Windows 10: KEyboard and mouse locked after win 10 update

Discus and support KEyboard and mouse locked after win 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday win 10 updated and now key board and mouse are locked on an old Dell XP upgrade to win 7 upgraded to 10? I have another win 10 PC. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cos_, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Cos_ Win User

KEyboard and mouse locked after win 10 update

Yesterday win 10 updated and now key board and mouse are locked on an old Dell XP upgrade to win 7 upgraded to 10?

I have another win 10 PC. How can I create a win 10 boot disc that may fix mouse keyboard lock up and allow me to revert to an older version of win 10. Note I tried remote access, (or remote desktop access) it would NOT let me it. I did get PC name correct.

:)

2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Aug 16, 2019
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 16, 2019
  4. KEyboard and mouse locked after win 10 update

Windows 10 Upgrade Locked Out No Keyboard or Mouse

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

KEyboard and mouse locked after win 10 update

1. KEyboard and mouse locked after win 10 update - Similar Threads - KEyboard mouse locked

2. Windows 10 stuck on lock screen and both mouse and keyboard are not working after an update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 stuck on lock screen and both mouse and keyboard are not working after an update: Hello. I restarted my computer after a windows update and now my screen is stuck on the lock screen and both my keyboard and mouse are not working. Even my cursor doesn't show itself. I tried restarting the computer multiple times and even tried wired mouse and keyboard its a...
  3. Windows 10 stuck on lock screen and both mouse and keyboard are not working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on lock screen and both mouse and keyboard are not working after an update: Hello. I restarted my computer after a windows update and now my screen is stuck on the lock screen and both my keyboard and mouse are not working. Even my cursor doesn't show itself. I tried restarting the computer multiple times and even tried wired mouse and keyboard its a...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on lock screen and both mouse and keyboard are not working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard and mouse locking up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse locking up!: Hi,Every once and a while my keyboard and mouse seem to lock up, I think they have entered some special enter mode, probably connected to the Windows key, so I'm hoping that if I just knew what to press to get back to the normal mode it would be easy to do.What happens is, I...
  6. Keyboard and mouse locking up!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse locking up!: Hi,Every once and a while my keyboard and mouse seem to lock up, I think they have entered some special enter mode, probably connected to the Windows key, so I'm hoping that if I just knew what to press to get back to the normal mode it would be easy to do.What happens is, I...
  7. Mouse and keyboard not woking after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard not woking after update: My lenovo desktop computer updated on December 9, 2020 when I turned it on today December 13 the keyboard and mouse no longer register.they are USB driven. I’ve changed the ports I’ve also tried them on another computer and they still work. they are a Dell keyboard and...
  8. Keyboard/mouse lock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard/mouse lock: I have a new issue with my computer and the issue is that it will randomly lock my keyboard and mouse. I can't use any commands to get out of it and this forced me to have to hold down the power button. I just updated everything I can think of and I checked if updates were...
  9. windows 10 locking up mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 locking up mouse and keyboard: I have been having problems with my mouse, will stop working and so does the keyboard. I have to turn the computer off. This is becoming very annoying. Any suggestions?...
  10. keyboard and mouse not working after win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard and mouse not working after win 10 update: whats wrong with my keyboard and mouse after windows 10 update? how do i fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-after-win-10-update/78eb58c5-1151-4e71-90b6-2860691458a5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wireless mouse frozen on screen