Windows 10: Keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in safe mode

Discus and support Keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in safe mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer stopped recognizing keyboard and mouse. Tried different keyboard/ mouse, doesn't work. Tried safe mode, no keyboard/ mouse. Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/super2020throwaway, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in safe mode

My computer stopped recognizing keyboard and mouse. Tried different keyboard/ mouse, doesn't work. Tried safe mode, no keyboard/ mouse. Tried uninstalling updates, failed. Tried restoring to earlier date, still won't recognize. Tried reinstalling windows 10 from usb, doesn't recognize usb. Any advice?

submitted by /u/super2020throwaway
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/super2020throwaway, Feb 6, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Che93 Win User
    keyboard and mouse not working in safe mode

Hi, my laptop is Asus A550L, my brother just update the windows to windows 10 creator, and after that the keyboard and mouse stop working, only working in bios mode, after reading some internet tips i manage to also boot into Advanced Startup Options. than
    after that i tried to boot to safe mode in case i can delete or reinstall the drivers, which fails.

This is when the problem got worse, windows refuse to boot to safe mode, which then, i use command prompt to force it to boot safe mode. after reaching the safe mode, my mouse and keyboard stop working again, and i cant open the bios or the Advanced Startup
    Options (which can be accessed by f2/f8) again. Mistakes were made

So my question is, how to at least make the windows bootable back to bios or Advanced Startup Options and also to fix the not working keyboard and mouse after the first problem is solved

note that:

- I CANNOT USE my keyboard and mouse external nor internal

- This is a laptop that doesnt have ps2 port

- I`ve tried many mouse and keyboard and it doesnt work

p/s: sorry for my bad english

Che93, Feb 6, 2021
  4. iamc3k Win User

Keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in safe mode

iamc3k, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in safe mode

1. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in safe mode - Similar Threads - Keyboard mouse bios

2. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...: Keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS. As soon as Windows boots I lose power to all USB devices. This happens regardless of whether or not it's in safe mode...
  3. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse work in bios but as soon as Windows boots, safe mode or normally, they...: Keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS. As soon as Windows boots I lose power to all USB devices. This happens regardless of whether or not it's in safe mode...
  4. Keyboard or Mouse NOT working in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard or Mouse NOT working in Safe Mode: [IMG]Safe Mode is used to troubleshoot problems on a Windows computer. In Safe Mode, Windows loads only necessary drivers, including keyboard and mouse drivers. Problems occur if the keyboard or mouse stops working in the Safe Mode. It also makes it difficult to exit Safe...
  5. Keyboard or Mouse ONLY works in Safe Mode [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard or Mouse ONLY works in Safe Mode [Fix]: [IMG]Some users noticed that their keyboard or mouse only works in Safe Mode. When they exit the Safe Mode and start Windows in normal mode, their keyboard or mouse stops working. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode on Windows computers that you can use to fix the issues....
  6. Keyboard and Mouse work in BIOS however are unresponsive in OS/Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse work in BIOS however are unresponsive in OS/Safe Mode: I am running a windows 11 computer and suddenly this morning my mouse and keyboard have become completely unresponsive, I have tried using different keyboards and mice however as soon the log in page appears the lights on the keyboard and mouse turns off and they are...
  7. Keyboard and Mouse work in BIOS however are unresponsive in OS/Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse work in BIOS however are unresponsive in OS/Safe Mode: I am running a windows 11 computer and suddenly this morning my mouse and keyboard have become completely unresponsive, I have tried using different keyboards and mice however as soon the log in page appears the lights on the keyboard and mouse turns off and they are...
  8. Keyboard Not Working In Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Not Working In Safe Mode?: Currently on Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Build 17763. I noticed (not exactly sure how long it's been like this) but when I am in "safe mode", my keyboard is on, connected fine, I can type just fine in, say notepad and windows powershell for example. However, at a "windows run...
  9. No keyboard or mouse on login and safe mode

No keyboard or mouse on login and safe mode: Hi My keyboard and mouse are only working in the Bios and in the Recovery Console. I have tried to system restore as well as safe mode and some of the other “F” keys functions. The bios has no USB legacy setting. My question is, can I delete the USB driver over the...
  10. No mouse or keyboard in safe mode

No mouse or keyboard in safe mode: After the amazing and wonderful Anniversary Update, that fixes nothing but adds other bugs & glitches, I can't use mouse and keyboard in Safe Mode. Before the update, it worked fine. Any solution? I use safe mode to install new nvidia drivers in safety. When I launch in...