Windows 10: keyboard and mouse not working while installing windows 10

Discus and support keyboard and mouse not working while installing windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm stuck at this point keyboard and mouse not working while installing windows 10, I've tried to turn off the computer several times but it's bringing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arshavinp, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Arshavinp Win User

keyboard and mouse not working while installing windows 10

I'm stuck at this point keyboard and mouse not working while installing windows 10, I've tried to turn off the computer several times but it's bringing me back to this same screen over and overkeyboard and mouse not working while installing windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Arshavinp, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Vanion Win User

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Its a new build i was trying to install my windows os

Thanks for your help my PS keyboard is working unfortunately my usb mouse/keyboard still do not work even after having my OS installed. How would i go about selecting to load the driver packages?

Vanion, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Vanion Win User

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Ok, thanks ill check out how i installed them on my motherboard. Im in the device managed right now and for my mouse it reads
    "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{operation failed}

The requested operation was unsuccessful"

I tried to plug in my ethernet cable as well to try to go online to get driver updates but the light is glowing yellow/orange rather than green and it also has the same message as my mouse in the device manager.

oh and both the keyboard and mouse are wired

I have the legacy usb support enabled in bios and i have my mouse plugged into the usb 2.0 (im using my PS keyboard atm just so i can control the comp so my usb keyboard isnt connected) but the mouse is still not working when i am running windows.

Vanion, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. keyboard and mouse not working while installing windows 10 - Similar Threads - keyboard mouse working

2. Wifi, mouse, and keyboard not working after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi, mouse, and keyboard not working after installing Windows 10: I installed Windows 10 onto a Surface Laptop 5 with Windows 11 pre-loaded company mandates that we use Windows 10. After the installation, the wifi adapter, touchpad, and keyboard stopped working. I restarted the computer and reinstalled Windows 11 from a boot drive, but it’s...
  3. Can't use keyboard and mouse while installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't use keyboard and mouse while installing windows 10: [IMG]I recently reset my pc due to few issues. Keyboard and mouse work perfectly in Bios but not working in installation of windows 10.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-keyboard-and-mouse-while-installing/fffbf857-2089-40d3-9ebf-68bb7493ab7a
  4. [Help] USB mouse and keyboard not working in windows 10 while work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] USB mouse and keyboard not working in windows 10 while work in BIOS: After some overclocking and BSOD my USB mouse and keyboard (and any other USB devices) stopped working. I can remotely connect to the PC (windows 10 pro) and in device manager I can see "USB Composite Device" with warning icon. I tried to reinstall USB drivers from...
  5. Keyboard and mouse not working in windows 10

Keyboard and mouse not working in windows 10: Hi all, as the title says my keyboard and mouse are not working when windows 10 load. Also there is another strange think. Since I am not lazy (or so i believe), i have tried a couple of thing i read around in the net and i come across in a case where i was in cmd mode...
  6. Keyboard and mouse not working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard and mouse not working in windows 10: Hi all, as the title says my keyboard and mouse are not working when windows 10 load. Also there is another strange think. Since I am not lazy (or so i believe), i have tried a couple of thing i read around in the net and i come across in a case where i was in cmd mode...
  7. Keyboard and mouse not working while resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse not working while resetting windows 10: I reseted windows 10 and all went well but when i come to part where i have to select language and country my keyboard and mouse dont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-while-resetting/a936ba0a-0023-415d-a3f2-c0a3ce0d7dd5
  8. keyboard and mouse not working windows 10

keyboard and mouse not working windows 10: During installing in windows 10 my mouse work correctly but after restarting the system why keyboard and mouse not working. From Snapagift https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-windows-10/6164e849-0337-402f-a807-0c48f54a1759
  9. Windows 10 installation on laptop (keyboard and mouse not working)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 installation on laptop (keyboard and mouse not working): I had a hard drive fail on a Hp Pavilion x360-15-bk152nr. I replaced the Stock HHD 1 TB with a 500GB SSD. I downloaded the Operating System Windows 10 home from the microsoft website onto a USB, trying to keep the computers system to spec Windows 10 home is what the computer...
  10. Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working

Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working: After I installed Windows 10 from windows 7 I couldn't use my mouse and keyboard it works when I boot up BIOS Utility but when im on windows 10 it does not work. I tried switching usb ports and that didn't work either. 9997

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 setup nit recognizkng keyboard or mouse

2. windows 10 setup keyboard not working

3. Windows install keyboard not working

4. mouse and key not working after installing windows 10