Windows 10: Keyboard and multiple devices in device manager

Discus and support Keyboard and multiple devices in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, everyone. I noticed a problem in my keyboard recently, but i'm not sure if it's really on the keyboard, and might be in the windows or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alstreim, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Alstreim Win User

Keyboard and multiple devices in device manager

Hello, everyone.

I noticed a problem in my keyboard recently, but i'm not sure if it's really on the keyboard, and might be in the windows or software related. The problem is that the keyboard randomly starts freezing, it's hard to explain with words, basically the keys do not operate in the way they should, i notice this problem usually when i'm playing games, where my "W" that should move my character forward continuously. does not, instead of doing what it's supposed to do my character goes forward while freezing along the way. When i unplug, and plug it again on the USB port, even on a different one, the keybord start to operate normally again, but randomly shows this problem from time to time. It's not only with the "W" key, was just an example.

I noticed something yesterday, i don't if it's supposed to be that way, and i can't find any information about, it's that on device manager it shows multiple devices on the keyboard section, when the device is connected, as it shows in the image below:

Keyboard and multiple devices in device manager [​IMG]

One more thing, is all of them looks like the same thing, but i'm not sure if they really are, image below:

Keyboard and multiple devices in device manager [​IMG]

If i uninstall all of them, except that one that i marked with purple, he is the 4th one in the first image, the keyboard still operates, i'm not sure if the problem is fixed by that, cause it does not happen all the time.

Now that i described everything, i want to ask 2 questions:

1) Showing these multiple devices is normal? Cause i plugged another keyboard, and it shows just 2 instead of 5, not sure but the 1st one in the first image is always there, even without not having any keyboard plugged. The other keyboard plugged, for tests, is just a normal one, and the one that i'm using and showing the "problem" is a Multilaser Warrior TC196. I've also plugged my keyboard into another computer, and he creates instantly all 4 devices (I'm excluding the first one that is always there for some reason).

2) If it's not, there's anyway that i can uninstall all those 4 others, except the one marked with purple, without allowing the windows to reinstall them after reset? I don't really know if this "multiple devices" is the problem, but i guess i could test uninstalling all of them, except the one that i mentioned and preventing the windows from reinstalling them somehow.

And if anyone has any another suggestion, already experienced this problem or similar, feel free to drop the suggestion here.

Thanks in advance

:)

Alstreim, Nov 7, 2016

2. How do I disable my keyboard?

My laptop was damaged and my keyboard no longer works. The external keyboard I purchased works perfectly buy the old one continues to act up. Multiple times CTRL is being held down. I need to disable the on board keyboard. Going into device manager does
    not work. The only option there is to uninstall the keyboard and that does not work even after restart and multiple attempts.

RyanDAlessandro, Nov 7, 2016
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

It is possible that your Imaging Devices may be missing can be due to outdated drivers. For us to assist you further, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried uninstalling then reinstall your webcam?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Nov 7, 2016
  4. Keyboard and multiple devices in device manager

It is normal u have a multymedia keyboard.
    Mine has 5 hid.

If u have problems with keys u should try to lower polling rate . Mine fore example stucks when i play bf4 with 1000 poll rating. Now i have it 125 and i can play all the games.
    For me the switch to lower the polling rate is fn+Q

boombastik, Nov 25, 2016
  5. Alstreim Win User
    I tried to find a way to do this, but it seems that my keyboard doesn't have an option to do this, my mouse have a software that allows me to do, but my keyboard does not have.

Well, my Keyboard is still have assurance, so i will ask for another, if i'm luck i can even get other different product.

Alstreim, Nov 25, 2016
  6. What is the model for your keyboard?

boombastik, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard and multiple devices in device manager

1. Keyboard and multiple devices in device manager - Similar Threads - Keyboard multiple devices

2. Device Manager listed devices multiple times?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device Manager listed devices multiple times?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ecco_exo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/15y7lse/device_manager_listed_devices_multiple_times/
  3. How to disable a device in Device Manager on multiple computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable a device in Device Manager on multiple computers.: Hi!I need to disable a device in over 300 laptops in Device Manager, but I know there has to be better to disable it rather than going to all of them and physically touching it.Can this be done in Endpoint Manager? Maybe a PowerShell script? Any help would be greatly...
  4. How to disable a device in Device Manager on multiple computers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable a device in Device Manager on multiple computers.: Hi!I need to disable a device in over 300 laptops in Device Manager, but I know there has to be better to disable it rather than going to all of them and physically touching it.Can this be done in Endpoint Manager? Maybe a PowerShell script? Any help would be greatly...
  5. How to disable a device in Device Manager on multiple computers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Multiple processors are shown in the Device Manager

Multiple processors are shown in the Device Manager: Hello,I am troubleshooting my computer, and I see that I have multiple processors shown in the Device Manager, is it anything serious?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-processors-are-shown-in-the-device/247c5016-117c-42e9-9b71-6d62c7b470ef
  7. Multiple keyboards in Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple keyboards in Device Manager.: I currently have 8 HID Keyboard Devices under the keyboards tab in Device Manager on my Gateway Laptop and recently when I press 1, it comes out as 12, press 2 comes out 12, press S comes out AS, press A comes out AS etc. Today the A and S where just being pressed without...
  8. Multiple keyboards in Device Manager.

Multiple keyboards in Device Manager.: I currently have 8 HID Keyboard Devices under the keyboards tab in Device Manager on my Gateway Laptop and recently when I press 1, it comes out as 12, press 2 comes out 12, press S comes out AS, press A comes out AS etc. Today the A and S where just being pressed without...
  9. Device Manager has devices repeated multiple times?

Device Manager has devices repeated multiple times?: Hello! I had this problem before, and formatted my computer to try to start fresh and fix it. Unfortunately, Windows 10 has still decided it needs to install drivers for everything. Again. And again. And again. Its like a hydra, I remove them and 10 more pop up....
  10. Multiple entries in Device Manager

Multiple entries in Device Manager: Hello. I have installed Win10 on an old Toshiba Satellite laptop (model A100-497) and I've got this. There are multiple instances in Device Manager mostly with error 12 (not enough resources). [img] Any ideas on how to fix this? Tried looking for a BIOS...