • Reset Surface Pro 3 while keeping personal files
    • Reset Surface Pro 3 and deleted all personal files
    • Performed hardware tests on aka.ms/surfacerepair (nothing bad found; all looks ok)
    • Drained the battery most of the way before connecting again - the two times it worked momentarily these last few days was when I connected my new type cover keyboard to the Surface Pro 3 after the battery had died down to below 50%; a simple reboot later, everything stopped working. This user seems to have the same problem with it working briefly when there is low battery - Surface Pro 3 Battery drain along with type cover connector failure )

A breakdown of the steps I've done to sometimes get it working

• Leave Surface Pro 3 on about 2 hours on battery only.
    • Power on Surface Pro 3.
    • Working Keyboard.
    • Turn off Surface Pro 3 (or reboot)
    • Keyboard not working anymore
    • Another similar user here - Surface 3 type cover issue

Can anyone recommend any other troubleshooting steps? One of these steps seemed to work ok for others having this same problem.

Roger, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Surface Pro 4 language problem.

Hi Fabian,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the base language on your Surface device?
    How to add an input language to your Surface device:

Step 1:

Let's follow these steps below to add an input language to your Surface device:

1.Go to Settings > Time & language > Region & language.

2.Select Add a language.

3.Select the language you want to use from the list, then choose which region's version you want to use. Your download will begin immediately.

Step 2:

Also follow these steps below to set your display language on your Surface device.

1.Go to Settings > Time & language > Region & language.

2.Choose one of your languages, then select Set as default.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

1. keyboard and language setting: Microsoft surface 3 - Similar Threads - keyboard language setting

2. Keyboard and language settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and language settings: I use a Norwegian keyboard layout with languages Norwegian Bokmål and English UK. Every time I install Windows monthly security updates the language reverts to Norwegian with English US and this alters the keyboard setup ... hence typing incorrectly.How can I maintain English...
  3. Keyboard language settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard language settings: Hi,I have a laptop with EN keyboard and Microsoft system.However, I want to use for my daily work a German keyboard.I have connected a DE vireless keyboard but still in the langugage settings I can not change the typing language.As long as I type the German special letters...
  4. Keyboard language settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard language settings: Hi,I have a laptop with EN keyboard and Microsoft system.However, I want to use for my daily work a German keyboard.I have connected a DE vireless keyboard but still in the langugage settings I can not change the typing language.As long as I type the German special letters...
  5. Keyboard Language settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Language settings: Hello, Today I have bought new SSD and reinstall my Windows 10 to my PC, But Croatian keyboard is missing on the list of languages, Can you please send me instructions how to add Croatian keyboard, on my DELL laptop I have a Croatian letters...
  6. Keyboard Language settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Language settings: Hello, Today I have bought new SSD and reinstall my Windows 10 to my PC, But Croatian keyboard is missing on the list of languages, Can you please send me instructions how to add Croatian keyboard, on my DELL laptop I have a Croatian letters...
  7. Keyboard language settings

Keyboard language settings: HelloI have this issue with windows 10 that is creating me serious usage issues with several MS products including Windows itself.I need to have my system in english language, for troubleshooting software and hardware and in particular excel classes.BUT I have a portuguese...
  8. Languages and keyboard settings

Languages and keyboard settings: Major problem with the settings of my languages and keyboard layouts and need help! Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build # 18363.720 Seems windows is adding languages and keyboard layouts without any input from me. I only added 2 languages English and French with 1 layout...
  9. Surface Pro 3 keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3 keyboard: Hi there My Surface Pro 3 cover keyboard has stopped working after a Windows 10 update. Has anyone found the solution to this apparently widespread problem yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-keyboard/d9085692-3014-43a2-bd74-fc8b62d2b4b3
  10. Language bug on microsoft surface pro 3

Language bug on microsoft surface pro 3: I don't know if anyone has the same problem but my keyboard language has a weird language that I did not set or installed on the language preferences. Below is my language settings, as you can see there is only English and Thai [ATTACH] However, the keyboard language I...