Windows 10: Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey

Discus and support Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI, I have a asus vivobook flip 14. I had keyboard hotkeysF1 TO F12 working. Due to a issue, i did a clean install of windows 10.After that i l cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AcncAcnc, Aug 18, 2021.

1. AcncAcnc Win User

Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey

HI, I have a asus vivobook flip 14. I had keyboard hotkeysF1 TO F12 working. Due to a issue, i did a clean install of windows 10.After that i l cannot turn on keyboard backlight using the f7 key. I have my asus app and asus control interface v3. All other hotkeys are working. Please someone help me.

:)

AcncAcnc, Aug 18, 2021
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Microsoft Designer Keyboard HotKeys NOT working

Hi Andrzej,

If the Hotkeys on your Microsoft Designer Keyboard don't work, it is possible that the Human Interface Device Access service on your Surface was stopped. Make sure that the service is set to automatic. To do that, follow these steps:

• Type Services in the search box. Click on Services
    • In the list of services in the Details pane, double-click HID Human Interface Service, and then make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic.

If the Hotkeys still won't work, try to create a new local user account and test if the "special keys" will work. If you're a Windows 10 user, refer to this link
    on how to create a local user.

You may also test the keyboard with a different computer. If the keyboard does not work correctly with the other computer, this could be a possible hardware issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Aug 18, 2021
  3. Keyboard backlight is not working

Doesn't pressing F10 (or Fn+F10) not switching your backlight ON & OFF?

If above doesn't work, try following and check after each step -

1. Run Keyboard Troubleshooter

Type Troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down and click Keyboard > Run the troubleshooter > Follow onscreen directions

2. Update Keyboard Driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > Expand Keyboards > Right click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard > Click Update Driver Software > Click Browse my computer for driver software > Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    > Choose Standard PS/2 Keyboard > Click Next to update

E for Excel, Aug 18, 2021
  4. Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey

1. Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey - Similar Threads - Keyboard Backlight working

2. keyboard backlight doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard backlight doesnt work: hi,My keyboard back light doesnt work, and my FN F9/10 stoped workug after updating to windows 10. keybord backlight settings doesnt show in mobility center either....
  3. keyboard backlight doesnt work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard backlight doesnt work: hi,My keyboard back light doesnt work, and my FN F9/10 stoped workug after updating to windows 10. keybord backlight settings doesnt show in mobility center either....
  4. keyboard backlight doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard backlight: Is there any way I could turn on my keyboard backlight without using the F5 button? I use an HP All the other function buttons are working but I can't seem to get the F5 button to work.Thanks!...
  6. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard backlight: The keyboard backlight can no longer be adjusted after a Microsoft Update. It's just on all the time now draining my battery and making watching anything in the dark terrible. Is there a fix to this issue?...
  7. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard backlight: I can't find the settings for the backlight on my laptop.Where can I find the settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight/e8bb3330-c998-4369-973c-1ec8ca0b8bc2
  8. Keyboard Backlight

Keyboard Backlight: Does Lenovo Flex 4-1330 have a backlight? I can't figure it out. If it does please tell me how to turn it on. Fn+ space bar isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight/be6d12bb-a5ca-4c29-a5e1-ca292fea6699
  9. Laptop Keyboard Backlights Not Working

Laptop Keyboard Backlights Not Working: Laptop Keyboard Backlights Not Working (letters don't light up anymore) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keyboard-backlights-not-working/fe78d7ac-2f93-413d-81ae-f976458a5fa1
  10. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard backlight: how do I put on the backlight for my laptop keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-backlight/82c7799d-e3bc-4d64-b70d-4180a834ee5a