Windows 10: keyboard and mousepad

Discus and support keyboard and mousepad in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Lenovo yogi laptop. From the end of June 2019, I found the cursor would suddenly disappear, and the keyboard and mousepad would cease to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jerri7Stars, Jul 15, 2019.

1. keyboard and mousepad

Hi,

I have a Lenovo yogi laptop. From the end of June 2019, I found the cursor would suddenly disappear, and the keyboard and mousepad would cease to work, the touch screen did. A restart did not resolve the problem, but shutting the laptop down and starting up, did. However, within a few minutes the same action would occur. I eventually decided to restore to factory setting, allowing the updates to commence. (NB lost a program to this as the company doesn't exist any more and the program will not register)

The laptop worked fine until the final updates were installed. …..and again the touch screen works but the mouse and keyboard stop working. Any suggestions.

NB I have found the new 'helpful style' windows 10, not. Oh, for the times when you turn off updates and mess with setting!

:)

Jerri7Stars, Jul 15, 2019

2. Mousepad not working after windows 10

Hi Bon,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I’m sorry to know that Mouse pad is not working after upgrading to Windows 10. Don't worry, I'll be happy to assist you with this.

Method 1:
    Run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices
      option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install mouse pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1:
    Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + W” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the mousepad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2: Download the latest mousepad drivers for Windows 10 from manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jul 15, 2019
  3. miiss.v Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade- Laptop Keyboard/Mousepad Lag

Since upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, there is a lag between using my laptop keyboard and mousepad. I have an HP laptop that I bought almost 4 years ago and didn't have this issue until after the upgrade. The mousepad becomes completely unresponsive
    after using the keyboard. I have to wait a few seconds before being able to use it again. I've seen that others are having issues with their wireless/USB devices, but this issue is with the actual hardware.

miiss.v, Jul 15, 2019
  4. LuisBarba Win User

keyboard and mousepad

freezing mousepad/touchpad

hello, i've been having an issue with my touchpad/mousepad. i recently upgraded to windows 10, and ever since whenever i use the keyboard, just by touching any key the mousepad will freeze and remain inactive for about 5 seconds.

Hp pavilon.

LuisBarba, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

keyboard and mousepad

1. keyboard and mousepad - Similar Threads - keyboard mousepad

2. Touch Keyboard: How do I get the keyboard shown on the login screen instead of the one...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touch Keyboard: How do I get the keyboard shown on the login screen instead of the one...: submitted by /u/destwd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l1wdxe/touch_keyboard_how_do_i_get_the_keyboard_shown_on/
  3. two keyboards four layouts

in Windows 10 Customization
    two keyboards four layouts: Why on earth do I have 4 keyboards when I've only setup 2 in the language preferences? No matter how many times I remove or add or alter a keyboard, it always shows ENG US, ENG UK, BG PHO and BG TRADITIONAL my 1st languge. Can I have the recipe to change this? I only need ENG...
  4. Keyboard problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard problems: Hello! I have a bit of a problem. I just bought a new pc running Windows 10. The problem mainly is when I play GTA Vlegally purchased verison, updateted my keyboard registers presses instead of hold until I push another button simultaniously. Could that be a driver issue or a...
  5. Keyboard scrammble

Keyboard scrammble: Help! My key board is messy! 1: @ and " had switched. 2:£ has added to shift 3 and shift three has replaced the last key of top row. 3. I don't know why sometimes type ¬. And more!...
  6. MS 5050 Keyboard Pause/Break Key

MS 5050 Keyboard Pause/Break Key: I'm trying to figure out what combination to use for a Pause/Break key on an MS 5050 or sculpt keyboard, or how to program a macro. I have read several articles on here and they are very unclear. We use an old school mainframe program and I need this key to clear data on my...
  7. Mouse and keyboard not working on bootup

Mouse and keyboard not working on bootup: I use a Logitech wireless USB keyboard and mouse combo. On booting up, they are not useable until some 20 seconds after Windows has loaded. This means I cannot press DEL to enter BIOS setup, F12 to select boot drive, select which operating system I would like, and so forth....
  8. Laggy mousepad after using keyboard

Laggy mousepad after using keyboard: If you try to move the cursor with the touchpad within a second or two of typing something, the cursor will not respond to the trackpad and will not move. Has anyone been able to solve this? Touchpad/mouse comes up as "HID-Compitable mouse", driver 10.0.19041.1. No synaptics...
  9. build-in keyboard + mousepad not working after sleep or shutdown

build-in keyboard + mousepad not working after sleep or shutdown: Hi, the built-in keyboard and mouse don't seem to work after sleep or shutdown. any other usb mouse / keyboard do work as well a my touchscreen. I only when I uninstall the "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" driver under the keyboard section in device manager it works again. there are...
  10. Need to stop Keyboard & Mousepad while laptop using in Tablet mode

Need to stop Keyboard & Mousepad while laptop using in Tablet mode: hi, My Laptop is Windows 10 RS4 1803 i want to stop automatically Keyboard Mouse while using in Tablet mode please help me on urgent basis Regards, suraj...