Windows 10: keyboard arrow selection key is automatically moving

Discus and support keyboard arrow selection key is automatically moving in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; keyboard arrow selection key is automatically moving. when it is started to moving if I press any key the movement was stopped. is it a hardware or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paulsaijoy, Mar 22, 2020.

1. keyboard arrow selection key is automatically moving

keyboard arrow selection key is automatically moving. when it is started to moving if I press any key the movement was stopped. is it a hardware or software issue

:)

paulsaijoy, Mar 22, 2020

2. Cursor Pointer does not move by Arrow-keys on the keyboard:

Hi Anas,

To further isolate the issue, we would like to ask a few questions:

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done in trying to resolve this issue?
    • Were you able to use the arrow keys when doing other activities?

Looking forward to your response.

Dennis Mop, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Arrow keys started selecting text

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue.

You might have Turn ON the Sticky Keys on your device. This could be the possible cause of the issue.

I suggest you to suggest you to follow the methods below to Turn OFF the Sticky keys.

Method 1

1. Click on Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard.
    2. On the right, turn off the option
      Press one key at a time for keyboard shortcuts and check the status of the issue.

Method 2

1. Click on Start, type in Control Panel.
    2. Navigate to Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center\Make the keyboard easier to use.
    3. Uncheck the box
      Turn on Sticky keys
    4. Click on Apply and OK.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to turn on On-Screen keyboard and see if the same issue persists. Refer the article
    Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type for the steps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, so that we can find out the root cause of the issue.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 22, 2020
  4. keyboard arrow selection key is automatically moving

Cursor Pointer does not move by Arrow-keys on the keyboard:

Thank you for your advice.

I have connect a similar (102-key) external USB keyboard:

- Its automatically-defined driver was (HID keyboard device).

- Both arrows keys (the dedicated arrow-keys on the right to the mouse, and the arrow-function keys on the numerical keypad) function perfect without any problem.

Please note that the problem is only with the 4-arrow keys together. this made me not to think about a hardware error in the keyboard.

The problem is that i do not have any friend who has the same laptop to borrow the keyboard and install it in my laptop to try.

Please confirm that there is not any other software problem that may cause this problem, so i will buy a new keyboard to install it in my laptop.

Awaiting your reply as soon as possible

Thank you and best regards

Anas Shayah, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

keyboard arrow selection key is automatically moving

1. keyboard arrow selection key is automatically moving - Similar Threads - keyboard arrow selection

2. How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor: I recently applied the latest Windows 10 Pro patchesFeature update to Windows 10, version 2004and OS Builds 19044.3803 and 19045.3803And installed the latest version of Power Toys Now it seems keyboard movement via the arrow and number keys is permanently enabled I tried to...
  3. How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor: I recently applied the latest Windows 10 Pro patchesFeature update to Windows 10, version 2004and OS Builds 19044.3803 and 19045.3803And installed the latest version of Power Toys Now it seems keyboard movement via the arrow and number keys is permanently enabled I tried to...
  4. tab and arrow key automatically pressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tab and arrow key automatically pressing: my tab and right arrow keys are pressed sutomatically , i have been facing this issue for quite some time now. I tried all the methods in this similar thread other than the keyboard driver uninstall since i have not attached any external keyboards...
  5. Moving a window with the windows key + arrow keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving a window with the windows key + arrow keys: On my work computer I can hold down the windows key and hit an arrow key to move the current window between screens or between quadrants of the screen, but on my personal computer it doesn’t work. Does this feature have a name, and is there a setting to toggle it on/off? Any...
  6. ARROW KEYS SELECTING TEXT

in Windows 10 Customization
    ARROW KEYS SELECTING TEXT: ANS ARROW KEY + INSERT WAS ACCIDENTALY PRESSED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arrow-keys-selecting-text/7cde71aa-edb1-49a0-9535-21ae420f04b9
  7. Can we move mouse cursor with keyboard arrow keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can we move mouse cursor with keyboard arrow keys?: Windows mouse keys let you move mouse cursor with keyboard numeric keypads but the problem is I dont have numeric keypads on my laptop so it will be best to use up,down,left,right arrows to move mouse cursor. submitted by /u/sherkhannabi [link] [comments]...
  8. Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?: when I use my arrow keys, the mouse pointer moves with them. Unfortunately I don't know where and how I can disable this. Can someone explain this to me? Mauszeiger bewegt sich beim bewegen der Pfeiltasten?
  9. Arrow keys started selecting text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys started selecting text: Seems that accidentally I have hit some key which has caused arrow keys and 'end' key to highlight (select) text. Never had this previously. I'm aware of the num lock key to toggle this feature, but then I am unable to use the number keypad. Any ideas please?...
  10. Keyboard arrow keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard arrow keys: How do I phrase this? I'm reading my online newspaper. The up and down arrow key still functions to move position up and down, but when I use the left and right keys to go back and forth between pages it doesn't respond. I thought paper changed it's layout capabilities, but...