Windows 10: Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire

Discus and support Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Looking for some assistance, if possible, after a recent update, problems occurred with the Windows search option on the lower tool bar which basically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by spaniel22, Sep 29, 2022.

1. spaniel22 Win User

Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire

Looking for some assistance, if possible, after a recent update, problems occurred with the Windows search option on the lower tool bar which basically opened then reverted to a black screen before vanishing. Typing in the search box was possible initially then this also stopped. When opening the laptop the following day the search facility was now working but the keyboard and touchpad mouse are completely dead. I have tried refreshing and reinstalling the drivers for both without any success. Could you please advise me how to get both reinstated currently using Windows 10

:)

spaniel22, Sep 29, 2022
  2. LuizScruz Win User

Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update (Acer Aspire)

Hello spaniel22, welcome to the Microsoft community, I'll be happy to help you today;

I understand that after a Windows update your Acer PC's Touchpad stopped working;

Initially I recommend that you try the following;

Access Device Manager;

Click (>) Mice and other painting devices to expand the session;

Right-click on the mouse device and select the Uninstall device option;

Repeat this process on all devices listed in the session (>) Mice and other painting devices;

Do the same in the (>) Keyboards session;

After uninstalling the devices, restart the PC and check if the touchpad works normally again;

Hope this helps, see you soon!

LuizScruz, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Touchpad on Acer Aspire

I have an Acer Aspire laptop model E1-531-2453 and I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and my scroll on my touchpad stopped working and now nothing on my touch pad works. Any Ideas?

CharityFraser-McGlashon, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Rohn007 Win User

ACER ASPIRE TOUCHPAD

Check this list to find ACER and see if they list your computer as ready for the Creators update: Redirecting
    you should also contact Acer to find out if they have a suggested fix for this problem. You may have to install a slightly older driver.

Rohn007, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire - Similar Threads - Keyboard touchpad malfunction

2. Acer Aspire 5 touchpad and keyboard not working stuck in tablet mode?:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Aspire 5 touchpad and keyboard not working stuck in tablet mode?:: This week I was studying on my acer aspire 5 when I noticed that when I had my screen flipped to tablet mode it wasn’t actually disabling the keyboard for whatever reason. I thought nothing of it until the next day when I turned on my laptop and realized neither my keyboard...
  3. Acer Aspire 5 touchpad and keyboard not working stuck in tablet mode?:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer Aspire 5 touchpad and keyboard not working stuck in tablet mode?:: This week I was studying on my acer aspire 5 when I noticed that when I had my screen flipped to tablet mode it wasn’t actually disabling the keyboard for whatever reason. I thought nothing of it until the next day when I turned on my laptop and realized neither my keyboard...
  4. Acer aspire a517-52 - Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer aspire a517-52 - Touchpad: i got an Acer aspire a517-52 new laptop, windows 11 home version 21H2, my touchpad hasn't working from Day 1, i have tried everything that i found On-Line to solve this problem and didn't succeed. before i will returns the laptop to the store - is there a possible fix to this...
  5. Acer aspire a517-52 - Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer aspire a517-52 - Touchpad: i got an Acer aspire a517-52 new laptop, windows 11 home version 21H2, my touchpad hasn't working from Day 1, i have tried everything that i found On-Line to solve this problem and didn't succeed. before i will returns the laptop to the store - is there a possible fix to this...
  6. Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire: Looking for some assistance, if possible, after a recent update, problems occurred with the Windows search option on the lower tool bar which basically opened then reverted to a black screen before vanishing. Typing in the search box was possible initially then this also...
  7. Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire: Looking for some assistance, if possible, after a recent update, problems occurred with the Windows search option on the lower tool bar which basically opened then reverted to a black screen before vanishing. Typing in the search box was possible initially then this also...
  8. KEYBOARD LAYOUT OF ACER ASPIRE 5

in Windows 10 Customization
    KEYBOARD LAYOUT OF ACER ASPIRE 5: New laptop, Acer Aspire5 keyboard has keys that have more than one character, how do I access the character I want to use...cannot use question mark key because it selects french version of letter E with accent mark....
  9. Acer Aspire 4752G Touchpad not working

Acer Aspire 4752G Touchpad not working: my touchpad cant be detected, the synaptic p/s 2 driver at device manager is not working. saw this info message. not sure if this is due to ffc cable problem? because the ffc cable seems a bit worn out. Device ACPI\SYN1B45\4&21eaa156&0 had a problem starting. Driver...
  10. Touchpad not working in acer aspire E 15

Touchpad not working in acer aspire E 15: After the technician uninstall intel graphics, insert his usb mouse, flash drive and hard drive my touchpad stop. Then, before he upgraded it to windows 10, the touchpad was not working and when he upgraded it it does't change anything. I don't know what is the possible cause...