Windows 10: keyboard and mousepad

Discus and support keyboard and mousepad in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Lenovo yogi laptop. From the end of June 2019, I found the cursor would suddenly disappear, and the keyboard and mousepad would cease to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jerri7Stars, Jul 15, 2019.

1. keyboard and mousepad

Hi,

I have a Lenovo yogi laptop. From the end of June 2019, I found the cursor would suddenly disappear, and the keyboard and mousepad would cease to work, the touch screen did. A restart did not resolve the problem, but shutting the laptop down and starting up, did. However, within a few minutes the same action would occur. I eventually decided to restore to factory setting, allowing the updates to commence. (NB lost a program to this as the company doesn't exist any more and the program will not register)

The laptop worked fine until the final updates were installed. …..and again the touch screen works but the mouse and keyboard stop working. Any suggestions.

NB I have found the new 'helpful style' windows 10, not. Oh, for the times when you turn off updates and mess with setting!

:)

Jerri7Stars, Jul 15, 2019

2. Mousepad not working after windows 10

Hi Bon,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I’m sorry to know that Mouse pad is not working after upgrading to Windows 10. Don't worry, I'll be happy to assist you with this.

Method 1:
    Run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices
      option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install mouse pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1:
    Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + W” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the mousepad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2: Download the latest mousepad drivers for Windows 10 from manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jul 15, 2019
  3. miiss.v Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade- Laptop Keyboard/Mousepad Lag

Since upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, there is a lag between using my laptop keyboard and mousepad. I have an HP laptop that I bought almost 4 years ago and didn't have this issue until after the upgrade. The mousepad becomes completely unresponsive
    after using the keyboard. I have to wait a few seconds before being able to use it again. I've seen that others are having issues with their wireless/USB devices, but this issue is with the actual hardware.

miiss.v, Jul 15, 2019
  4. LuisBarba Win User

keyboard and mousepad

freezing mousepad/touchpad

hello, i've been having an issue with my touchpad/mousepad. i recently upgraded to windows 10, and ever since whenever i use the keyboard, just by touching any key the mousepad will freeze and remain inactive for about 5 seconds.

Hp pavilon.

LuisBarba, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

keyboard and mousepad

1. keyboard and mousepad - Similar Threads - keyboard mousepad

2. keyboard problem where it is not responding while clicking any key mousepad and bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard problem where it is not responding while clicking any key mousepad and bluetooth...: Is there any possible solution to fix it or troubleshoot it to get where the problem is located? I have use lenovo vantage to scan and it has no problem, so I am wondering why. Solution used:1. Try to update keyboard driver2. Try to reinstall keyboard driver3. Advanced...
  3. keyboard problem where it is not responding while clicking any key mousepad and bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard problem where it is not responding while clicking any key mousepad and bluetooth...: Is there any possible solution to fix it or troubleshoot it to get where the problem is located? I have use lenovo vantage to scan and it has no problem, so I am wondering why. Solution used:1. Try to update keyboard driver2. Try to reinstall keyboard driver3. Advanced...
  4. Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.: I have windows 11. When I enter BIOS I can use the mouse and keyboard. Can't use them in safe mode. External mouse and keyboard also don't work. I already restored to last point and that didn't solve the issue. Any other things I can try?...
  5. Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.

Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.: I have windows 11. When I enter BIOS I can use the mouse and keyboard. Can't use them in safe mode. External mouse and keyboard also don't work. I already restored to last point and that didn't solve the issue. Any other things I can try?...
  6. Surface laptop 2 randomly shuts off device’s screen keyboard and mousepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 2 randomly shuts off device’s screen keyboard and mousepad: My surface laptop 2 randomly shuts down the screen, keyboard and mousepad. So basically everything does not work, while the laptop stays active e.g. I hear a video continue playing After some seconds to a minute everything works again, however, everything shuts off again...
  7. Surface laptop 2 randomly shuts off device’s screen keyboard and mousepad

Surface laptop 2 randomly shuts off device’s screen keyboard and mousepad: My surface laptop 2 randomly shuts down the screen, keyboard and mousepad. So basically everything does not work, while the laptop stays active e.g. I hear a video continue playing After some seconds to a minute everything works again, however, everything shuts off again...
  8. Windows update has made keyboard and mousepad and therefore laptop unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update has made keyboard and mousepad and therefore laptop unusable: The Windows update updated on 4/13/22 has caused havoc on both my and my wife's HP Pavilion laptops. After hours of updating, the home screen now appears but my keyboard and mousepad do not function. I have plugged a wireless mouse into the computer and it works - but I still...
  9. Windows update has made keyboard and mousepad and therefore laptop unusable

Windows update has made keyboard and mousepad and therefore laptop unusable: The Windows update updated on 4/13/22 has caused havoc on both my and my wife's HP Pavilion laptops. After hours of updating, the home screen now appears but my keyboard and mousepad do not function. I have plugged a wireless mouse into the computer and it works - but I still...
  10. Laggy mousepad after using keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laggy mousepad after using keyboard: If you try to move the cursor with the touchpad within a second or two of typing something, the cursor will not respond to the trackpad and will not move. Has anyone been able to solve this? Touchpad/mouse comes up as "HID-Compitable mouse", driver 10.0.19041.1. No synaptics...