Windows 10: Keyboard and mouse suddenly stop working after putting it in safe mode and boot loop

Discus and support Keyboard and mouse suddenly stop working after putting it in safe mode and boot loop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Got into a bootloop, put in safe mode, won’t let me enter pin. The keyboard and mouse work in bios, but it won’t let me put in pin still, any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HereToHaveFunReddit, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Keyboard and mouse suddenly stop working after putting it in safe mode and boot loop

Got into a bootloop, put in safe mode, won’t let me enter pin. The keyboard and mouse work in bios, but it won’t let me put in pin still, any ideas?

submitted by /u/HereToHaveFunReddit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HereToHaveFunReddit, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Che93 Win User

keyboard and mouse not working in safe mode

Hi, my laptop is Asus A550L, my brother just update the windows to windows 10 creator, and after that the keyboard and mouse stop working, only working in bios mode, after reading some internet tips i manage to also boot into Advanced Startup Options. than
    after that i tried to boot to safe mode in case i can delete or reinstall the drivers, which fails.

This is when the problem got worse, windows refuse to boot to safe mode, which then, i use command prompt to force it to boot safe mode. after reaching the safe mode, my mouse and keyboard stop working again, and i cant open the bios or the Advanced Startup
    Options (which can be accessed by f2/f8) again. Mistakes were made

So my question is, how to at least make the windows bootable back to bios or Advanced Startup Options and also to fix the not working keyboard and mouse after the first problem is solved

note that:

- I CANNOT USE my keyboard and mouse external nor internal

- This is a laptop that doesnt have ps2 port

- I`ve tried many mouse and keyboard and it doesnt work

p/s: sorry for my bad english

Che93, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Mouse and keyboard won't work in safe mode

Hi,

Safe mode starts your Windows using minimal set of drivers to help troubleshoot issues on your computer. Rebooting your computer should change it back to normal boot. However, if you entered safe mode through msconfig, then you will need a keyboard to exit
    safe mode. If your keyboard is not working, then we suggest using an external keyboard and mouse to enable exiting the safe mode.

Get back to us with the update so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Feb 23, 2021
  4. MF-Lai Win User

Keyboard and mouse suddenly stop working after putting it in safe mode and boot loop

Keyboard and Mouse works only in Safe Mode

I've upgraded to Windows 10. All was well for my Asus Desktop but suddenly both wireless keyboard and mouse stopped responding. My system is still 'alive' as I can see the internet getting connected. Tried other USB mouse but not working. Tried updating
    driver, uninstalling but to no avail. Both drivers show as HID Keyboard Device & HID-Compliant Mouse. I can now work only in Safe Mode with Networking but I need my apps. Anyone out there who can help? Thanks!

MF-Lai, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard and mouse suddenly stop working after putting it in safe mode and boot loop

1. Keyboard and mouse suddenly stop working after putting it in safe mode and boot loop - Similar Threads - Keyboard mouse suddenly

2. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  3. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  4. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard or Mouse NOT working in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard or Mouse NOT working in Safe Mode: [IMG]Safe Mode is used to troubleshoot problems on a Windows computer. In Safe Mode, Windows loads only necessary drivers, including keyboard and mouse drivers. Problems occur if the keyboard or mouse stops working in the Safe Mode. It also makes it difficult to exit Safe...
  6. Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode: After the most recent Windows 10 update none of the USB ports work properly after the machine boots up. I can't use any keyboard or mouse once the machine has booted up. What I have done to try and fix this:unplugged and plugged back in multiple keyboards and mice testing on...
  7. Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode: After the most recent Windows 10 update none of the USB ports work properly after the machine boots up. I can't use any keyboard or mouse once the machine has booted up. What I have done to try and fix this:unplugged and plugged back in multiple keyboards and mice testing on...
  8. Keyboard and Mouse stop working immediately after boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Mouse stop working immediately after boot.: Help, I am having this issue, Please respond if you know why this is happening, or how to resolve the issue: Just recently, a few days ago I switched on my PC and began the process of starting it up; throughout the BIOS screen and boot process all was well and good,...
  9. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in safe mode: My computer stopped recognizing keyboard and mouse. Tried different keyboard/ mouse, doesn't work. Tried safe mode, no keyboard/ mouse. Tried uninstalling updates, failed. Tried restoring to earlier date, still won't recognize. Tried reinstalling windows 10 from usb, doesn't...
  10. No mouse or keyboard in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No mouse or keyboard in safe mode: After the amazing and wonderful Anniversary Update, that fixes nothing but adds other bugs & glitches, I can't use mouse and keyboard in Safe Mode. Before the update, it worked fine. Any solution? I use safe mode to install new nvidia drivers in safety. When I launch in...