Windows 10: Keyboard and mouse auto lock option for tablet mode missing

Discus and support Keyboard and mouse auto lock option for tablet mode missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having issues with my 2 in 1 laptop in that it does not lock the keyboard and mouse when entering tablet mode. I've been researching this issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WeebowGames, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Keyboard and mouse auto lock option for tablet mode missing

I'm having issues with my 2 in 1 laptop in that it does not lock the keyboard and mouse when entering tablet mode. I've been researching this issue online for hours now, and from what I've been told I should go to control panel >> Keyboard >> Keyboard auto-lock or something like that, but no matter how hard I search around for it, no auto-lock option appears, just tabs for speed and hardware. Am I missing something or does my laptop for some reason just not have this capability???

I've read similar problems online but still can't find any solution or explanation.

Using windows 10, HP Envy x360

:)

WeebowGames, Dec 10, 2019

2. Tablet Mode Keyboard and Mouse

I have a 2 in 1 Asus laptop. When I bought it it came with Windows 8 and when I flipped it to tablet mode the keyboard and the mouse shut off automatically. Now that I updated to Windows 10 and want to strictly use tablet mode, the mouse and keyboard
    still work. It causes the keys to type and the mouse to move on my screen when I am using the tablet. Is there any way I can turn them off when I flip to tablet mode, are they coming out with an update to fix that, or should I revert back to Windows 8?

JordanKupper, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Tablet Mode Keyboard and Mouse

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Kindly reply:

1. What is the make and model of the system?

2. Are you using a laptop or a desktop?

If you use a desktop/laptop, mouse and keyboard will work in Tablet mode as well.

However, If you use Tablet **** Pc hybrid, then you have to detach the tablet for your keyboard and mouse to not work in Tablet Mode.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Keyboard and mouse auto lock option for tablet mode missing

On screen keyboard not working in Windows 10 tablet mode

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Task bar and select ShowTouch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

• Next click on Action center and select
      Tablet Mode.

• Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the
      Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard and mouse auto lock option for tablet mode missing

1. Keyboard and mouse auto lock option for tablet mode missing - Similar Threads - Keyboard mouse auto

2. Stuck in tablet mode - no keyboard or mouse functionality!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in tablet mode - no keyboard or mouse functionality!: I have a 2 in 1 laptop and it wouldn't flip over my usual tv watching mode/go into tablet mode 2 days ago. Yesterday I switched my laptop on and it is stuck in tablet mode - I can't use the keyboard/touchpad and the screen is expanded. I am having to type this on my screen...
  3. Stuck in tablet mode - no keyboard or mouse functionality!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in tablet mode - no keyboard or mouse functionality!: I have a 2 in 1 laptop and it wouldn't flip over my usual tv watching mode/go into tablet mode 2 days ago. Yesterday I switched my laptop on and it is stuck in tablet mode - I can't use the keyboard/touchpad and the screen is expanded. I am having to type this on my screen...
  4. Tablet mode option missing from Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet mode option missing from Action Center: I have two desktop computers running Windows 10, both of which I have used in tablet mode for years. One of the computers no longer shows the Tabletoption button in the Action Center. I would say that this happened around the time of the October, 2020, cumulative update. How...
  5. Tablet Locked in Safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Tablet Locked in Safe mode: Rebooted windows 10 tablet in safe mode to remove application and now is asking for password and none match what it is asking. Cant get past password screen... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-locked-in-safe-mode/23b4597f-1f35-43d2-bbad-baab27ecfaed
  6. Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode: I have an HP Envy X360. Until recently I could turn on the tablet on-screen keyboard while it was functioning as a laptop. This was really useful as I have arm injuries and sometimes I can barely type. The swipe function was great. Since I did a fresh install of windows this...
  7. HP Pavilion x360 tablet mode - keyboard does not auto-disable

HP Pavilion x360 tablet mode - keyboard does not auto-disable: Just got a HP Pavilion x360. When the screen is rotated round to turn the laptop into a tablet, the keyboard and trackpad don't auto-lock, so it still gets inputs. Obviously this makes it useless as a tablet. Windows' tablet mode settings don't seem to include a setting for...
  8. Keyboard & Tablet Mode

Keyboard & Tablet Mode: My computer is an HP Spectre and I have two questions: 1) I'm trying get my keyboard to disable when I'm in tablet mode, because whenever I hit a key it messes up what I'm doing. How can I easily disable my keyboard without uninstalling it? 2) My keyboard makes sounds when...
  9. Auto Rotate in Tablet Mode and Missing Drivers

Auto Rotate in Tablet Mode and Missing Drivers: Hello, I recently performed a factory reset on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 7569 2-in-1). I quickly noticed that the auto-rotate feature within the tablet mode was no longer functional. After some light research, I found that this could be a driver issue. My wife has the...
  10. touch keyboard in tablet mode

touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...