Windows 10: Keyboard and Touchpad don"t disable in tablet mode

Discus and support Keyboard and Touchpad don"t disable in tablet mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I recently bought a hp 2 in 1 and when I put into tablet mode it doesn't"t disable the keyboard and trackpad automatically. This seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Joeface_M, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Keyboard and Touchpad don"t disable in tablet mode

Hey guys,

I recently bought a hp 2 in 1 and when I put into tablet mode it doesn't"t disable the keyboard and trackpad automatically. This seems to be a problem mainly with hp computers but I haven't been able to find a solution to this problem. I understand that there was a similar post 2 years ago but they weren't able to find a solution. If you have any information on how to fix this problem it would be much appreciated.

submitted by /u/Joeface_M
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Joeface_M, Aug 27, 2020

2. Disable Keyboard and Trackpad in Tablet Mode

This is very impractical!

Please redesign tablet mode to function in a manner that makes sense.

Touchpad and keyboard should be disabled automatically.

Justin N Waters, Aug 27, 2020
  3. D va Win User
    Disable Keyboard and Trackpad in Tablet Mode

The keyboard in Windows 10 has an automatic detector to disable the keyboard and the trackpad as soon as it becomes a 'tablet'. To access it go to the following menu items:

Control panel (NOT SETTINGS) -> Keyboard (use icons) -> Keyboard Lock -> Auto Lock the keyboard and touchpad (recommended)

You can use these settings to disable the keyboard in tablet mode

4. akduk Win User

Keyboard and Touchpad don"t disable in tablet mode

Tablet Mode Disables Keyboard and Touchpad

My Lenovo Yoga 920, a 2 in 1, doesn't automatically switch into tablet mode, or back into laptop mode. Also, it doesn't disable the keyboard or trackpad when in tablet mode, unless the screen is pushed all the way back. Pulling the screen back up from that
    point still keeps the trackpad and keyboard disabled, and the only way that I have found to re-enable the trackpad and keyboard is through restarting it.

I can turn on tablet mode on and back off again through the action center just fine. My tablet mode settings are set to "Don't ask me and always switch". Earlier today, my laptop didn't have the problem where the trackpad and keyboard would stay disabled
    even after pulling the screen back, but I updated Windows and restarted it, which added that problem.

Any help would be much appreciated!

akduk, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard and Touchpad don"t disable in tablet mode

1. Keyboard and Touchpad don"t disable in tablet mode - Similar Threads - Keyboard Touchpad dont

2. Acer Aspire 5 touchpad and keyboard not working stuck in tablet mode?:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Aspire 5 touchpad and keyboard not working stuck in tablet mode?:: This week I was studying on my acer aspire 5 when I noticed that when I had my screen flipped to tablet mode it wasn’t actually disabling the keyboard for whatever reason. I thought nothing of it until the next day when I turned on my laptop and realized neither my keyboard...
  3. Acer Aspire 5 touchpad and keyboard not working stuck in tablet mode?:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer Aspire 5 touchpad and keyboard not working stuck in tablet mode?:: This week I was studying on my acer aspire 5 when I noticed that when I had my screen flipped to tablet mode it wasn’t actually disabling the keyboard for whatever reason. I thought nothing of it until the next day when I turned on my laptop and realized neither my keyboard...
  4. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode: I have a Lenovo Yoga 530.My keyboard has not worked for a long while now in tablet mode - when I flip the screen to automatically go into tablet mode or activate tablet mode using the notification panel. The keyboard option is selected in the taskbar and the icon is visible....
  5. HP Spectre x360 - 15 (2019) Keyboard & touchpad don't disable in tablet mode; sync settings...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP Spectre x360 - 15 (2019) Keyboard & touchpad don't disable in tablet mode; sync settings...: submitted by /u/MazinLabib10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ita37n/hp_spectre_x360_15_2019_keyboard_touchpad_dont/
  6. Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode: I have an HP Envy X360. Until recently I could turn on the tablet on-screen keyboard while it was functioning as a laptop. This was really useful as I have arm injuries and sometimes I can barely type. The swipe function was great. Since I did a fresh install of windows this...
  7. Disabling Tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Tablet mode: My laptop is stack at Tablet mode. I can't use the start button and the calendar short cut. How can i disable tablet mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-tablet-mode/95f8945f-1cb2-4d20-afdb-51e1a9c910b1
  8. Disable automatic keyboard in tablet mode in Windows 10

Disable automatic keyboard in tablet mode in Windows 10: How can I stop the onscreen keyboard from popping up automatically when in tablet mode? Many simple navigation activities are triggering it when there's no need to type. Having it eat half of my screen significantly compromises usability. This seems like there should be a...
  9. Keyboard & Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Tablet Mode: My computer is an HP Spectre and I have two questions: 1) I'm trying get my keyboard to disable when I'm in tablet mode, because whenever I hit a key it messes up what I'm doing. How can I easily disable my keyboard without uninstalling it? 2) My keyboard makes sounds when...
  10. touch keyboard in tablet mode

touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to lock keyboard and touchpad when in tablet mode