Windows 10: keyboard and mouse not working after win 10 update

Discus and support keyboard and mouse not working after win 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; whats wrong with my keyboard and mouse after windows 10 update? how do i fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardGraves1, Sep 15, 2018.

1. keyboard and mouse not working after win 10 update

whats wrong with my keyboard and mouse after windows 10 update? how do i fix

:)

RichardGraves1, Sep 15, 2018

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 15, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

keyboard and mouse not working after win 10 update

Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

keyboard and mouse not working after win 10 update

1. keyboard and mouse not working after win 10 update - Similar Threads - keyboard mouse working

2. Mouse and Keyboard not working after Update to 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard not working after Update to 22H2: Mouse and Keyboard not working after Update to 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboard-not-working-after-update-to/252e7a9b-24cd-4846-9914-c54a34f2c406
  3. Keyboard and mouse not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse not working after windows update: windows updated my system and now my USB wired keyboard and mouse is not responding. Please do not give me a fix that requires me to enter or click something. MY keyboard and mouse is not responding after update. rebooting hasn't helped. I use this computer for work and...
  4. keyboard and mouse not working after update

keyboard and mouse not working after update: hello so i recently done an update 2 days ago, since the update my keyboard and mouse have become unresponsive. they work while using the bios but as soon as the rings appear when windows loads up none work. i have tried a cmos clear, bios reset and also tried to go into...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after update: So yesterday when i turned off my pc the windows installed a update. Now when i turn on my pc my keyboard and mouse dont work. Need some help plsss. submitted by /u/BlackBaad [link] [comments]...
  6. Keyboard and mouse not working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse not working after update: I updated my pc last week on friday and the next morning neither my mouse or my keyboard are working. Ive looked through many different pages on fixing it and none of them have worked. I have booted my computer into recovery mode but i cant use my keyboard or mouse so nothing...
  7. keyboard and mouse wont work after update

keyboard and mouse wont work after update: I have an issue I was wondering if anyone can help . I used my gaming pc for the first time in over a month and a half so my windows installed all these updates , so upon restarting my pc I got this screen just before it got into the windows screen where I input my password...
  8. KEyboard and mouse locked after win 10 update

KEyboard and mouse locked after win 10 update: Yesterday win 10 updated and now key board and mouse are locked on an old Dell XP upgrade to win 7 upgraded to 10? I have another win 10 PC. How can I create a win 10 boot disc that may fix mouse keyboard lock up and allow me to revert to an older version of win 10. Note...
  9. mouse/keyboard not working after windows update

mouse/keyboard not working after windows update: Hi I have Windows 10 Insider Preview ver 1809 build 18309, tried to install the latest build (18317) and all went ok except when the installation finished it didnt restart and I had to restart manually (update and restart from the start menu. after the reboot, the mouse...
  10. Keyboard and Mouse are not working after Windows 10 update

Keyboard and Mouse are not working after Windows 10 update: Shutdown my PC last night and updates were installed. I went to login today and both the keyboard and mouse will not work. I tried them on a separate device and they both worked fine. They will work in the BIOS and in Safe Mode, but i tried to run a system restore to roll...