Windows 10: Keyboard and touchpad stopped working a few days after windows 10 update!

Discus and support Keyboard and touchpad stopped working a few days after windows 10 update! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having a weird problem with my laptop. It's keyboard and touchpad stooped working a few days after windows 10 upgrade. I have tried so many thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HannaBrh, Jan 4, 2019.

1. HannaBrh Win User

Keyboard and touchpad stopped working a few days after windows 10 update!

I am having a weird problem with my laptop. It's keyboard and touchpad stooped working a few days after windows 10 upgrade.

I have tried so many thing to resolve the issue! I restarted several times.

I tried log in in safe mode. didn't work.

I updated the drivers.

uninstall and install drivers again.

I used the options in Recovery in setting, I first went back to previous version of windows 10, the touchpad start working but not the keyboard!

Finally, I just thought the last solution which was Reset this PC in the Recovery.

I did that (remove all my files option) and still neither keyboard nor touchpad is working!

I am really frustrated and clueless of what to do?

Please please help me get out of this

Thanks

:)

HannaBrh, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Geschi Win User

Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly

This has happened a lot since my upgrade to Windows 10, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Seemingly randomly, my keyboard will stop responding to what I type, and my touchpad completely stops as well (no, I did not accidentally click to disable it). These problems will never resolve themselves on their own, but as soon as I reset the computer everything works again - to me, that sounded like a driver crash, but nope! I checked the driver menu and it told me everything was running just fine. What's even more strange is that I have the backlight keyboard enabled so that when I type, it lights up. And strangely, the keys still light up when I press them, so I know it's registering my typing SOME how.

You would also think that this would be a software problem since it fixes immediately upon reset, but I've noticed that this issue seems to crop up a lot right after I have moved my computer... I'm lost and I've scoured the internet for clues, but no one else seems to have this problem. Please help!

In order to possibly do testing on what is causing this (via suggestions hopefully, I've tried everything I can think of) I am purposely not resetting my computer (thankfully this is a touch screen, but this on-screen keyboard typing is obnoxious). Currently, both keyboard and touchpad don't work, but a usb mouse I use does (the computer is also set so that using the usb mouse does not disable the touchpad).

Geschi, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Touchpad stopped working

Hi Elizabeth,

We would like to ask some questions for clarification to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done on your end?
    • Have you tried running the Windows Update Troubleshooter? If no, kindly check this

link
      to download the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
    We also suggest that you check the article below as a guide on how to fix touchpad problems in Windows 10.

Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10.

We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Keyboard stops responding since last Windows update

Hi,

The latest update may have caused an altered setting in your keyboard configuration.
    Let us run the troubleshooter for Windows 10 keyboard to determine the cause of the issue and fix it.

Kindly follow the steps below:

• Select
      Start
      (Windows logo on the lower left corner of your screen).
    • Click
      Settings.
    • Click
      on Update & security
    • Choose
      Troubleshoot.
    • Under the
      Troubleshoot page, click on
      Keyboard, Find and fix problems with your computer's keyboard.
    • Then click on
      Run the troubleshooter.
    • Kindly check your basic keyboard functions (without the game on) and see if the issue was fixed.

If the issue persists you may also follow the steps under Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.

If the above steps will not work, kindly get back to us with
    current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer.

To know these details, follow the steps below:

• Select the
      Start
      button.

• Type
      About your PC.
    • Press
      Enter
      to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know what happens after doing the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Rey Cam, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Keyboard and touchpad stopped working a few days after windows 10 update! - Similar Threads - Keyboard touchpad stopped

2. My keyboard and touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard and touchpad stopped working: I have a Lenovo g570 from 2012 I had to hit someone with it the other day the keyboard still works in the bios but no in windows and recommendations...
  3. Touchpad and Keyboard not working after windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad and Keyboard not working after windows 10 update?: What does it mean when it says that my keyboard migrated? I have no idea what happened to my keyboard and touchpad. Any help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-and-keyboard-not-working-after-windows-10/ae9d3cb3-995b-4f88-9cde-02cd3b9bd31b
  4. Touchpad and Keyboard not working after update

Touchpad and Keyboard not working after update: I need help with my HP envy x360 laptop, it seems that everytime there is an update my touchpad and keyboard stop working. Last time I had this issue I had to take it to a repair shop and they had to reset my whole computer and I lost all my files. This time I backed up my...
  5. Touchpad and keyboard stop working after sleep

Touchpad and keyboard stop working after sleep: My touchpad and keyboard stop working after being in sleep mode. Sometimes it works for a few seconds, but always stops. They only start working again if I force restart. This problem has persisted for months and through several Windows updates. All my drivers are up to...
  6. Keyboard and touchPad Stop working after windows load

Keyboard and touchPad Stop working after windows load: As soon as Windows login complete Touch Pad and Keyboard stop working Model: HP Pavilion 360 Windows 10 Troubleshooting tried Keyboard and touch Pad working well before Login Keyboard verified on startup after pressing Eec key on start ,keyboard works well...
  7. keyboard and touchpad stopped working after the kb40230057 update

keyboard and touchpad stopped working after the kb40230057 update: this morning i turn on my acer e15 laptop and both the keyboard and the touchpad are non-responsive. iused the on-screen keyboard to login and tried every possible fix and it still not working i checked the update history and could not locate the mentioned update to...
  8. Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly

Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly: This has happened a lot since my upgrade to Windows 10, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Seemingly randomly, my keyboard will stop responding to what I type, and my touchpad completely stops as well (no, I did not accidentally click to disable it). These problems...
  9. Laptop "freezes" and stops completely working after a few days

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop "freezes" and stops completely working after a few days: Hello, I have this rather old HP Pavilion laptop that I use for one thing only, and that is to feed aircraft data to a website called Flightradar24.com I've not installed many programs on this computer. Except for the data feed software provided by Flightradar24 I have...
  10. Keyboard button to disable touchpad stopped working after Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard button to disable touchpad stopped working after Windows 10: Forgive me if this is in the wrong area. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. It kept prompting me to upgrade to Windows 10, so I did so. Now the button that disables my touchpad (also the F5 button) is not working. The touchpad will not turn off. Secondly, when I try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my keyboard and touchpad stop working