Windows 10: Keyboard and TouchPad aren't working, text services framework not running error

Discus and support Keyboard and TouchPad aren't working, text services framework not running error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Asus transformer mini T103haf with detachable keyboard. My keyboard suddenly has been disabled, the keyboard and TouchPad don't work at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by simathr, May 13, 2020.

1. simathr Win User

Keyboard and TouchPad aren't working, text services framework not running error

Hi, I have a Asus transformer mini T103haf with detachable keyboard.

My keyboard suddenly has been disabled, the keyboard and TouchPad don't work at all. When I disconnect and reconnect the keyboard I hear the usual sound but still it's like there is no keyboard connected. There is no TouchPad in windows setting too.

I've tried updating and downloading the new drivers or even reinstalling it from device manager, but it wasn't helpful.

I even reset my laptop, nothing happened again.

The only thing I find in troubleshooting is "text services framework is not running" I can't do anything about it.

:)

simathr, May 13, 2020
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

text services framework not running

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model of your system?
    2. What is the issue you are facing with the detachable keyboard?
    3. Are you receiving any error code or error message?
    4. What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed?

The Text Services Framework is a COM framework and an API in the Windows operating systems, that supports advanced text input and text processing. Since the Text Services Framework is not running, I would suggest
    you to follow the steps below and check if it works for you.

1. Click on Start, type
      cmd, Right-click on it and select Run as administrator. This will open the
      Command Prompt for you.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter.
      Command: schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\TextServicesFramework\MsCtfMonitor" /Enable
    3. Next type the following command and press Enter.
      Command: schtasks /Run /TN "Microsoft\Windows\TextServicesFramework\MsCtfMonitor"
    4. Once both the commands have been executed successfully, please close the Command Prompt.
    5. Restart the system and check.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, May 13, 2020
  3. Text Services Framework isn't running

I troubleshooted my keyboard and I says Text Services Framework isn't running. What should I do to fix it?

YangFamily, May 13, 2020
  4. Keyboard and TouchPad aren't working, text services framework not running error

text services framework windows 10 not running

My Windows 10 computer gives me this error.

The major problem is that I can type on my keyboard in the search window, or in Edge. Keyboard works fine with Chrome.

I ran the keyboard troubleshooter and it gives me the error "text services framework windows 10 not running".

So how do I fix this problem?

The troubleshooter tells me what the problem is. But it doesn't help me solve it. A bit odd.

siliconmatrix, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard and TouchPad aren't working, text services framework not running error

1. Keyboard and TouchPad aren't working, text services framework not running error - Similar Threads - Keyboard TouchPad aren't

2. TEXT framework is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TEXT framework is not working: TEXT framework is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-framework-is-not-working/8874abaf-85d6-4dba-ad8b-74fa59f5edc8
  3. TEXT FRAMEWORK IS NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TEXT FRAMEWORK IS NOT WORKING: TEXT FRAMEWORK IS NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-framework-is-not-working/aa68b113-a91d-485f-a6c6-80554b901e14
  4. TEXT FRAMEWORK IS NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TEXT FRAMEWORK IS NOT WORKING: TEXT FRAMEWORK IS NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-framework-is-not-working/aa68b113-a91d-485f-a6c6-80554b901e14
  5. Keyboard not running, text service framework malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not running, text service framework malfunctioning: Hi all, My keyboard has not been running properly for quite some time now. Several of my key do not perform the correct function when pressed. However, the keys sometimes regain function upon boot. Problematic keys in particular are 2WSX. I have updated/uninstalled drivers,...
  6. Keyboard not running, text service framework malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not running, text service framework malfunctioning: Hi all, My keyboard has not been running properly for quite some time now. Several of my key do not perform the correct function when pressed. However, the keys sometimes regain function upon boot. Problematic keys in particular are 2WSX. I have updated/uninstalled drivers,...
  7. hp.laptop.hardware keyboard not working .text framework not running .help!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    hp.laptop.hardware keyboard not working .text framework not running .help!!: hp.laptop.hardware keyboard not working .text framework not running .help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hplaptophardware-keyboard-not-working-text/481acc88-2e58-4fb9-a293-1e8a1f18c095
  8. text service framework is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    text service framework is not working: when i type t it type as t5 when i type y it type as y6 when i type 4 it type as 46 when i type _ it type as {_ when i type - it type as [- when i press backspace it turn off laptops screen i have done following : troubleshooting of keyboard task scheduler ->...
  9. Text Services Framework is not Working

Text Services Framework is not Working: [ATTACH] I already uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard driver. I also updated and troubleshoot it. but everytime I look at the keyboard events it says that it was already updated but the events stated that it was deleted and the history was: Device...
  10. text services framework not running

text services framework not running: Had problems with my detachable keyboard for months and been unable to resolve it. I note 50 pages somewhere in Microsoft listing messages with this issue but all are now locked. Anything have any ideas bow to solve this? It's a real pain!!!...