Windows 10: Keyboard and trackpad not working

Discus and support Keyboard and trackpad not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EyeCloud, May 29, 2022.

1. EyeCloud Win User

Keyboard and trackpad not working

Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If it helps, I am on a lenovo flex 5 and I have tried driver updates but they do not work.

:)

EyeCloud, May 29, 2022

2. Laptop keyboard and trackpad not working at all.

Hi Raj,

You mentioned from your last response that keyboard and trackpad don't work on Windows in general. We can try to use the troubleshooting steps from this

link.
    You can also restore to the date when the keyboard and trackpad was working.

Shirlen Agu, May 29, 2022
  3. UKdarren Win User
    Keyboard and Trackpad not working

Exact same problem for me too with Asus X502C Laptop. It happened immediately after the most recent Microsoft updates installed. Perfectly OK before, no laptop keyboard or trackpad working afterwards. External keyboard does not work, but external mouse does.

Exactly the same issue as previous contributor, therefore this can only be a software issue caused by the Microsoft update rather than a hardware issue.

Any suggestions please? Nothing I've tried so far makes any difference.

UKdarren, May 29, 2022
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Keyboard and Trackpad Not Working

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you restore your computer to an earlier point in time.
    Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Since you're unable to use the keyboard and trackpad to log in to Windows 10, access the recovery environment and run system restore. To do that, follow these steps:

• Use the installation media to access the recovery environment. If you don't have one, go to this

link
    • Connect the recovery drive and turn on your PC.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot, and then select an option. If you don’t see the Choose your option screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer’s
      website for info on how to change your PC’s boot order.
    • Restore from a system restore point by selecting Advanced Options > System Restore. This will remove recently installed apps, drivers, and updates that might be causing your PC problems, but it won’t affect your personal
      files.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps.

Mark Ole, May 29, 2022
Thema:

1. Keyboard and trackpad not working - Similar Threads - Keyboard trackpad working

2. Black login screen, keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black login screen, keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello,I am having a problem where occasionally, when I open the lid of my laptop, the screen is completely black except for the Windows Hello facial recognition indicator and the cursor. Usually the trackpad and keyboard don't work except for some of the function keys....
  3. Black login screen, keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black login screen, keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello,I am having a problem where occasionally, when I open the lid of my laptop, the screen is completely black except for the Windows Hello facial recognition indicator and the cursor. Usually the trackpad and keyboard don't work except for some of the function keys....
  4. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  5. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  6. Keyboard and trackpad not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and trackpad not responding: I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 for 6 months, and i booted it up today to find it that the keyboard and trackpad was not working, the caps lock didnt turn on, the external usb keyboard didnt also, and i cannot login. Help immediate!...
  7. Keyboard, trackpad and usb ports not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard, trackpad and usb ports not working: The keyboard, trackpad and usb ports arent working on my laptop. How can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-trackpad-and-usb-ports-not-working/2974b971-b882-414f-be21-825667dba56e
  8. Keyboard and Trackpad stops working if windows updated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and Trackpad stops working if windows updated: I have HP X-360 touchscreen laptop with windows 10 installed, recently its display was broken and the touch started misbehaving so I disabled the touch screen from a local technician, now when I install window updates the keyboard and track pad stops working and I have to...
  9. Trackpad not working

Trackpad not working: Hi, my trackpad does not work. Upon further investigation, I found that I don't even have a dropdown section for mice and trackpads in device manager. I looked more into the issue and I found that even on the mice settings in control panel, i don't have a driver for my...
  10. Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working

Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working: For a while now my my detachable Keyboard, Trackpad and Mouse have kept stopping. It has happened before and cured itself but so far not this time. A new and odd behaviour is that after closing down and relaunching everything does work, for about two seconds only, just enough...