Windows 10: Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset

Discus and support Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today I decided to factory reset my computer after and selected delete all and after it was finished I wasn’t able to use my keyboard or mouse to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shaun Bryant, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset

Today I decided to factory reset my computer after and selected delete all and after it was finished I wasn’t able to use my keyboard or mouse to select any of the set up options meaning I couldn’t get pass the select region screen I used the extra start up options and it works in the extra start up screens however in the actual start up screen im unable to use them please help me fix

:)

Shaun Bryant, Jan 3, 2022
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jan 3, 2022
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 3, 2022
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset

Windows 10, after factory reset mouse and keyboard can't work.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

I suggest you to check if the keyboard and mouse are working fine in
    Safe Mode.

If keyboard is working on the Windows lock screen, follow the steps below to go to
    Safe Mode with Networking.

Please follow the steps below:

• Press and hold Shift key and restart your Computer.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advance Option.
    • Select Startup Repair.
    • Follow the on Screen instruction to go to Safe Mode with Networking.
    If the keyboard and mouse are not working, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

To go to Safe Mode with Networking through Windows Startup Settings in the Windows Recovery Environment.

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer, If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change
      the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the DVD or USB. When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click
      Repair your computer to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    •  In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.
    • Tap or click, advanced options and then click on
      Startup repair.
    • Follow on screen instruction to get to Safe Mode with Networking.

 After this complete the repair check and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.   

If you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO of the same Operating system that you are currently using from a working computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB. 

Windows 10 ISO file Download:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once it’s done I suggest you to update Keyboard and mouse drivers.

Follow the steps below to Update Drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand Keyboards, Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries. 

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 3, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset

1. Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset - Similar Threads - Keyboard Mouse Working

2. Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working: Soo i updated my video card/graphic card and after i did, it i needed to restart my pc so i did. After i needed to delete the update because i cant enter my pc, it was loading trouble shoot .then its was loading for about an hour then i unplug the wire thats giving power to...
  3. Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working: Soo i updated my video card/graphic card and after i did, it i needed to restart my pc so i did. After i needed to delete the update because i cant enter my pc, it was loading trouble shoot .then its was loading for about an hour then i unplug the wire thats giving power to...
  4. Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset: Today I decided to factory reset my computer after and selected delete all and after it was finished I wasn’t able to use my keyboard or mouse to select any of the set up options meaning I couldn’t get pass the select region screen I used the extra start up options and it...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset: Today I decided to factory reset my computer after and selected delete all and after it was finished I wasn’t able to use my keyboard or mouse to select any of the set up options meaning I couldn’t get pass the select region screen I used the extra start up options and it...
  7. Mouse and Keyboard not working after factory reset in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard not working after factory reset in Windows 10: So, I have this Dell PC which I haven't used for a while. I decided to reset it so I can make it new again. Everything worked out fine until the ''Let's select your region, is this right?'' setup page. My mouse and keyboard weren't working!. I searched up the issue, but sadly...
  8. Windows 10 mouse and keyboard not working after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 mouse and keyboard not working after Factory Reset: i've been having this problem since i reset my PC to fix the sound issues i couldn't find any solutions toeverything loads up fine but the keyboard is stuck on numb lock and the mouse doesn't work either.i've tried repairing and rebooting and just about everything there is...
  9. keyboard and mouse not working after factory resetting pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard and mouse not working after factory resetting pc: Hi to all, can some one help me my keyboard and mouse not working after factory resetting pc. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-after-factory/3fa24d87-249d-4da8-aeed-b8f5c3593091
  10. Factory reset, keyboard and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset, keyboard and mouse not working: I recently reset my computer, and its not registering my mouse or keyboard. It was a secondhand computer, so I did a factory reset and thats when the issue started, I'm stuck on the keyboard configuration screen. Heres some things I've tried: Unplugging all USB devices and...