Windows 10: Keyboard and mouse not responding at login screen

Discus and support Keyboard and mouse not responding at login screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was fettling my fan curves on my ASrock X570 pro4 (AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with 32GB 3000 DDR4, 512Gb Nvme SSD) to quieten it down a little, I was using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Simples73, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Keyboard and mouse not responding at login screen

I was fettling my fan curves on my ASrock X570 pro4 (AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with 32GB 3000 DDR4, 512Gb Nvme SSD) to quieten it down a little, I was using the ASrock utility in Windows 10 (2004 update).

The temps were at about 40degrees (CPU and motherboard) 52degrees (chipset) But is damn hot/muggy here right now!!

I inadvertently clicked the 'Power Saving' option and my keyboard and mouse froze (along with windows) and the computer immediately reboot itself.

At the login screen, I then couldn't login as the keyboard and mouse still didn't r respond (both were lit up, but not usable) The pc then reboot again on its own...

It then boot to the system menu, so I entered safe mode (option F6) and both keyboard and mouse worked no problems!

I tried a restore point (from 3 days ago, before the latest Ryzen driver update) which failed for no reason!

Is there anything else in the BIOS or safe mode that I could try to resolve this?? Or am I left with the only option of a system reset??

Right now it's a large expensive paperweight in the corner!

submitted by /u/Simples73
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Simples73, Jun 16, 2020
  2. XDCash Win User

Windows 10 Login Screen - Not recognizes any keyboard and mouse

Windows 10 Login Screen not recognizes to ANY keyboard and mouse (both wired and wireless) but when power up to start up and the keyboard is working fine before login screen.

BUT - I am able to enter BIOS (keyboard working fine) and Acer Recovery Program (pressed by ALT + F10) and both keyboard and mouse working fine.

ONLY Login Screen not working where I have to type in password to unlock screen, however the keyboard’s number lock light went off when got on that screen, before that - it was light on while I am on BIOS and Recovery Program.

This not even make sense.

However, I tried those list.

• System restore (failed third times).
    • Refresh PC (failed).
    • Startup Repair (failed).
    • Tried go on safe mode but keyboard and mouse not recognizing.
    • I tried unplug both usb and restart without it until login screen open and reconnect both keyboard and mouse, still not recognizing.

I tried everything, seem nothing work at the login screen.

Any advice?

XDCash, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Keyboard and mouse not responding at login screen

My windows 10 login screen is not responding

I was having a bad virus problem so I decided to shut down my computer but then at restart, my login screen couldn't work anymore. It won't respond to the keyboard and mouse can some please help

Daproducer1, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard and mouse not responding at login screen

1. Keyboard and mouse not responding at login screen - Similar Threads - Keyboard mouse responding

2. Windows 10 stuck on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond: my desktop PC had been restarted after an normal update for my AMD program. Now my PC is stuck on the login screen and the mouse and keyboard will not respond. I cannot get into windows at all, I cannot access anything on the login screen. I tried rebooting, it did not fix...
  3. Windows 10 stuck on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond: my desktop PC had been restarted after an normal update for my AMD program. Now my PC is stuck on the login screen and the mouse and keyboard will not respond. I cannot get into windows at all, I cannot access anything on the login screen. I tried rebooting, it did not fix...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  6. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  7. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 Hangs on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Hangs on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond: Hello and thanks,So today, Saturday August 28 2021, I found that my desktop PC had been restarted. I figured an update must have automatically installed. Now my PC hangs on the login screen and the mouse and keyboard will not respond. I cannot get into windows at all, I...
  9. Keyboard and Mouse won't respond

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Mouse won't respond: after an update I got a Keyboard error message up on boot up and once it gets to the logon screen neither my keyboard or mouse will work. They are wired. I have tired other keyboard and mice and they do not respond either. I was able to get my computer to boot up into...
  10. Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen: Recently I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 however this caused several issues with my laptop so I reversed the upgrade back to 8.1. My Kaspersky AntiVirus would then not work leaving just a blank logo on my desktop. I tried to uninstall kaspersky using the uninstall...