Windows 10: Keyboard and touch pad not working after using as tablet mode

Discus and support Keyboard and touch pad not working after using as tablet mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a toshiba convertible laptop, I was using it in both laptop mode and tablet mode. Suddenly after converting from tablet mode to laptop mode the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kckckc, Jan 11, 2017.

1. kckckc Win User

Keyboard and touch pad not working after using as tablet mode

I have a toshiba convertible laptop, I was using it in both laptop mode and tablet mode. Suddenly after converting from tablet mode to laptop mode the keyboard and touch pad stopped working in windows. The keyboard is functional and working in bios I am able to change the options in bios but when it comes to windows only the function keys are working to change the system settings. The touch pad is also having the same issue.

:)

kckckc, Jan 11, 2017
  2. Trybird Win User

Touch screen of my tablet no any responses to any touches when using desktop mode in Windows 10 !

In the latest version V1703 of Windows 10,

when using tablet mode, all are OK, namely any touches by any fingers are working properly;

but when using desktop mode, start from sign-in, in anywhere, use anyway, no any responses to any touches by any fingers!

I set "When I sign in [Use tablet mode]", then reboot, touches work, then I set "When I sign in [Use desktop mode]", then reboot, touches work, but if I shutdown, wait a moment then freshly boot, touches do not work! so crazy!

Attach the related settings of my tablet's system as below:

Settings --> System --> Tablet mode

When I sign in

[Use desktop mode]

When this device automatically switches tablet mode on or off

[Always ask me before switching]

Hide app icons on the taskbar in tablet mode

( On)

Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode

(Off )

Settings --> Devices --> Typing

Touch keyboard

Play key sounds as I type

( On)

Capitalize the first letter of each sentence

( On)

Use all uppercase letters when I double-tap Shift

( On)

Add the standard keyboard layout as a touch keyboard option

( On)

Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached

( On)

I love using desktop mode, please help me!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Trybird, Jan 11, 2017
  3. Ovr40Gamr Win User
    screen will not zoom with fingers after latest windows 10 update

Can only zoom by using the pad on surface book after doing fall creators update. Fingers on screen won't work. Won't work even when keyboard is detached on tablet mode.

Ovr40Gamr, Jan 11, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Sounds like a driver issue or accessibility that the touch on-screen keyboard got screwed up. Can you get to a restore point by using a USB keyboard and mouse with it? Toshiba has their own drivers for the Synaptics Touchpad, same as their Function keys. I always went with non-UEFI on the Toshiba laptop my wife has. Always had issues with Toshiba's drivers and UEFI mode.

The only other thing is maybe roll back to a System Restore point before this occurred. Also do you make a regular system backup for the unit?

bro67, Jan 11, 2017
Thema:

1. Keyboard and touch pad not working after using as tablet mode - Similar Threads - Keyboard touch pad

2. Keyboard, touch pad and onscreen keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard, touch pad and onscreen keyboard stopped working: My hp pavilion 360 convertible keyboard stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled windows 10, then the touchpad and onscreen keyboard stopped working too. I cannot type at all. Help!!!...
  3. Keyboard, touch pad and onscreen keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard, touch pad and onscreen keyboard stopped working: My hp pavilion 360 convertible keyboard stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled windows 10, then the touchpad and onscreen keyboard stopped working too. I cannot type at all. Help!!!...
  4. Keyboard, touch pad and onscreen keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Tablet mode touch screen not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet mode touch screen not working: I wanted to try using tablet mode, so I went to Settings < System < Tabletand then clicked on Change Additional Tablet settings. Next, I turned on Tablet mode. Then I pressed one of the buttons on the taskbar. Nothing happened. How come the touch screen isn't working?...
  6. keyboard and touch pad quit working

keyboard and touch pad quit working: I have an HP laptop and cannot use my laptop keyboard or touchpad. I have an external keyboard and mouse that I am currently using to type this. I did an HP diagnostics and spoke to an agent. they say it is a microsoft 10 problem. How do I fix this?...
  7. Keyboard and Touch pad don't work

Keyboard and Touch pad don't work: I factory reset my laptop a couple of weeks ago. When I did, it updated my Windows 10 to a more current version. After this update I have been unable to use my keyboard and touchpad. When I go into the bios both still work, but once Windows boots they don't work again. I have...
  8. touch keyboard in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...
  9. laptop keyboard and touch pad is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop keyboard and touch pad is not working: After reinstalling windows 10,my laptop's keyboard and touch pad doesn't works after 2 or 3 days. But actually turns off by itself. We have done everything but all insane.Please help me!...
  10. Touch pad Not working after Update-

Touch pad Not working after Update-: My touch pad stopped working after the last Windows 10 Update. I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro. I tried updating/installing drivers. The mouse/touchpad doesn't show up under Device Manager, even when set to "Show hidden devices." I ran antivirus (malwarebytes and AVG) and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard is not working after using tablet mode

2. touchpad not working after tablet mode