Windows 10: Keyboard and mouse stop working when I plug in a USB flash drive.

Discus and support Keyboard and mouse stop working when I plug in a USB flash drive. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today I bought a 32GB flash drive and when I plug it in my mouse loses power and my keyboard wont accept input (lights are still on) Ive tried it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristianOrozco, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Keyboard and mouse stop working when I plug in a USB flash drive.

Today I bought a 32GB flash drive and when I plug it in my mouse loses power and my keyboard wont accept input (lights are still on)

Ive tried it on several computers and they all work fine. I changed out the keyboard and mouse and now the mouse still works while the keyboard barely works and will type numbers on its own and only type some of the keys I am pressing.

I let it sit overnight and now it is working fine but the issue starts again whenever I plug in a flash drive. Other USB devices dont have any issues at all. And it doesnt matter what port I plug into the issue persists.

:)

ChristianOrozco, Feb 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Feb 24, 2019
  3. USB mouse stopped working after I plugged iphone - but flash drive still works

I am in this ordeal now. Windows 10 on VAIO. I plug my iphone into the usb port and noticed my corded legitech trackman and wireless keyboard stop working. I unplugged the iphone, rebooted, googled and tried many fixes in the past 120 hours even restored
    machine to my last store point - nothing worked. Actually after restore window won't load I had to restore back to before the first restore (fortunately at least that worked). All my usb ports still work with flash drives. Talked to Logitech they same that
    there is no driver that I need to install for their mouse to work. Please help! cannot live on touchpad! Thanks and looking forward to your reply.

QiyingZhou, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Keyboard and mouse stop working when I plug in a USB flash drive.

External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working

I've been using an external mouse and keyboard with my laptop for a while now. A few days ago, the mouse stopped working. It's a wired mouse and the red light comes on when it's plugged in. At the same time, the top row of keys on my wired keyboard stopped working (the volume controls, mail button, home, customizable buttons, etc.). When I plug the mouse in, it appears under Other Devices in the Device Manager, listed twice as a USB Input Device. When I try to update the driver automatically, it says Windows was unable to. The mouse doesn't work in safe mode. I tried a wireless mouse as well and it doesn't work either. My external keyboard shows up under keyboards as an HID Keyboard Device and Windows says the best drivers for my device are already installed. I've tried all three USB ports and the mouse works on another computer. The built-in keyboard and touch pad on my laptop still work fine. What else can I do? Thanks in advance.

purplewalrus, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard and mouse stop working when I plug in a USB flash drive.

1. Keyboard and mouse stop working when I plug in a USB flash drive. - Similar Threads - Keyboard mouse stop

2. When I plug in flash drive it comes up as mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I plug in flash drive it comes up as mouse: My flash drive is recognised a a mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-in-flash-drive-it-comes-up-as-mouse/e8bc4748-e50e-4669-9b2d-4f564935c4ed
  3. When I plug in flash drive it comes up as mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I plug in flash drive it comes up as mouse: My flash drive is recognised a a mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-in-flash-drive-it-comes-up-as-mouse/e8bc4748-e50e-4669-9b2d-4f564935c4ed
  4. When I plug in flash drive it comes up as mouse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected: [ATTACH]In this post, we will describe possible solutions for the problem in which the keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected. According to the feedback of affected users, their USB devices like keyboards, mice, etc., work fine until they connect...
  6. mouse stop working when usb drive plugged into to my windows 10 notebook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse stop working when usb drive plugged into to my windows 10 notebook: My wireless mouse stop working when usb drive plugged into to my windows 10 notebook.This question is listed as having been asked before but no resolution.I have checked for latest updates...
  7. Mouse and Keyboard not working when plugged in together in the usb docking station.

Mouse and Keyboard not working when plugged in together in the usb docking station.: I am using 4 port usb docking station as only 1 usb port on my laptop is functional. Although when plugged in separately, both usb mouse and keyboard work properly but when plugged in together, the mouse stops working. However, the light in the mouse is on indicating that it...
  8. USB mouse stops working when you plug in a USB thumb drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB mouse stops working when you plug in a USB thumb drive: Hi all, so I have WIndows 10Pro. I have an Anker USB 4 port hub. I am using a Microfot Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 5000. When I plug in a USB thumb drive into the USB port, my mouse and keyboard stop responding. As soon as I unplug the USB drive, everything comes back to...
  9. USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.

USB mouse stops working when USB flash drive is plugged in.: Hello. I have a problem with my USB 3.0 ports on 2 of my PCs. Problem description: Windows 10 Pro, genuine, with latest updates, latest drivers original, not driverpack or other s*** and BIOS. System is on WD NVMe SSD on one PC and Samsung sata SSD on the other one....
  10. Sometime Usb Mouse Stop Working when i plug my phone with usb Cable !

Sometime Usb Mouse Stop Working when i plug my phone with usb Cable !: my desktop have windows 10 2016 ltsb version. i have a usb mouse and it is plug n play and manufacturer doesn't have any driver for it. whenever i plug my android phone with usb ,, sometime mouse stop working but light is on in mouse.changing port doesn't help and i've to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse stops working when plug thumb drive in

2. when plug in usb cd drive causes wireless mouse to stop working on laptop

3. mouse stops working when i insert thumb drive

4. wireless mouse not working after plugging in exteral drive,
  5. plug in dvd drive keyboard and mouse stop working,
  6. mouse and keyboard stop when usb plugged in,
  7. what causes keyboard to stop working after plugging in flash drive,
  8. Wireless mouse and keyboard doesnt work when I plug in flashdrive,
  9. windows mouse stops working when i plug in usb drive,
  10. why mouse stops working when i plig flash dive