Windows 10: Keyboard and Mouse won't respond

Discus and support Keyboard and Mouse won't respond in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; after an update I got a Keyboard error message up on boot up and once it gets to the logon screen neither my keyboard or mouse will work. They are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jbchil, Feb 9, 2020.

1. jbchil Win User

Keyboard and Mouse won't respond

after an update I got a Keyboard error message up on boot up and once it gets to the logon screen neither my keyboard or mouse will work. They are wired. I have tired other keyboard and mice and they do not respond either. I was able to get my computer to boot up into Troubleshooting mode, but I can't actually select troubleshooting or anything because neither device will work. Help please?

:)

jbchil, Feb 9, 2020

2. usb mouse not responding

Hi Lance,

It can be a faulty driver that is causing your mouse and headphone not to work. However, we need to gather more information for us to provide the best solution to your computer. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is your mouse and headphones working on another computer?

We suggest that you visit the links below for troubleshooting steps for your mouse and headphones.

Looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, Feb 9, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Keyboard and Mouse won't respond

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard and Mouse won't respond

1. Keyboard and Mouse won't respond - Similar Threads - Keyboard Mouse won't

2. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  3. Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.: Hello,My pc Freeze and keyboard turned off but the mouse still on power.So the pc monitor freeze the desktop still working like the GPU fan spinning. Stuck on gaming or browser no blue screen or shut down. The freeze last for few minutes then the desktop just turned...
  4. Mouse stutters and won't respond sometimes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse stutters and won't respond sometimes.: I've been using a Logitech M510 with my computer since I built it in 2018. Recently, it has started stuttering and just being a general POS. Thinking it was a problem with the mouse drivers and that Logitech was ignoring the problem, I purchased a tecknet wireless mouse and...
  5. My keyboard and mouse stopped responding.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard and mouse stopped responding.: What is the procedure to get my keyboard and mouse to work again? I did something yesterday that I shouldn't have, and now I can't use either the keyboard or the mouse....
  6. keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10: hi, keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10 on my desktop pc.it was working fine before. plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-responding-in-window-10/55bbbde0-8100-477b-a8ca-a05e6b8184c2
  7. Apps won't respond to mouse clicks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps won't respond to mouse clicks.: Not sure if its a Windows 10 problem or not but, I have had my (pre-built but upgraded) PC for just over a year now and it's great! but for 1, it suddenly started feeling really slow and freezing (I have an m.2 nvme) but, most annoyingly, apps and games will just not respond...
  8. Windows won't respond to my mouse and keyboard

Windows won't respond to my mouse and keyboard: Windows doesn't respond to my mouse and keyboard. The keyboard does work in the bios but when windows boots, it's LEDs turn off and nothing works. My mouse also gets power but nothing happens when i move it. USB works correctly. Also everything works in the installation...
  9. Mouse is slow to respond. Keyboard too!

Mouse is slow to respond. Keyboard too!: After the recent update from April's Windows 10 Patch Tuesday, both mice and keyboards on my HP Desktop and Acer Desktop have become really slow. Anyone know what's going on and how to resolve this issue? 130614
  10. Mouse and keyboard input are slow to respond.

Mouse and keyboard input are slow to respond.: Hello, I've been having this issue since the last Windows 10 update, When I first power on the computer the mouse and keyboard are slow to respond as if there is lag between them and the computer. Also the HDD activity light is going nuts. When I restart the computer...