Windows 10: Keyboard and mouse not working after operating system startup.

Discus and support Keyboard and mouse not working after operating system startup. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay, I have been scouring every post on this occurrence, in this community and other forums. And tried most everything.What initially happened was my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NyaiTuppi, Jun 29, 2021.

1. NyaiTuppi Win User

Keyboard and mouse not working after operating system startup.

Okay, I have been scouring every post on this occurrence, in this community and other forums. And tried most everything.What initially happened was my motherboard/cpu went out on my computer, so I replaced it.I started it up, and after the bios, when the actual operating system got going, the mouse and keyboard would not work.They have lights, and the lights are on, but it loads to the log in screen, and I can't log in. Here is what I know, and what I have done.The mouse and keyboard work on other computers or laptops, like the laptop I am on now, without having to load drivers.I even used the

:)

NyaiTuppi, Jun 29, 2021

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 29, 2021
  3. Keyboard and Mouse not operating in XP

My mouse and Keyboard do not work when I boot up my system in Windows XP. The screen boots up but will not allow keyboard and mouse operation. It was working fine last week and I have not changed any settings. I generally use a wireless mouse and keyboard.
    I have tried a PS/2 cable however to no avail.

The official Microsoft remedy is somewhat confusing, to someone not familiar with tech talk. Is there perhaps someone who can talk me through (step by step) of what I need to do, in layman's terms.

Many thanks

Peter

PeterJohnston8, Jun 29, 2021
  4. Keyboard and mouse not working after operating system startup.

"Choose an Operating System" - NO Mouse, No Arrow Keys

What other specs should I list please? Already mentioned that this is a desktop (custom, home-built), a wired mouse, a wired keyboard and a wireless mouse. (Wireless mouse is Logitech, wired mouse is Razer Diamondback, & wired keyboard is Dell). EVERYTHING worked precisely as it should, changed BIOS to AHCI, then mice and keyboard [then and only then] quit working on the "Choose an Operating System" screen. After booting, everything again works fine.

yrralrellim, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard and mouse not working after operating system startup.

1. Keyboard and mouse not working after operating system startup. - Similar Threads - Keyboard mouse working

2. Keyboard and mouse not working on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not working on startup: I'm not sure why this started happening out of nowhere. I uninstalled Steam and a snipping tool I didn't need and restarted to finish the uninstalls, now my keyboard and mouse don't work so I can't enter my password to use any of the solutions I found online and I can't boot...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not working on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse not working on startup: I'm not sure why this started happening out of nowhere. I uninstalled Steam and a snipping tool I didn't need and restarted to finish the uninstalls, now my keyboard and mouse don't work so I can't enter my password to use any of the solutions I found online and I can't boot...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not working after startup

Keyboard and mouse not working after startup: My keyboard and mouse does not work after startup however it works in automatic repair this started happening after I accidentally disabled my USB ports in device manager what can I do to fix this?...
  5. Keyboard and mouse not working after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not working after startup: My keyboard and mouse does not work after startup however it works in automatic repair this started happening after I accidentally disabled my USB ports in device manager what can I do to fix this?...
  6. Keyboard and mouse not working after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Mouse and keyboard not working on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard not working on startup?: My mouse and keyboard just stopped working last night after I had to restart my PC because Discord froze. When I booted up my PC again, my keyboard and mouse would light up for a few seconds and then turn off, and I couldn't use them to log in.I've tried:Unplugging my...
  8. Mouse and keyboard not working on startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard not working on startup?: My mouse and keyboard just stopped working last night after I had to restart my PC because Discord froze. When I booted up my PC again, my keyboard and mouse would light up for a few seconds and then turn off, and I couldn't use them to log in.I've tried:Unplugging my...
  9. Mouse and keyboard not working on startup?

10. Keyboard and Mouse Not Working On Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Mouse Not Working On Startup: Hi, I was just wondering if anybody is able to help me with this problem. I have a Acer Windows 10 desktop and my welcome screen is stuck with the time and date displayed, but that's it. Also, my keyboard and mouse isn't working I've tried different mouse and keyboard, but it...