Windows 10: Keyboard and mouse immediately stops working few seconds after startup Windows 10

Discus and support Keyboard and mouse immediately stops working few seconds after startup Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi my pc is currently unusable whenever i try to startup, the mouse and keyboard both turn on for a second then turn off at the same time. They both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tobias937, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Tobias937 Win User

Keyboard and mouse immediately stops working few seconds after startup Windows 10

Hi my pc is currently unusable whenever i try to startup, the mouse and keyboard both turn on for a second then turn off at the same time. They both have lights so i see when it happens.

Also I tried finding a solution and none are helpful when i cant type or click anything because they turn off. it lets me boot into safe mode or something when i hold F4 but it goes back to regular startup when the keyboard turns off.

I suspect it was an update that went wrong because the wifi got accidently turned off the night before.

if anyone knows how to help thanks.

:)

Tobias937, Oct 10, 2019

2. Keyboard and mouse not working second request

Hi Julie,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that Keyboard and mouse is not working.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and sorry for the delay in response. I will be happy to assist you with this.

Please let us know the steps you have performed already. Follow the below methods and check if that helps.

Please follow the steps provided in the below link and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...uchpad-keyboard-problems-in-windows#v1h=tab01

If still the issue persists, then I would suggest follow the below methods:

Method 1:
    Run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices
      option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.
    Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install keyboard and mouse drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1:
    Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + W” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the keyboard drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2: Download the latest keyboard and mouse drivers for “Windows 10” from manufacturer’s website and check if that helps.

Method 3: Perform Clean Boot

We can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.
    Here is the link for your reference to perform clean boot and check if that helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup
    after fixing the issue.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Oct 10, 2019
  3. DeepalM Win User
    Windows 10 Keyboard and mouse suddenly stopped working.

Windows 10 - Keyboard and mouse all of sudden stopped working.

The same keyboard and mouse works on 2 other laptops.

What I have tried so far to fix.

• Tried a different wireless keyboard and mouse. - no luck.
    • Ran the Troubleshooter - Hardware and Devices - It 'applied a fix' and rebooted. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled all the drivers under HID from device manager. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled all the USB drivers. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled the root hub. - still no luck.
    • Tried System Restore to the previous date before the last windows update today. - still no luck

Only strange thing is after rebooting the same drivers that I deleted shows up on device manager

Any suggestions?

Windows 10 Enterprise - 1709 build 16299.248

DeepalM, Oct 10, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Keyboard and mouse immediately stops working few seconds after startup Windows 10

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Keyboard and mouse immediately stops working few seconds after startup Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keyboard mouse immediately

2. Keyboard and mouse not working after startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse not working after startup: My keyboard and mouse does not work after startup however it works in automatic repair this started happening after I accidentally disabled my USB ports in device manager what can I do to fix this?...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not working after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not working after startup: My keyboard and mouse does not work after startup however it works in automatic repair this started happening after I accidentally disabled my USB ports in device manager what can I do to fix this?...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not working after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard and Mouse stop working immediately after boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Mouse stop working immediately after boot.: Help, I am having this issue, Please respond if you know why this is happening, or how to resolve the issue: Just recently, a few days ago I switched on my PC and began the process of starting it up; throughout the BIOS screen and boot process all was well and good,...
  6. My keyboard stops working for a few seconds and then it resumes.

My keyboard stops working for a few seconds and then it resumes.: Hi. A few days ago, I bought a Redragon Kumara K552 wired. At first everything seemed to be ok. But recently I started to have some problems. Sometimes, the keyboard just disconnects completely and turns off this happens with my mouse too, and I have to reboot all the...
  7. Mouse and Keyboard Freeze and Stop working a few seconds after Windows 10 Loads

Mouse and Keyboard Freeze and Stop working a few seconds after Windows 10 Loads: Hello, My computer worked perfectly fine just the other day, but today when I turned my computer on as soon as I get to the desktop, my mouse works for a few seconds and then it just freezes and no longer works or shows movement. My keyboard does not work as well and USB...
  8. Bluetooth stops working after a few seconds

Bluetooth stops working after a few seconds: Hi all, Bluetooth is suddenly having this problem where it stops working after a few seconds. I can turn it off and on again, or restart the computer for it to work again for some only some seconds. Uninstalling and re-installing the bluetooth device/radio/drivers did not...
  9. USB keyboard and mouse stop working few minutes after signing.

USB keyboard and mouse stop working few minutes after signing.: Hi, I recently encountered a problem on my laptop, I have an external wired keyboard and a separate USB. These devices were working fine the last couple of months, then suddenly they stopped working. When I boot up I can use them properly but a few minutes after I can't use...
  10. Windows 10 freezes few seconds after startup.

Windows 10 freezes few seconds after startup.: Hello, my fresh installed Windows 10 freezes after a few seconds startup. I can used the opened programs but can not open new ones. Seems like its the explorer.exe or maybe something else. But if i cut off my desktop PC from power or shut it down forcefully over his...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 keyboards and mouse stop working after few seconds