Windows 10: Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

Discus and support Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there!During the last few days all of the sudden both my mouse and keyboard started having "lags", that is, not reacting for a second or so roughly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomSmitz, Jan 13, 2022.

1. TomSmitz Win User

Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

Hi there!During the last few days all of the sudden both my mouse and keyboard started having "lags", that is, not reacting for a second or so roughly every 30 seconds. It happens only while on the Desktop/in Windows 10 environment. It never happens when I'm playing Games, so I assume it's Win 10 related.I did not install any new programs, did not install any new hardware or changed anything.I used a different mouse and the same happens.Deleted and reinstalled Mouse and Keyboard drivers.Tried different USB ports.Nothing helped. Does anybody have an idea? It's extremly frustrating.

:)

TomSmitz, Jan 13, 2022
  2. Aindriu80 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Mouse and keyboard lag

My USB Wireless Dell keyboard and mouse is still lagging and I've tried lots of Windows 10 Anniversary Update suggested fixes.

The laptop is very responsive when I first boot up but as time goes on and I load up different applications I get lots of small 5 second freezes and lots of lag.

There is a lot of the lag after pressing the start button. Mouse keyboard and video fail to work smoothly when I press the start button

Aindriu80, Jan 14, 2022
  3. tonyg0902 Win User
    mouse lag gone but keyboard lag remains

I recently upgraded to an Acer Spin 7 from an Asus T100TA (Windows 10). The whole reason I decided to upgrade was the mouse and keyboard lag I was getting on the Asus. I figured it was b/c of its age (2 gb ram & 49gb hard drive near full capacity). But now I have a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and I'm experiencing similar issues. I have the Logitech K330 wireless keyboard and had been using a Logitech M510 (it just took me about 74 seconds to type 510). I tried the recommended solutions but none helped. Until I tried a new mouse, the Logitech M215, which came with the keyboard. So the mouse lag is gone, but the keyboard lag is worse. I've updated the Logitech drivers as well. I am also connected to a Startech.com USB hub to connect multiple monitors and the Logitech usb unifying receiver for the mouse/keyboard. I registered to follow the thread.

tonyg0902, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

Mouse Lag

Hi,

Mouse lag and touchpad issues may occur due to damaged cables, outdated drivers, and more. To rectify those concerns, we suggest that you refer to this

article
    where you'll find troubleshooting steps suitable for mouse, touchpad, and keyboard issues.

If you're going to update your driver, we suggest that you do it manually instead of letting Windows search for an updated driver automatically. Here's how you can do it:

• Visit your device manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver from there.
    • Right-click on the Start button, then select Device Manager.
    • Select Mice and other pointing device, then the mouse
      driver name.
    • Right-click on driver and then select Uninstall device >Delete the driver software for this device check box >
      Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling, right-click on the driver that's having the issue, select
      Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Browse > look for the driver you've just downloaded >
      OK.
    • Select Next > follow the steps to install the driver >
      Close
    • Restart your computer.

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

1. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds - Similar Threads - Keyboard Mouse Lagging

2. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds: Hi there!During the last few days all of the sudden both my mouse and keyboard started having "lags", that is, not reacting for a second or so roughly every 30 seconds. It happens only while on the Desktop/in Windows 10 environment. It never happens when I'm playing Games, so...
  3. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds: Hi there!During the last few days all of the sudden both my mouse and keyboard started having "lags", that is, not reacting for a second or so roughly every 30 seconds. It happens only while on the Desktop/in Windows 10 environment. It never happens when I'm playing Games, so...
  4. Mouse lags for a second every couple of seconds

Mouse lags for a second every couple of seconds: Hello I have a problem that my mouse "Logitech G500s" Lags for a couple of seconds every 2 seconds randomly from 5 hours to 10 minutes it's really annoying but i observated something that whenever my mouse lags it disables Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V keybinds on mouse Not...
  5. Mouse & Keyboard Lagging - Cursor blinks very rapidly for a few seconds, keyboard input delays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse & Keyboard Lagging - Cursor blinks very rapidly for a few seconds, keyboard input delays: This has been a very frustrating problem for me to diagnose because it could be caused by SO many different things. This started about a week ago. I first noticed it after I charged my keyboard because the battery was low. I noticed afterwards that while I was typing, the...
  6. Microsoft designer keyboard and mouse - have a lag if unused for a few seconds.

Microsoft designer keyboard and mouse - have a lag if unused for a few seconds.: I have a Microsoft designer keyboard and mouse. Both of them become inactive if unused for about 5-10 seconds and i have to keep clicking the mouse to activate it and press a key on the keyboard to activate the keyboard - leading to an annoying experience. Both keyboard...
  7. Mouse lag every few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse lag every few minutes: Every few minutes, my mouse will lag for a very short amount of time. I first noticed this problem happening around 2 weeks ago. I have tried multiple mice/mousepads so I believe the issue has to do with my PC. I have also been using this PC for ~4 years with no prior...
  8. Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.: Lately I’ve noticed my mouse freezing every 20 or so seconds, and after a day or two the problem became worse and the mouse froze every 3 or 4 seconds. I have tried many solutions online to fix this problem, to no avail. I’ve uninstalled Realtek audio managed, and disabled...
  9. Mouse jumps top right every few seconds

Mouse jumps top right every few seconds: In the last 3 months the USB Logitech mouse on my 4 year old Chillblast Windows 10 PC i7, 16Gb has started jumping resetting to the top right of screen at random intervals of 4-15 seconds. Quite often this occurs while I happen to press the left mouse button so in effect...
  10. My Mouse freezes every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Mouse freezes every few seconds: I do not know why but my mouse keeps freezing every few seconds for about 0.5 seconds. I have updated all my drivers and have looked at multiple videos, but nothing. Can you please help me on this?...