Windows 10: Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode

Discus and support Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the most recent Windows 10 update none of the USB ports work properly after the machine boots up. I can't use any keyboard or mouse once the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by J Yan, Jul 17, 2022.

1. J Yan Win User

Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode

After the most recent Windows 10 update none of the USB ports work properly after the machine boots up. I can't use any keyboard or mouse once the machine has booted up. What I have done to try and fix this:unplugged and plugged back in multiple keyboards and mice testing on a separate device to verify they workRestarted the computer several timesI have forced shutdown several times to boot up into the auto repair mode. The mouse and keyboard work in that mode. but after I boot into safe mode the mouse and keyboard no longer workUninstalled the latest quality updateTried uninstalling the lat

:)

J Yan, Jul 17, 2022
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Mouse and keyboard won't work in safe mode

Hi,

Safe mode starts your Windows using minimal set of drivers to help troubleshoot issues on your computer. Rebooting your computer should change it back to normal boot. However, if you entered safe mode through msconfig, then you will need a keyboard to exit
    safe mode. If your keyboard is not working, then we suggest using an external keyboard and mouse to enable exiting the safe mode.

Get back to us with the update so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jul 17, 2022
  3. coopfab Win User
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Jul 17, 2022
  4. Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode

Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Jul 17, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode

1. Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode - Similar Threads - Keyboard mouse working

2. Laptop will boot into Safe Mode, but not Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop will boot into Safe Mode, but not Normal Mode: System: Dell Inspiron 14z-5423OS: Windows 10 Home 22H2Build: 19045.4529Original problem: My computer crashed at 11:04pm on 7/17. When I tried to boot it up the next day, the BIOS screen would load and pass, then the display would turn completely off. No LCD, no backlight. The...
  3. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...: Keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS. As soon as Windows boots I lose power to all USB devices. This happens regardless of whether or not it's in safe mode...
  4. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...

Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...: Keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS. As soon as Windows boots I lose power to all USB devices. This happens regardless of whether or not it's in safe mode...
  5. Keyboard or Mouse NOT working in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard or Mouse NOT working in Safe Mode: [IMG]Safe Mode is used to troubleshoot problems on a Windows computer. In Safe Mode, Windows loads only necessary drivers, including keyboard and mouse drivers. Problems occur if the keyboard or mouse stops working in the Safe Mode. It also makes it difficult to exit Safe...
  6. Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode: After the most recent Windows 10 update none of the USB ports work properly after the machine boots up. I can't use any keyboard or mouse once the machine has booted up. What I have done to try and fix this:unplugged and plugged back in multiple keyboards and mice testing on...
  7. Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode

Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode: After the most recent Windows 10 update none of the USB ports work properly after the machine boots up. I can't use any keyboard or mouse once the machine has booted up. What I have done to try and fix this:unplugged and plugged back in multiple keyboards and mice testing on...
  8. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in safe mode: My computer stopped recognizing keyboard and mouse. Tried different keyboard/ mouse, doesn't work. Tried safe mode, no keyboard/ mouse. Tried uninstalling updates, failed. Tried restoring to earlier date, still won't recognize. Tried reinstalling windows 10 from usb, doesn't...
  9. Windows 10 Safe Mode Keyboard or Mouse does not Work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Safe Mode Keyboard or Mouse does not Work: My issue is my computer is stuck in scanning and repair drive mode. I am trying to bypass it by going into "Safe Mode" I am able to press "F Key" to get me get the computer into the screen that allows safe mode. But once I am in that screen my keyboard or mouse no longer...
  10. Unable to boot Windows 10, normal or safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot Windows 10, normal or safe mode: This morning when I started my laptop, all I could see was the mouse pointer arrow on a black screen. I restarted the laptop, but it gets stuck at the spinning white dots. From what I have read, it seems like an issue related to the Nvidia driver. Here is what I have tried...