Windows 10: keyboard and mouse not working at all on password screen Windows 11

Discus and support keyboard and mouse not working at all on password screen Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Keyboard and mouse not working at all on password screen Windows 11. I turn on safe mode and there it asks for a password and likewise the keyboard and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KADİR YİĞİT, Feb 2, 2023.

1. keyboard and mouse not working at all on password screen Windows 11

Keyboard and mouse not working at all on password screen Windows 11. I turn on safe mode and there it asks for a password and likewise the keyboard and mouse do not work.My keyboard and mouse are working when entering bios. When the Windows password screen comes up, they all stop working.

:)

KADİR YİĞİT, Feb 2, 2023

2. Wireless mouse and keyboard are not working on Windows 10.

Hi Yengema,

Please reply, are you facing issue only operating Keyboard?

If your mouse is in working condition, use On-screen keyboard and perform the steps suggested above and check if the issue is resolved.

To activate On-screen keyboard, follow the steps below:

• From the lock-screen click on Ease of access icon located at the bottom right corner next to power icon.

• Login into the user account by entering the password.

• Right click on the Windows logo located at the bottom left corner of the screen and select
      Control panel from the context menu.

• Click on Ease of Access and select
      Ease of Access Center from the right side panel of the window.

• Click on Start On-Screen keyboard and follow the steps replied on
      February 22, 2016.

• After performing the steps restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the above issue, elaborate the same is necessary for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 2, 2023
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 2, 2023
  4. keyboard and mouse not working at all on password screen Windows 11

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center macros not working in Windows 11

I just bought a Windows 11 PC to replace my old Windows 10 PC. I was in the process of installing all of my apps and configuring them on Windows 11 (just as I had in Win 10). So far, everything has worked (that I tried) as before in Win 10. However, when I ran a macro with the button on my "Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000" within Win 11 (applied to one of my other applications), it didn't execute as expected. It let me create the macro as usual, but it never ran when I clicked the mouse button.

I tried doing the same thing back on my old Win 10 machine (with the same Mouse and software) and it worked flawlessly. The version of Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center that I used for both Win 10 and Win 11 was 14.41 (or more specifically, v14.41.137.0). I googled to see if there was a separate application for Win 11, but I didn't see one.

Here are the steps that I took to create the macro in Win 11:

1. I first opened the application that I wanted to apply the macro to.
    2. Then I opened Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center and went to the mouse section.
    3. I clicked on "app-specific settings" selection.
    4. I clicked the "Add New" button.
    5. I selected the app in the list and clicked on it.
    6. I clicked on the button that I wanted to apply it to (Left side button).
    7. In the list of options to apply to the button, I selected "macro."
    8. I clicked the "Create a new Macro" button.
    9. I clicked into the "editor" box and typed in the key strokes that I wanted it to execute.
    10. I clicked the back arrow button until I got back to the main screen.
    11. I pressed the mouse button within the app's window, but it never ran (even with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center window still being opened).
    As I mentioned, these same steps worked fine in Win 10. I even tried to use a pre-made selection (such as "Magnify"), but even that didn't work. At this point, it seems like the "app-specific settings" don't work at all within Win 11. Only the "basic settings" appear to be working (at least for the mouse). This functionality was the main reason that I bought a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard!!

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any fix!!

Switchgeek, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

keyboard and mouse not working at all on password screen Windows 11

1. keyboard and mouse not working at all on password screen Windows 11 - Similar Threads - keyboard mouse working

2. Mouse and keyboard not working on loging screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard not working on loging screen: Hello,I've read several threads about this issue but I couldn't solve it myself. So what happened I played a game and alt tab to my browser where I had a lot of tabs opened and I opened some more reaching 98% memory I didn't realise it at the time but I've started using my...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not working WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not working WINDOWS 11: Today when I turned on my pc it started as usual, everything seemed alright except that the RGB of the keyboard didn’t turn on, I forced shut down my pc, acceded the bios and the keyboard and mouse were working perfectly, I then restarted the pc and in the screen where it...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not working WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not working WINDOWS 11: Today when I turned on my pc it started as usual, everything seemed alright except that the RGB of the keyboard didn’t turn on, I forced shut down my pc, acceded the bios and the keyboard and mouse were working perfectly, I then restarted the pc and in the screen where it...
  5. keyboard and mouse not working at all on password screen Windows 11

keyboard and mouse not working at all on password screen Windows 11: Keyboard and mouse not working at all on password screen Windows 11. I turn on safe mode and there it asks for a password and likewise the keyboard and mouse do not work.My keyboard and mouse are working when entering bios. When the Windows password screen comes up, they all...
  6. Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working on password screen on windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working on password screen on windows 10/11: Hello for my PC my keyboard doesn't work on the lock screen but on safe mode it does. I've tried rebooting it power cycling I've done the attempting repairs on safe mode but nothing's works.help?...
  7. Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working on password screen on windows 10/11

Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working on password screen on windows 10/11: Hello for my PC my keyboard doesn't work on the lock screen but on safe mode it does. I've tried rebooting it power cycling I've done the attempting repairs on safe mode but nothing's works.help?...
  8. Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working on password screen on windows 10/11

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Mouse and keyboard not working at Windows login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and keyboard not working at Windows login screen: Decided to reboot my PC today in an attempt to resolve un unrelated problem, but upon reboot I found myself unable to login to Windows because my mouse and keyboard appear complitely unresponsive. They both work just fine in BIOS and I tried fiddling aroung the USB settings...
  10. Windows 10 Keyboard, Mouse and Screen not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Keyboard, Mouse and Screen not working: I recently fixed my Gaming PC Akasa Freedom Xone by downloading Windows 10 reinstallation files. Everything worked out just fine. I downloaded a few games on Steam and played them. After that I normally turned off the computer and went to sleep. The next day, I tried turning...