Windows 10: Keyboard and TouchPad not responding/working.

Discus and support Keyboard and TouchPad not responding/working. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey. 1For past few days my laptop is acting crazy. In the keyboard if I type any of these keys z c x v m , . Shift enter beside these keys *... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FrozenOk, Aug 7, 2020.

1. FrozenOk Win User

Keyboard and TouchPad not responding/working.

Hey.

1For past few days my laptop is acting crazy.

In the keyboard if I type any of these keys z c x v m , . Shift enter beside these keys * is typed on its own and is typing continuously until I stop it by typing any another key.

2And also in between working for some time the touch Pad is not responding for selecting or clicking to the screen. While this is happening I am able to scroll the cursor in the screen, its just not selecting anything nor clicking on anything.

3And also the whole laptop is lagging a lot.

I have tried running virus scans, tried un-installing and reinstalling the keyboard software. I restated the laptop a million times, I have updated all the apps and necessary things. In short the laptop is up to date.

4And also all of a sudden a white patch is showing in my laptop screen. And I think it's getting bigger day by day.

Can anyone help ?

:)

FrozenOk, Aug 7, 2020

2. Notebook keyboard, touchpad, and mouse fails to respond

Ever since I have taken this Dell notebook out of the box or not long after that, it has been giving me trouble with the keyboard, touchpad, and mouse. When I go to wake the computer from sleep or even turning it on after a night's rest, the keyboard, mouse, and touchpad do not respond to the computer. The cursor (if I am typing something) and the mouse pointer freezes up and it makes the computer not usable until it responds. The keyboard also has a backlit caps lock key. When this happens, the light on the caps lock key does not light up. I have ran tests on it from Dell and the program (Dell Support Assist) says that everything passed and there is nothing wrong. There is something wrong. A brand new computer from the factory should not be doing this. The notebook is a Dell Inspiron 15-3552. I don't have it listed in my specs yet.

Help is appreciated!

Thanks! Keyboard  and TouchPad not responding/working. :)

Jesse Williams, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Ticked Win User
    laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Ronalzhe Win User

Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working on windows 10. Please help

Hi Caledon, thanks for your reply. I can't really remove the battery since it is an ultrabook. Maybe I can try to drain the battery?

The external mouse is working in advanced startup options. However, I can't do a system restore since I can't use the keyboard to type in my account password. I also can't go to safe mode because Keyboard is not responding. Ease of access icon only appears on the login screen, but both touchpad and mouse are not working, so couldn't click it.

I will borrow an external keyboard and mouse from a friend tomorrow to see if they will work. Please help me if you have other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Ronalzhe, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard and TouchPad not responding/working. - Similar Threads - Keyboard TouchPad responding

2. Keyboard and Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Touchpad not working: HID compliant keyboard and touchpad drivers disappeared on surface book 2 running windows 10 pro. I tried updating drivers, then uninstalling and rebooting system and they never came back. Keyboard LED lights up, FN button lights up, detach button works. Touchpad and regular...
  3. Keyboard and Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Touchpad not working: HID compliant keyboard and touchpad drivers disappeared on surface book 2 running windows 10 pro. I tried updating drivers, then uninstalling and rebooting system and they never came back. Keyboard LED lights up, FN button lights up, detach button works. Touchpad and regular...
  4. Keyboard and Touchpad Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Touchpad Not Working: Hey Guys,Since today morning, the onboard Input Devices keyboard and touchpad have stopped working on my MSI Stealth M15 A11UEKV. This happened unexpectedly upon booting the computer while plugged in after its battery had been completely drained. It seems to be some sort of...
  5. Keyboard and Touchpad Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Touchpad Not Working: Hey Guys,Since today morning, the onboard Input Devices keyboard and touchpad have stopped working on my MSI Stealth M15 A11UEKV. This happened unexpectedly upon booting the computer while plugged in after its battery had been completely drained. It seems to be some sort of...
  6. Keyboard and touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and touchpad not working: Whenever I turn on my pc I dont find my keyboard or touchpad working. Can somebody give me an answer Thank you if you find out how to fix this problem. I appreciate you if you found out....
  7. keyboard and touchpad not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard and touchpad not working: First the touchpad stopped working. Second the keyboard stopped working on my HP 15. What can I do to restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-touchpad-not-working/5aae032a-d14d-4d53-a3d0-5aed18351054
  8. Keyboard and Touchpad not working.

Keyboard and Touchpad not working.: I am currently typing through on-screen keyboard, so please bear with me. Yesterday, two finger scroll didn't work so I searched for possible fixes. First method I tried suggested thst I uninstall the device, then reinstall i have tried this method with other device and it...
  9. Keyboard and touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard and touchpad not working: My keyboard and touchpad have stopped working and my Surface pro is only functioning as a tablet. How can I toggle or switch it back to the keyboard/touchpad hardware? I've removed and reattached the keyboard with no luck....
  10. Keyboard AND Touchpad not Working

Keyboard AND Touchpad not Working: A few days ago, while I was just surfing on firefox, I lost keyboard and touchpad functionality on my Lenovo Z575 Ideapad. Initially, I thought the computer froze so I shut it down hard way. When I restarted the laptop, I still had no keyboard or touchpad functionailty....