Windows 10: Keyboard backlight not working after update

Discus and support Keyboard backlight not working after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Kindly help me with this!! My keyboard backlight is not working after the latest update. What could be the problem? I tried to troubleshoot, but in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SeepikaLalwani, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Keyboard backlight not working after update

Kindly help me with this!!

My keyboard backlight is not working after the latest update. What could be the problem? I tried to troubleshoot, but in vain.

:)

SeepikaLalwani, Oct 31, 2020

2. Keyboard backlight is not working

Doesn't pressing F10 (or Fn+F10) not switching your backlight ON & OFF?

If above doesn't work, try following and check after each step -

1. Run Keyboard Troubleshooter

Type Troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down and click Keyboard > Run the troubleshooter > Follow onscreen directions

2. Update Keyboard Driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > Expand Keyboards > Right click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard > Click Update Driver Software > Click Browse my computer for driver software > Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    > Choose Standard PS/2 Keyboard > Click Next to update

E for Excel, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Can't find the setting to turn off keyboard backlight

Sarah,

• lacrumb is correct, keyboard backlighting is controlled by utilities put on your computer by the computer maker.
    • Keyboard backlighting only appears in Windows mobility centre if the computer maker has put it there.

I suggest

• Checking through your Start menu looking for a computer maker's utility,
    • Reading the computer manual,
    • Searching the computer maker's website
    • Searching any user forums for your computer model
    • Installing all hardware updates & BIOS updates provided on the computer maker's website

Denis

Tryx3, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Keyboard backlight not working after update

Keyboard Backlight Has Stopped Working.

Hi Gideon,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the complete model number of your Acer Aspire F14?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    3. What is the operating system that you have installed on your computer? (To check the Version and Edition of your Windows, you can refer
      Which Windows operating system am I running?).

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if this helps.

Before trying the below methods, try a keyboard combination by pressing the
    FN and the F9 keys at once and check if the keyboard backlight turns on.

Method 1:
    Turning On Keyboard Backlight From Windows Mobility Center.

1. Click on the Start Menu > Search for Windows Mobility Center > Hit
      Enter.
    2. Locate Keyboard backlight in Windows Mobility Center > Select
      On under Keyboard lighting > Click on OK.
    3. Restart the computer once after making the changes and check for the keyboard backlight.

Method 2:
    Keyboard Troubleshooter.

Go to Settings > Update and Security >
    Troubleshoot > Run the Keyboard Troubleshooter and check for the issue.

If the issue persists after trying the above troubleshooting methods, then please reply with the answers listed above, so that we can understand the concern and help you with the appropriate troubleshooting methods.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard backlight not working after update

1. Keyboard backlight not working after update - Similar Threads - Keyboard backlight working

2. keyboard backlight doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard backlight doesnt work: hi,My keyboard back light doesnt work, and my FN F9/10 stoped workug after updating to windows 10. keybord backlight settings doesnt show in mobility center either....
  3. keyboard backlight doesnt work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard backlight doesnt work: hi,My keyboard back light doesnt work, and my FN F9/10 stoped workug after updating to windows 10. keybord backlight settings doesnt show in mobility center either....
  4. keyboard backlight doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey: HI, I have a asus vivobook flip 14. I had keyboard hotkeysF1 TO F12 working. Due to a issue, i did a clean install of windows 10.After that i l cannot turn on keyboard backlight using the f7 key. I have my asus app and asus control interface v3. All other hotkeys are working....
  6. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard backlight: Is there any way I could turn on my keyboard backlight without using the F5 button? I use an HP All the other function buttons are working but I can't seem to get the F5 button to work.Thanks!...
  7. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard backlight: The keyboard backlight can no longer be adjusted after a Microsoft Update. It's just on all the time now draining my battery and making watching anything in the dark terrible. Is there a fix to this issue?...
  8. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard backlight: I can't find the settings for the backlight on my laptop.Where can I find the settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight/e8bb3330-c998-4369-973c-1ec8ca0b8bc2
  9. Keyboard Backlight

Keyboard Backlight: Does Lenovo Flex 4-1330 have a backlight? I can't figure it out. If it does please tell me how to turn it on. Fn+ space bar isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight/be6d12bb-a5ca-4c29-a5e1-ca292fea6699
  10. Laptop Keyboard Backlights Not Working

Laptop Keyboard Backlights Not Working: Laptop Keyboard Backlights Not Working (letters don't light up anymore) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keyboard-backlights-not-working/fe78d7ac-2f93-413d-81ae-f976458a5fa1