Windows 10: Keyboard and mouse not responding in Windows 10 after update

Discus and support Keyboard and mouse not responding in Windows 10 after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Last week I was doing an update for my laptop. The next day I put my laptop on and the keyboard and mouse weren't working. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kimmetje99, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Windows 10 after update

Hello everyone,

Last week I was doing an update for my laptop. The next day I put my laptop on and the keyboard and mouse weren't working. I am stuck on the lock screen (the screen before you can login). The time on the screen was moving so the screen isn't frozen.

In the BIOS they are both working. Same goes for the troubleshoot menu.

Of course I Googled for a solution, but I can't find anything that works for me.

Laptop; Asus n551jx-cn199h

Note: I'm new here. So if anything is wrong or missing, let me know.

Note: I can't login!

:)

Kimmetje99, Aug 14, 2017
  2. Eric.f19 Win User

Windows10 update now PC won't start and cycles between startup Window and "Restoring Previous Version"

Hi, yesterday windows 10 intalled its update automatically, after few minutes i believe it was succesful, but keyboard and mouse are not responding at all, the light on num lock is not responding as well, i was stuck on the screen of windows 10 just before
    the login, i was forced to hard reset the computer, now its not showing any display, and the computer will shut down after 5 seconds from restarting and then will restart again, still not showing any display, mouse lights and keyboard lights are gone too...
    what happened to this new update..? Tnx.

Eric.f19, Aug 14, 2017
  3. gelund Win User
    Lock screen doesn't respond to keyboard following Nov. update

Lock screen stopped responding to keyboard input following installation of Windows 10 November update. The lock screen responds to mouse click, but not keyboard input. I'm using a wired Microsoft Natural keyboard (KU-0045).

gelund, Aug 14, 2017
Thema:

Keyboard and mouse not responding in Windows 10 after update

1. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Windows 10 after update - Similar Threads - Keyboard mouse responding

2. Keyboard and mouse doesn't respond after start up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse doesn't respond after start up: specs Using a Hp compaq 6200 Pro MT PCIntel core i5-2400 3.10 Ghzinformation My keyboard works fine When I go to bios But it doesn't seems to work after start upIn fact I can't use the USB port on this pc every port doesn't seems to work after start up If I light up my...
  3. Keyboard and mouse doesn't respond after start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse doesn't respond after start up: specs Using a Hp compaq 6200 Pro MT PCIntel core i5-2400 3.10 Ghzinformation My keyboard works fine When I go to bios But it doesn't seems to work after start upIn fact I can't use the USB port on this pc every port doesn't seems to work after start up If I light up my...
  4. Keyboard and mouse doesn't respond after start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10: hi, keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10 on my desktop pc.it was working fine before. plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-responding-in-window-10/55bbbde0-8100-477b-a8ca-a05e6b8184c2
  6. Windows won't respond to my mouse and keyboard

Windows won't respond to my mouse and keyboard: Windows doesn't respond to my mouse and keyboard. The keyboard does work in the bios but when windows boots, it's LEDs turn off and nothing works. My mouse also gets power but nothing happens when i move it. USB works correctly. Also everything works in the installation...
  7. Mouse and Keyboard not responding since updating Drivers !

Mouse and Keyboard not responding since updating Drivers !: I used WinzipDriver updater and 3 ago as instructed I updated 3 drivers on my PC, running Windows 10.1. After restarting the PC to complete the update, the screen would boot up seemingly normally, but the Mouse no longer functions. I have checked my WiFi Mouse and even...
  8. Keyboard and Mouse won't respond

Keyboard and Mouse won't respond: after an update I got a Keyboard error message up on boot up and once it gets to the logon screen neither my keyboard or mouse will work. They are wired. I have tired other keyboard and mice and they do not respond either. I was able to get my computer to boot up into...
  9. USB Mouse and Keyboard intermittently not responding; Windows 10

USB Mouse and Keyboard intermittently not responding; Windows 10: Over the last few months (actually TBH the mouse started near the beginning of the year but it's been most notable during the last few months), both mouse and keyboard (specifically Razer Naga Hex v2 and Blackwidow Ultimate) have been intermittently failing to respond, albeit...
  10. Keyboard and Mouse are not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and Mouse are not working after Windows 10 update: Shutdown my PC last night and updates were installed. I went to login today and both the keyboard and mouse will not work. I tried them on a separate device and they both worked fine. They will work in the BIOS and in Safe Mode, but i tried to run a system restore to roll...