Windows 10: Keyboard and Mouse Not Working On Startup

Discus and support Keyboard and Mouse Not Working On Startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I was just wondering if anybody is able to help me with this problem. I have a Acer Windows 10 desktop and my welcome screen is stuck with the time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rayminster, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Keyboard and Mouse Not Working On Startup

Hi, I was just wondering if anybody is able to help me with this problem. I have a Acer Windows 10 desktop and my welcome screen is stuck with the time and date displayed, but that's it. Also, my keyboard and mouse isn't working I've tried different mouse and keyboard, but it doesn't work during the startup.Thank you.

:)

Rayminster, Jul 25, 2021

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 25, 2021
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Keyboard and Mouse Not Working On Startup

Keyboard and mouse fail after startup

The keyboard and mouse will not work after startup. This occured during a restart after installing an older game (which does work on another Windows 10 computer). We have a standard ASUS mouse, an ASUS tower and plug in gaming keyboard, all worked fine before
    the install. We have tried all options including changing keyboards/mouse with standard and usb keyboards and mouse(s); going into safe mode(s); startup repair; and just about every suggestion mentionned on the internet including multiple startups and "mashing
    the keyboard" during the startup (last resort). ...the only time the keyboard and mouse will work is in BIOS or in the recovery pages after hitting F1 during a failed startup.

Now... as a last resort (after the keyboard mashing) we go into the System Restore for a complete wipe and it says we do not have enough space, to clean up the drive for more space...but we can't. We cannot locate a restore disk.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Twilightlink11, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard and Mouse Not Working On Startup

1. Keyboard and Mouse Not Working On Startup - Similar Threads - Keyboard Mouse Working

2. Keyboard and mouse not working on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not working on startup: I'm not sure why this started happening out of nowhere. I uninstalled Steam and a snipping tool I didn't need and restarted to finish the uninstalls, now my keyboard and mouse don't work so I can't enter my password to use any of the solutions I found online and I can't boot...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not working on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not working on startup: I'm not sure why this started happening out of nowhere. I uninstalled Steam and a snipping tool I didn't need and restarted to finish the uninstalls, now my keyboard and mouse don't work so I can't enter my password to use any of the solutions I found online and I can't boot...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not working on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard and mouse not working after startup

Keyboard and mouse not working after startup: My keyboard and mouse does not work after startup however it works in automatic repair this started happening after I accidentally disabled my USB ports in device manager what can I do to fix this?...
  6. Mouse and keyboard not working on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard not working on startup?: My mouse and keyboard just stopped working last night after I had to restart my PC because Discord froze. When I booted up my PC again, my keyboard and mouse would light up for a few seconds and then turn off, and I couldn't use them to log in.I've tried:Unplugging my...
  7. Mouse and keyboard not working on startup?

Mouse and keyboard not working on startup?: My mouse and keyboard just stopped working last night after I had to restart my PC because Discord froze. When I booted up my PC again, my keyboard and mouse would light up for a few seconds and then turn off, and I couldn't use them to log in.I've tried:Unplugging my...
  8. Mouse and keyboard not working on startup?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Mouse and keyboard not working on startup screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and keyboard not working on startup screen: I suspect the latest update, this has happened before. Previously, booting into safe mode worked for solving this problem, but it hasnt worked this time. Looking for next steps. Also the password from my live account isn't working on my computer. I would like to keepy...
  10. Mouse and Keyboard not working upon startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Mouse and Keyboard not working upon startup: So after my computer was freezing two days ago, I restarted and after that when I booted up the PC and reached the login screen, the keyboard and mouse aren’t working. I can’t click anything or type at all and im stuck on that screen. Sometimes i am able to get past this...