Windows 10: Keyboard and mouse stopped working on Windows but works on bios need a fix please

Discus and support Keyboard and mouse stopped working on Windows but works on bios need a fix please in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My MUM unplugged my keyboard and than it stopped working on Windows so I turned my pc off and than turned my pc back on and my keyboard and mouse works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamGray1, Aug 4, 2019.

1. AdamGray1 Win User

Keyboard and mouse stopped working on Windows but works on bios need a fix please

My MUM unplugged my keyboard and than it stopped working on Windows so I turned my pc off and than turned my pc back on and my keyboard and mouse works on the bios and not the windows 10

:)

AdamGray1, Aug 4, 2019

2. Mouse/Keyboard work in BIOS, they do not work once computer boots

I have been using computers for over 25 years now, and I have never run across a problem like this. Backstory: I built my current PC about a year ago. Everything worked perfectly until about 5 days ago. At that point, it needed to restart. I restarted it, and upon boot neither the mouse or keyboard would respond. I tried a different mouse and keyboard, they did not work either. I tried both of the mice and keyboards with another PC, and they worked fine. This absolutely rules out the problem being the inputs.Then, I noticed that the mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS. However, after exiting BIOS and booting, they stop responding altogether. I have gone into system recovery countless times and tried literally every recovery option listed, to no avail. Any suggestions to help would be GREATLY appreciated. For the past 5 days I have literally had a $3000 paperweight.

JamesKBoyd, Sep 30, 2019
  3. AdamGray1 Win User
    Keyboard and mouse stopped working on Windows but works on bios need a fix please

My MUM unplugged my keyboard and than it stopped working on Windows so I turned my pc off and than turned my pc back on and my keyboard and mouse works on the bios and not the windows 10

AdamGray1, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Vanion Win User

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Its a new build i was trying to install my windows os

Thanks for your help my PS keyboard is working unfortunately my usb mouse/keyboard still do not work even after having my OS installed. How would i go about selecting to load the driver packages?

Vanion, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Keyboard and mouse stopped working on Windows but works on bios need a fix please - Similar Threads - Keyboard mouse stopped

2. Keyboard and mouse stop working entirely after exiting bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse stop working entirely after exiting bios: Hello, today I wanted to test out my b550 motherboard I haven’t used in a while, I made sure the cpu with intergrated graphics works and I also tested the ram before hand, connected a functioning psu and a windows 7 hdd from a laptop, whenever I come out of bios, dosent...
  3. Keyboard and mouse stop working entirely after exiting bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse stop working entirely after exiting bios: Hello, today I wanted to test out my b550 motherboard I haven’t used in a while, I made sure the cpu with intergrated graphics works and I also tested the ram before hand, connected a functioning psu and a windows 7 hdd from a laptop, whenever I come out of bios, dosent...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows: I know this question has been asked before on these forums, but I have tried everything in the responses, and nothing has worked. I am at my wits end. Mouse and keyboard both USB work fine up until it comes time to use Windows, then shut off as if the power to the USB is...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows: I know this question has been asked before on these forums, but I have tried everything in the responses, and nothing has worked. I am at my wits end. Mouse and keyboard both USB work fine up until it comes time to use Windows, then shut off as if the power to the USB is...
  6. Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Keyboard or Mouse works in BIOS but NOT in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard or Mouse works in BIOS but NOT in Windows: [IMG]When a keyboard or mouse works in BIOS but not in Windows, it creates problems and makes the computer difficult to use. Such a thing happens to some users. They can use their keyboard or mouse in BIOS, but when they exit BIOS, their keyboard or mouse becomes dead. If you...
  8. Keyboard and mouse works in BIOS but not in the OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse works in BIOS but not in the OS: Straight to the point, it seems that the keyboard and mouse USB stopped working when doing a system recovery. It all started with an update which caused instability and applications stops working.I started the steps for a system recovery, however, I have not been able to...
  9. Keyboard and mouse works in BIOS but not in the OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse works in BIOS but not in the OS: Straight to the point, it seems that the keyboard and mouse USB stopped working when doing a system recovery. It all started with an update which caused instability and applications stops working.I started the steps for a system recovery, however, I have not been able to...
  10. Keyboard and Mouse Only Work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and Mouse Only Work in BIOS: So I got an Ocus Rift S yesterday, and I ran into an obscure problem with sensors not being able to be tracked. I looked at multiple sources saying the fix was easy. After trying every single one, nothing ever worked of course, the last one I tried was changing the drivers...