Windows 10: Keyboard automaticaly type slash /

Discus and support Keyboard automaticaly type slash / in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop is Hasee X3 G1, upon updating to windows 10 pro, my keyboard suddenly type slash/ non stop. Sometimes I cant even logon to my account after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bernalde la Cruz, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Keyboard automaticaly type slash /

My laptop is Hasee X3 G1, upon updating to windows 10 pro, my keyboard suddenly type slash/ non stop. Sometimes I cant even logon to my account after restart. Can someone please help me fix this issue?

:)

Bernalde la Cruz, Sep 15, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Cannot get Forward OR Backward Slash to work in Windows 10

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we are happy to help you.

You are not able use forward slash key and backward slash key on your keyboard

Could you answer few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the make and model of the keyboard?
    • Do you have problem with any other keys?

I would like you to use On screen keyboard and check.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key+W and type On Screen Key Board.
    • Select Turn on screen Key Board on or off.
    • Click on Start On Screen Key Board.
    A new key board window will open up. Try to use that and check if it works.

Post back us with results. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 automatically typing slash (/)

Hi Ayan,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to update the drivers for keyboard from Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard, right click on the drivers found and click on
      Update Driver Software.

Also, try to search for the drivers from Manufacturer's website and install them in the compatibility mode.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Keyboard automaticaly type slash /

Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard automaticaly type slash /

1. Keyboard automaticaly type slash / - Similar Threads - Keyboard automaticaly type

2. I want date format of slash type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want date format of slash type: I want date format of slash type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-date-format-of-slash-type/1d664110-b717-40b9-9453-7494b54cff3d
  3. How can I add backward slash when typing on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add backward slash when typing on my keyboard: I can't seem to add a forward or backward slash in my keyboard Am using hp elitebook 1030 g3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-add-backward-slash-when-typing-on-my/b271eb51-f329-43d1-b32e-ffca3305e10b
  4. How can I add backward slash when typing on my keyboard

How can I add backward slash when typing on my keyboard: I can't seem to add a forward or backward slash in my keyboard Am using hp elitebook 1030 g3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-add-backward-slash-when-typing-on-my/b271eb51-f329-43d1-b32e-ffca3305e10b
  5. Computer types Backward slash \ continously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer types Backward slash \ continously: I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop with Windows 11. All of a sudden , my system keeps typing \\\\... continously, stops at a certain point and toss again. This happens at all text entry fields including browser urls. I rqn McAfee anti-virus scan, malwarebytes anti malware scan and...
  6. Computer types Backward slash \ continously

Computer types Backward slash \ continously: I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop with Windows 11. All of a sudden , my system keeps typing \\\\... continously, stops at a certain point and toss again. This happens at all text entry fields including browser urls. I rqn McAfee anti-virus scan, malwarebytes anti malware scan and...
  7. My PC is typing slashes by its self.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is typing slashes by its self.: Hello, I have a problem with my PC that the PC it self is typing forward slashes by it self, My PC type is Legion Y540 and I tried every single thing on YouTube and in every search link, I tried searching and trying to fix my computer and still there is no response, I wish...
  8. Forward slashes keep typing on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forward slashes keep typing on its own: For some reason my computer won’t stop typing forward slashes on its own. I have switched keyboards and mouses, is there something else I can do to stop this? I have to use my phone to write this because I am unable to type anything when I try it’s just ///////////////....
  9. Slash types uncontrollably without touching it.

Slash types uncontrollably without touching it.: Hello, My daughter has been using my laptop Dell XPS 15 for school these last few weeks. One of the ongoing problems she's been having is bringing up a new tab in the web browser Firefox and the box suddenly starts populating a slash, she doesn't remember if it is a forward...
  10. Typing screen fills up with forward slashes

Typing screen fills up with forward slashes: Whenever I open any program that include/s a typing window, I hear a soft ring, followed by the typing window filling up with forward slashes. ///////////////////////// If I do nothing, the slashes continue filling the area ad infinitum. ///////etc.. What can I do to stop...