Windows 10: Keyboard and On screen keyboard not functioning (huge problem)

Discus and support Keyboard and On screen keyboard not functioning (huge problem) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 2 days ago my pc casually started to lag spike for 1 second every 5 seconds and then my keyboard couldnt type in settings bar but can type in for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by darkjohn, Aug 22, 2019.

1. darkjohn Win User

Keyboard and On screen keyboard not functioning (huge problem)

2 days ago my pc casually started to lag spike for 1 second every 5 seconds and then my keyboard couldnt type in settings bar but can type in for example google chrom bar, in game chat, apps such as steam chat, discord etc but not windows microsoft related bars where I cant type in.
    I got really annoyed with that and decided to hard reset pc entirely to fix lag and keyboard not typing (I dont care about the files etc they're not important to me} and after it finished in the morning I was casually setting up windows the language etc and then I got to the stage where I have to type my microsoft account. But thats where the problem started. My keyboard still didnt function to those types of things! I got really scarred that im stuck here forever. I was searching for fixing the keyboard on the internet but no one has an issue where on screen keyboard doesnt work for them but I do! I have no way to type anything. I dig through some stuff and I managed to get to the place where theres a profile named "defaultuser0" I've researched this and found out that he doesnt really have a password but theres a way to make him a password or delete the user. But when I was about to get there it said that my windows version is not correct and I couldnt set the password because im at the stage to set up windows. I shouldve fixed my keyboard issue before reseting I didnt know it still wouldnt work. Im so lost now please someone help me. I have tried another keyboard it also doesnt work on certain things and does on the things my first keyboard can. switched usb ports all over again and didnt work. When I got in safe mode in a profile I reinstalled and uninstalled keyboard devices (all of them) and still didnt know. Im just so lost and stuck. I just need my keyboard to work and thats it problem would be soo fixed.

:)

darkjohn, Aug 22, 2019

2. Intermittent keyboard non-functioning

I use a wireless mouse and keyboard. Every now and then, often enough to be irritating, the keyboard fails to function: the mouse works properly. The keyboard problem persists for a few minutes, after which it works again. There is no discernable pattern to this problem.

This is the third wireless keyboard to show the same problem, suggesting something is wrong elsewhere.

The keyboard batteries are not responsible for the failure.

On the same desk is a cordless telephone.

Any helpful suggestions would be very gratefully received.

ralphholmes, Aug 22, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    want to use manual keyboard----not on screen keyboard

Hi,

The On-Screen Keyboard is an application which provides a visual keyboard on your screen that can be used in place of a physical keyboard. To better assist you and provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is your physical keyboard not functioning?
    • Have you tried turning off the On-Screen Keyboard?

To turn off the On-Screen Keyboard, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • On the left panel, click on Keyboard.
    • Under On-Screen Keyboard, make sure it is set to Off.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Keyboard and On screen keyboard not functioning (huge problem)

Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard and On screen keyboard not functioning (huge problem)

1. Keyboard and On screen keyboard not functioning (huge problem) - Similar Threads - Keyboard screen keyboard

2. Huge input delay on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge input delay on keyboard: This happens mostly when I'm playing games, but sometimes when I press the keys it would take a few seconds to actually respond and whenever I let go of them, them still continue the action after a couple seconds. I've tried reinstalling the keyboard, which worked once but...
  3. Keyboard Key Function Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Key Function Problem: Hello. My HP Envy x360 Laptop with Windows has a keyboard issue. Suddenly, the key with a hyphen and underscore just stopped working. Only that one key does not function. It does nothing when clicked on. Does anyone know a fix? Thank you....
  4. Keyboard Key Function Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Key Function Problem: Hello. My HP Envy x360 Laptop with Windows has a keyboard issue. Suddenly, the key with a hyphen and underscore just stopped working. Only that one key does not function. It does nothing when clicked on. Does anyone know a fix? Thank you....
  5. Keyboard Key Function Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Keyboard and On-Screen keyboard problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and On-Screen keyboard problem: Hey,So I'm using Logitech G815 keyboard with scandinavian keyboard layout so it has those special keys ö, ä and å. I recently noticed that key next L on right side which is ö, stopped functioning correctly. When I press key normally it doesn't appear, but when I hold it down,...
  7. Keyboard and On-Screen keyboard problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and On-Screen keyboard problem: Hey,So I'm using Logitech G815 keyboard with scandinavian keyboard layout so it has those special keys ö, ä and å. I recently noticed that key next L on right side which is ö, stopped functioning correctly. When I press key normally it doesn't appear, but when I hold it down,...
  8. Keyboard is not functioning.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard is not functioning.: All my keys somehow got mapped to shortcuts? Like K opens connect, W opens whiteboard, d closes things. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/cailloubean [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljivxt/keyboard_is_not_functioning/
  9. Keyboard function and escape keys problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard function and escape keys problem: Good day, my ESC, F1, F2, F3 and F4 keys are typing/doing numpad actions whenever I press them. Like when I press the "ESC" key, it keys in the number "1" from and whenever I press "F2" it keys in the number "2" and so on up until the F4 key. Is this a bug on Microsoft or...
  10. Keyboard and functions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard and functions: The keyboard does not write in Windows 10, Text Services Framework is not running, please give me all available methods, thank you very much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-functions/dbf385ca-801f-4c2a-8efa-7f8bc99b5df3