Windows 10: Keyboard and mouse not working WINDOWS 11

Discus and support Keyboard and mouse not working WINDOWS 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today when I turned on my pc it started as usual, everything seemed alright except that the RGB of the keyboard didn’t turn on, I forced shut down my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ana María Beltrán Torres, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Keyboard and mouse not working WINDOWS 11

Today when I turned on my pc it started as usual, everything seemed alright except that the RGB of the keyboard didn’t turn on, I forced shut down my pc, acceded the bios and the keyboard and mouse were working perfectly, I then restarted the pc and in the screen where it tells the time neither of them worked, I don’t think it’s a hardware issue.

:)

Ana María Beltrán Torres, Feb 11, 2023

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 11, 2023
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Feb 11, 2023
  4. Keyboard and mouse not working WINDOWS 11

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center macros not working in Windows 11

I just bought a Windows 11 PC to replace my old Windows 10 PC. I was in the process of installing all of my apps and configuring them on Windows 11 (just as I had in Win 10). So far, everything has worked (that I tried) as before in Win 10. However, when I ran a macro with the button on my "Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000" within Win 11 (applied to one of my other applications), it didn't execute as expected. It let me create the macro as usual, but it never ran when I clicked the mouse button.

I tried doing the same thing back on my old Win 10 machine (with the same Mouse and software) and it worked flawlessly. The version of Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center that I used for both Win 10 and Win 11 was 14.41 (or more specifically, v14.41.137.0). I googled to see if there was a separate application for Win 11, but I didn't see one.

Here are the steps that I took to create the macro in Win 11:

1. I first opened the application that I wanted to apply the macro to.
    2. Then I opened Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center and went to the mouse section.
    3. I clicked on "app-specific settings" selection.
    4. I clicked the "Add New" button.
    5. I selected the app in the list and clicked on it.
    6. I clicked on the button that I wanted to apply it to (Left side button).
    7. In the list of options to apply to the button, I selected "macro."
    8. I clicked the "Create a new Macro" button.
    9. I clicked into the "editor" box and typed in the key strokes that I wanted it to execute.
    10. I clicked the back arrow button until I got back to the main screen.
    11. I pressed the mouse button within the app's window, but it never ran (even with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center window still being opened).
    As I mentioned, these same steps worked fine in Win 10. I even tried to use a pre-made selection (such as "Magnify"), but even that didn't work. At this point, it seems like the "app-specific settings" don't work at all within Win 11. Only the "basic settings" appear to be working (at least for the mouse). This functionality was the main reason that I bought a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard!!

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any fix!!

Switchgeek, Feb 11, 2023
Thema:

Keyboard and mouse not working WINDOWS 11

1. Keyboard and mouse not working WINDOWS 11 - Similar Threads - Keyboard mouse working

2. Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard stops working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard stops working on Windows 11: I have a Dell Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard combo. This combo has a USB dongle as well as 2 Bluetooth settings. I have the dongle plugged into my Windows 10 computer, and then use one of the Bluetooth settings on my Windows 11 device. Every so often, the mouse and keyboard will...
  3. Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard stops working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard stops working on Windows 11: I have a Dell Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard combo. This combo has a USB dongle as well as 2 Bluetooth settings. I have the dongle plugged into my Windows 10 computer, and then use one of the Bluetooth settings on my Windows 11 device. Every so often, the mouse and keyboard will...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not working WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not working WINDOWS 11: Today when I turned on my pc it started as usual, everything seemed alright except that the RGB of the keyboard didn’t turn on, I forced shut down my pc, acceded the bios and the keyboard and mouse were working perfectly, I then restarted the pc and in the screen where it...
  5. Windows 11 - Keyboard and Mouse only working sporadically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Keyboard and Mouse only working sporadically: I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 a few months ago, and since then I'm having trouble using my keyboard and mouse, as they only work sporadically. Not like I have to reboot so they work, but after a random amount of time a matter of seconds, no input from mouse or keyboard is...
  6. Windows 11 - Keyboard and Mouse only working sporadically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Keyboard and Mouse only working sporadically: I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 a few months ago, and since then I'm having trouble using my keyboard and mouse, as they only work sporadically. Not like I have to reboot so they work, but after a random amount of time a matter of seconds, no input from mouse or keyboard is...
  7. Mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and keyboard not working: I have reset my PC and keyboard and mouse is not working so what can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboard-not-working/1e5714be-a98d-48b9-821f-7e41f2e47b4d
  8. Mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard not working: I have reset my PC and keyboard and mouse is not working so what can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboard-not-working/1e5714be-a98d-48b9-821f-7e41f2e47b4d
  9. Mouse/keyboard not working in windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse/keyboard not working in windows: My mouse and keyboard are suddenly not working in my pc. But they are working all good in the BIOS setup. I had read about uninstalling the kb4074588 windows update. I tried but I cannot do that from the repair my computer mode. Can i please get a help...
  10. Mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard not working: I sent my Envy pc to HP and have the fan replaced, when I got it back my mouse and keyboard did not work. I called HP and they sent me a mouse and keyboard, The mouse and keyboard I have is not the cheap junk that HP sent me. I don't know what to do about getting my mouse and...