Windows 10: Keyboard and Mouse stop working for around 2 - 3 seconds then turn back on again randomly....

Discus and support Keyboard and Mouse stop working for around 2 - 3 seconds then turn back on again randomly.... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since I moved this computer [Made by HP, running on Windows 10 Home 22H2] and plugged in my new keyboard, mouse [SteelSeries Apex 4 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by —Prathik—, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Keyboard and Mouse stop working for around 2 - 3 seconds then turn back on again randomly....

Ever since I moved this computer [Made by HP, running on Windows 10 Home 22H2] and plugged in my new keyboard, mouse [SteelSeries Apex 4 and SteelSeries Rival 3] and my Elgato Stream Deck into my computer [Using a USB Hub], my keyboard and mouse randomly turn off [I can tell since the RGB on it randomly goes black], and then turn on again after around 2 seconds. This gets really annoying, especially when I'm trying to play something or type [In fact, it happened twice when I was writing this message].I've already cleaned up all corrupt files, deleted things I had recently installed and have tr

:)

—Prathik—, Jan 3, 2023

2. Keyboard and mouse randomly stops working.

About 2 weeks ago i my keyboard and mouse suddenly stops working.

It dose it randomly and don't work to plug out and back in again.

What i have done to try and fix it is.

Turn off "USB selevtive suspend settings" in Power option.

Turn off USB 3.0 from BIOS

Remove and reinstall USB Driver

Remove and reinstall Keyboard and mouse dirvers.

Disable not mouse driver that's not in use ( For some reason i get 2-3 drivers everytime.

Update windows (and try to find KB4074588 and delete, but was not installed.)

And ofcourse tried diffrent usb ports.

I even format both my harddrives and reinstalled windows.

I have tried 2 diffrent keyboards but the same with both.

When it happens i have to restart my pc in order for them to work again.

Makes using my pc so frustrating i don't even want to use it anymore.

Can also add that my pc finds 2 mouses even in bios (not a laptop)

Anyone got any tips on how to solve it?

EmilBlomqvist, Jan 3, 2023
  3. tas3986 Win User
    Mouse and keyboard randomly stop working Temporary Solution

Lenovo laptop and microsoft witerless mouse. randomly the keyboard and mouse, touchpad stop working. Mouse pointer can move, but no clicking works. Touchscreen, same scenario, nothing from the keyboard....BUT: .....

Tried everything, but found a temporary solution.. CTL-ALT_Del works. Then can TAB down to task manager, Enter works, and task manager starts. Wait a few seconds, then click on X to close task manager (2 clicks are needed) . When task manager closes,
    Everything returns to normal.

Problem seems to be randomly initially activated when clicking on an icon to start a task.

How can I pertinently fix the problem?

tas3986, Jan 3, 2023
  4. Keyboard and Mouse stop working for around 2 - 3 seconds then turn back on again randomly....

Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

Hello everyone, this problem had started for me only about 3 or so days ago, and is rather annoying. What happens is that randomly while using the mouse, it would freeze up and I would hear the "Device Disconnect" sound, and a second later the mouse would work again. This happens absolutely randomly, and after a bunch of times, both the keyboard and the mouse completely stops working. They are both connected to the USB ports on the motherboard at the back of the computer, and unplugging and replugging does not make them work again. The only solution to get the mouse and keyboard working again [temporarily], is to restart the PC using the main power button. When they stop working, the numlock light is still lit on the keyboard, but the keyboard does not respond, and I have a small indicator light on my laser mouse that just starts blinking, when it normally has never done that. Everything else is still working, such as any music playing, and the internet. And that is why I am posting, so that perhaps someone could find a solution.[emoji25] [emoji30]

ChocoRolls, Jan 3, 2023
Thema:

Keyboard and Mouse stop working for around 2 - 3 seconds then turn back on again randomly....

1. Keyboard and Mouse stop working for around 2 - 3 seconds then turn back on again randomly.... - Similar Threads - Keyboard Mouse stop

2. Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly: I don't know how and when this problem started but my usb mouse and keyboard stop working completly and i need to reboot my pc to temporaly fix the problem,the screen still work properly, before the mouse and keyboard stopped there will be a stuttering when i move my mouse....
  3. Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly: I don't know how and when this problem started but my usb mouse and keyboard stop working completly and i need to reboot my pc to temporaly fix the problem,the screen still work properly, before the mouse and keyboard stopped there will be a stuttering when i move my mouse....
  4. Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Mouse and keyboard freezing after 2-3 seconds of rest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard freezing after 2-3 seconds of rest: In this morning I noticed that when I stay 2-3 seconds without using the mouse or keyboard they freeze for 5 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboard-freezing-after-2-3-seconds-of/56f079f9-c29e-4fd1-90d1-cf49726508ad
  6. Mouse and keyboard freezing after 2-3 seconds of rest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard freezing after 2-3 seconds of rest: In this morning I noticed that when I stay 2-3 seconds without using the mouse or keyboard they freeze for 5 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboard-freezing-after-2-3-seconds-of/56f079f9-c29e-4fd1-90d1-cf49726508ad
  7. Keyboard and Mouse stop working for around 2 - 3 seconds then turn back on again randomly....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse stop working for around 2 - 3 seconds then turn back on again randomly....: Ever since I moved this computer [Made by HP, running on Windows 10 Home 22H2] and plugged in my new keyboard, mouse [SteelSeries Apex 4 and SteelSeries Rival 3] and my Elgato Stream Deck into my computer [Using a USB Hub], my keyboard and mouse randomly turn off [I can tell...
  8. Keyboard and Mouse stop working for around 2 - 3 seconds then turn back on again randomly....

Keyboard and Mouse stop working for around 2 - 3 seconds then turn back on again randomly....: Ever since I moved this computer [Made by HP, running on Windows 10 Home 22H2] and plugged in my new keyboard, mouse [SteelSeries Apex 4 and SteelSeries Rival 3] and my Elgato Stream Deck into my computer [Using a USB Hub], my keyboard and mouse randomly turn off [I can tell...
  9. Mouse and keyboard stops working randomly

Mouse and keyboard stops working randomly: Hi. I am seerat. The keyboard of my laptop model Haier Y11C having windows 10 for education stops working randomly and starts clicking wrong keys e.g. i click space button it opens history panel. And at the same time my mouse also starts clicking wrong commands i.e i click...
  10. Keyboard and mouse stop working randomly

Keyboard and mouse stop working randomly: Hi Microsoft, For the past week or so I've been having an issue where my wireless keyboard and mouse stop working at random moments. When the computer starts up everything works fine, and after half an hour or so the input device suddenly becomes unresponsive. Peculiar...