Windows 10: Keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected

Discus and support Keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In this post, we will describe possible solutions for the problem in which the keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 13, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected

Keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected keyboard-mouse-not-responding-flash-drive.png
    In this post, we will describe possible solutions for the problem in which the keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected. According to the feedback of affected users, their USB devices like keyboards, mice, etc., work fine until they connect a USB Flash Drive to their computers. The same thing […]

This article Keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jul 13, 2021

2. Connecting USB flash drive causes wireless keyboard and mouse to freeze

2 week old HP All-In-One worked fine until today - connecting a USB flash drive or portable hard drive causes the HP wireless mouse and keyboard to stop working - unplug the flash drive and the mouse/keyboard works again... any ideas or suggestions ?

RoamingGnome, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Connecting USB flash drive causes wireless keyboard and mouse to freeze

Sadly swapping ports around doesn't fix the problem, doesn't matter where I have the dongle for the HP keyboard/mouse or what port I use for the flash drive - as soon as the computer sees the flash drive (or hard drive) the mouse and keyboard stop working,
    - It's only with a storage device though - if I connect a camera to a USB port I don't have any problems.

RoamingGnome, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected

Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected

1. Keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected - Similar Threads - Keyboard mouse stop

2. USB Flash Drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Flash Drive not working: Hi I recently bought a new pen drive and moved my stuff to it. After I used it multiple times, a message pop ups and said my pen drive has a issue and it needed to be scanned and fixed. So i click it and give the command to repair it. But for long time it is still like that...
  3. USB mouse stops working when you plug in a USB thumb drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB mouse stops working when you plug in a USB thumb drive: Hi all, so I have WIndows 10Pro. I have an Anker USB 4 port hub. I am using a Microfot Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 5000. When I plug in a USB thumb drive into the USB port, my mouse and keyboard stop responding. As soon as I unplug the USB drive, everything comes back to...
  4. Connecting USB flash drive causes wireless keyboard and mouse to freeze

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting USB flash drive causes wireless keyboard and mouse to freeze: 2 week old HP All-In-One worked fine until today - connecting a USB flash drive or portable hard drive causes the HP wireless mouse and keyboard to stop working - unplug the flash drive and the mouse/keyboard works again... any ideas or suggestions ?...
  5. USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.

USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.: Hello. I have a problem with my USB 3.0 ports on 2 of my PCs. Problem description: Windows 10 Pro, genuine, with latest updates, latest drivers original, not driverpack or other s*** and BIOS. System is on WD NVMe SSD on one PC and Samsung sata SSD on the other one....
  6. USB flash drive not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB flash drive not working: I recently got a windows 10 PC, but it tells me I need to change the password. I don’t know the old password, so I pressed ‘password reset disk’ and it tells me I need a USB flash drive, I insert one into the PC, and it still says I need to insert one. I waited for a while...
  7. USB mouse stops working when HDMI cable connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB mouse stops working when HDMI cable connected: I have a Microsoft mouse remote connected through a usb port. When I connect a HDMI cable the mouse stops working. The pad on the laptop works but not the remote mouse. Any advise to get remote mouse to work? submitted by /u/BuleMike [link] [comments]...
  8. usb connected mouse right click is stopped working frequently and usb connected keyboard...

usb connected mouse right click is stopped working frequently and usb connected keyboard...: I am windows10 home user,every time when I use my laptop I am facing this issue, my usb connected mouse right click is stopped working frequently and usb connected keyboard keys also giving same problem.some times it is restored by restarting windows explorer,but some times...
  9. Keyboard and mouse stop working when I plug in a USB flash drive.

Keyboard and mouse stop working when I plug in a USB flash drive.: Today I bought a 32GB flash drive and when I plug it in my mouse loses power and my keyboard wont accept input (lights are still on) Ive tried it on several computers and they all work fine. I changed out the keyboard and mouse and now the mouse still works while the...
  10. USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now.

USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now.: I had Windows 10 installed for I guess a year working good. The other day it did not see USB flash drive I plug in. It did make a ding sound though the USB sound headphones I have on it. Rebooted and then no USB works. It goes to the log in screen and I can press any key...