Windows 10: Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working

Discus and support Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Everyone. Since couple of weeks I have been having trouble with my keyboard however yesterday it stopped working completley. After i restarted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aggie87, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Aggie87 Win User

Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working

Hi Everyone.

Since couple of weeks I have been having trouble with my keyboard however yesterday it stopped working completley. After i restarted my laptop multiple times both keyboard and on screen keyboard do not work. On screen keyboard doesnt even come upBecause of that i cant turn my computer in safe mode as f8 button doesnt work and i cant log in into my windows. I now started to think that this has been all along virus messing up slowly with my keyboard but i thought it was my laptop getting old as i have had it for 5 years. I have some valuable pictures on my laptop but as i cant get in will i be able to reciver there? Thanks everyone.

:)

Aggie87, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 21, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    want to use manual keyboard----not on screen keyboard

Hi,

The On-Screen Keyboard is an application which provides a visual keyboard on your screen that can be used in place of a physical keyboard. To better assist you and provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is your physical keyboard not functioning?
    • Have you tried turning off the On-Screen Keyboard?

To turn off the On-Screen Keyboard, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • On the left panel, click on Keyboard.
    • Under On-Screen Keyboard, make sure it is set to Off.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Nov 21, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

On screen Keyboard

Hi,

To quickly access the On-screen Keyboard (OSK) without going to Settings, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Make sure that the "Show touch keyboard button" is enabled.
    • Touch keyboard icon will appear on the notification area.
    • Click on it to launch the On-Screen Keyboard.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working - Similar Threads - Keyboard screen keyboard

2. On-Screen Keyboard Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    On-Screen Keyboard Not Working: Hello, For years the On-Screen Keyboard worked fine, then suddenly it stopped appearing at the Sign-In Screen where I enter my password to log in to Windows, one place where I need it most.It appears on the Lock Screen before that and in Windows after that, but not on the...
  3. On-Screen Keyboard Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On-Screen Keyboard Not Working: Hello, For years the On-Screen Keyboard worked fine, then suddenly it stopped appearing at the Sign-In Screen where I enter my password to log in to Windows, one place where I need it most.It appears on the Lock Screen before that and in Windows after that, but not on the...
  4. On-Screen Keyboard Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard and On screen keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and On screen keyboard not working: HiI uninstalled the keyboard drive by mistake and restarted the pc. I’m not able to login windows 10 since the keyboard and the On screen keyboard both not working. Kindly help.ThanksSeetha...
  6. Keyboard and On screen keyboard not working

Keyboard and On screen keyboard not working: HiI uninstalled the keyboard drive by mistake and restarted the pc. I’m not able to login windows 10 since the keyboard and the On screen keyboard both not working. Kindly help.ThanksSeetha...
  7. Keyboard and On screen keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working on lock screen: I cant log into my laptop the number keys works but nothing else does i cant type on the onscreen keyboard not on my physical laptop keyboard it was fine the night bfr but when i turned it on this morning the keyboard stopped working and i cant turn log into my laptop through...
  9. keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working on lock screen

keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working on lock screen: I cant log into my laptop the number keys works but nothing else does i cant type on the onscreen keyboard not on my physical laptop keyboard it was fine the night bfr but when i turned it on this morning the keyboard stopped working and i cant turn log into my laptop through...
  10. Keyboard and On-Screen Keyboard not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and On-Screen Keyboard not working properly: I havent updated my laptop my since decemeber because I was not able to use due to my original charger not working anymore. So I ordered a new charger, it was not the same with may first one but it was compatible. So last week, I was able to use my laptop but after days I...