Windows 10: keyboard automatically pressing enter

Discus and support keyboard automatically pressing enter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! My keyboard automatically presses enter when I press the letter "B" or "T". It started after I had been trying to put into some cheats in Sims. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kottenn, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Kottenn Win User

keyboard automatically pressing enter

Hi! My keyboard automatically presses enter when I press the letter "B" or "T". It started after I had been trying to put into some cheats in Sims. I use Windows 10. I also updated my pc the same day but I did not notice the problem until I started playing. I have tried restarting my computer and tried restaring with a different language and then back to my language. I don't know what to do.

:)

Kottenn, Jul 24, 2022

2. Keyboard refreshs button automatically presses

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2:

DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 24, 2022
  3. Arctucas Win User
    mobo/case connection

Type LIST DISK

press Enter

(There are going to be several steps, so let me know when you do them, OK?)

Arctucas, Jul 24, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Any suggestion how to remap keyboard [Enter] > [Shift-Enter]?

I've used SharpKeys successfully to remap keys.
    - I remapped Delete key to the Insert key when the former was defective
    - On another computer, I remapped t to ` [again because a key was not working correctly]
    You would remap Shift-Enter to Enter

keyboard automatically pressing enter [​IMG]

You can select keys from the list or, as illustrated here, you can select Type key and press the key / key combination you want.

But you do realise that you'll lose the ability to press Enter?
    - You don't say why you want to do this so I can only guess that the 'normal' Enter function would sometimes be needed.
    - You could also remap Enter to Shift-Enter so you would still have the function available for use.

Best of luck,
    Denis

Thema:

1. keyboard automatically pressing enter - Similar Threads - keyboard automatically pressing

2. My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously: My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously. but if I just enter a backspace it stops. and I don't know when it will spam itself again. at first I thought it was sticky keys but when I went to settings it was off . Please help me...
  3. My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously: My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously. but if I just enter a backspace it stops. and I don't know when it will spam itself again. at first I thought it was sticky keys but when I went to settings it was off . Please help me...
  4. My keyboard is pressing keys automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is pressing keys automatically: my keyboard is pressing keys automatically! I’m stuck in the login screen and I can’t use the keys either. They are unresponsive. I tried restarting, unplugging ports and trying other ones but nothing is working. Please help!...
  5. My keyboard is pressing keys automatically

My keyboard is pressing keys automatically: my keyboard is pressing keys automatically! I’m stuck in the login screen and I can’t use the keys either. They are unresponsive. I tried restarting, unplugging ports and trying other ones but nothing is working. Please help!...
  6. keyboard automatically pressing enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard automatically pressing enter: Hi! My keyboard automatically presses enter when I press the letter "B" or "T". It started after I had been trying to put into some cheats in Sims. I use Windows 10. I also updated my pc the same day but I did not notice the problem until I started playing. I have tried...
  7. keyboard automatically pressing enter

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard automatically pressing enter: Hi! My keyboard automatically presses enter when I press the letter "B" or "T". It started after I had been trying to put into some cheats in Sims. I use Windows 10. I also updated my pc the same day but I did not notice the problem until I started playing. I have tried...
  8. Keyboard 'Enter' key pressed automatically not physically even after remapping.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard 'Enter' key pressed automatically not physically even after remapping.: [PC not laptop] Last few days my keyboard has been sending essentially spamming 'Enter' key signals simulating a press of the button without me doing anything last 2 days happens more and more. It happens in any program/app im using, it is random and sometimes lasts for 5...
  9. Keyboard 'Enter' key pressed automatically not physically even after remapping.

Keyboard 'Enter' key pressed automatically not physically even after remapping.: [PC not laptop] Last few days my keyboard has been sending essentially spamming 'Enter' key signals simulating a press of the button without me doing anything last 2 days happens more and more. It happens in any program/app im using, it is random and sometimes lasts for 5...
  10. Keyboard 'Enter' key pressed automatically not physically even after remapping.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enter key working automatically windows 11