Windows 10: Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes

Discus and support Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So two days ago, I was playing Counter-Strike. I left the game idle at the home screen for around 2 hours because I had some urgent work. When I came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RipunjoyMedhi, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes

So two days ago, I was playing Counter-Strike. I left the game idle at the home screen for around 2 hours because I had some urgent work. When I came back, I closed the game and put my laptop on Sleep. I logged in again after 2 hours and found that something was wrong. At the login screen I wasnt able to type my password. I changed keybaords — the same thing. When I moved my mouse over the password box, it started blinking between the typing cursor and the pointing cursor. I pressed every key in my keyboards. Shift and Caps Lock were working. Nothing else. After some time though, it started working normally and I logged in. Then I double left clicked on Google Chrome, only to find that it opened the Properties box and not the main app! It was happening with every app! Again after some time, it became normal. I opened On Screen Keyboard later on and saw that my "Alt" key is being continuously pressed, and I can't un-press it. It unpresses and presses by itself whenever it wants. I tried several external mice and keyboards, did registry and anti-virus scans, checked if I changed some Sticky Keys settings. Nothing seems to be working. With my laptop, I always use external keyboard, but the problem persists even when I use the laptop keyboard. When I put my computer on Sleep, it wakes up immediately after around 5 seconds because the 'Alt' key is being pressed again, idk by whom or WHAT!! Please help! My laptop is not old and my parents will scold me if I tell them! (I play a lot of games and they will blame this for the problem !)

:)

RipunjoyMedhi, Jul 16, 2019
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jul 16, 2019
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes

keyboard and mouse pad problems

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for keyboard and mouse by following the steps below.

• Right click on Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard (for keyboard) and Mice and other pointing devices (for mouse).
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes

1. Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes - Similar Threads - Keyboard Mouse behaving

2. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse acting strange?: Before the latest update, my keyboard and mouse have both worked just fine. But since this update, my keyboard responds completely differently as far as keystrokes and the mouse pointer although is responsive the clicker does not. I have changed the ports that they are...
  3. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse acting strange?: Before the latest update, my keyboard and mouse have both worked just fine. But since this update, my keyboard responds completely differently as far as keystrokes and the mouse pointer although is responsive the clicker does not. I have changed the ports that they are...
  4. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse clicks behaves strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse clicks behaves strange: I am facing a serious issue with the mouse. Any type of mouse connected to my laptop works fine for few days and after that issues pop up, most often single left mouse click is misinterpreted as multiple clicks two or three. Sometimes a single click will select the whole text...
  6. Razer keyboard behaving strangely on windows 10

Razer keyboard behaving strangely on windows 10: As the title suggests , I have a Razer Anansi keyboard and it works fine....except on startup. Basically, my user on the PC is password protected and so when I open my PC and type in my password my keyboard does some very weird stuff. As an example , when I press 'K' it...
  7. Windows everything is behaving strangely.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows everything is behaving strangely.: So after installing a Windows 10 update, my computer started behaving strangely. Namely, the taskbar is unresponsive, all my applications on it are gone, and it literally doesn't work. The start menu, wifi, and other utilities wont open and they won't even be highlighted when...
  8. Keyboard behaves strange on windows 10

Keyboard behaves strange on windows 10: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 and today I noticed that when I press the alt button it behaves very strange. For example when I press alt button when chrome is active windows first time it types "\ g" and in address bar activates google search. Second time I press alt button it...
  9. Left Shift Behaving Strangely

Left Shift Behaving Strangely: hi, I have a Asus VivoBook s15 510UA that i purchased 7 months back. But from the last 1 week i am having a really strange issue with my K/B. let me explain this a bit. this Laptop doesn't have any number pad/ numeric key set. So when i am talking about number keys i am...
  10. Mouse and keyboard acting strangely

Mouse and keyboard acting strangely: I installed Windows 10 on my son's computer a week ago, and everything was fine until this morning. I noticed that every link I click on opened up a new Chrome browser instance. The mouse wheel no longer works, but the other buttons work. The caps lock became...