Windows 10: keyboard backlight settings

Discus and support keyboard backlight settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the Surface Book 2 and I cannot turn the keyboard backlight off. How do I do this without function keys?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Debra Lee Williamson, Sep 24, 2022.

1. keyboard backlight settings

I have the Surface Book 2 and I cannot turn the keyboard backlight off. How do I do this without function keys?

:)

Debra Lee Williamson, Sep 24, 2022
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Can't find the setting to turn off keyboard backlight

Sarah,

• lacrumb is correct, keyboard backlighting is controlled by utilities put on your computer by the computer maker.
    • Keyboard backlighting only appears in Windows mobility centre if the computer maker has put it there.

I suggest

• Checking through your Start menu looking for a computer maker's utility,
    • Reading the computer manual,
    • Searching the computer maker's website
    • Searching any user forums for your computer model
    • Installing all hardware updates & BIOS updates provided on the computer maker's website

Denis

Tryx3, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Windows Logon/Password On Screen Keyboard Setting "backlight"

Hi Christopher,

You may enable or disble the keyboard backlight by following the instructions below.

• Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the
      Search charm.

NOTE: The
      Windows Logo + Q key combination will also take you to the
      Search screen.
    • In the Search screen, in the
      Search field type Control Center, and then click the
      Control Center icon.
    • In the Control Center window, click
      Keyboard and Mouse.

keyboard backlight settings [​IMG]
    • In the Keyboard and Mouse screen, under
      Keyboard Backlight, click the down arrow in the box under
      Set the keyboard backlight action when plugged in and click to select the desired action.
      • Always on
      • Turn on in low light conditions
      • Do not turn on
    • If the Turn on in low light conditions option was selected, you will also have the opportunity to select a length of time until backlight turns off when there is no keyboard activity:
      • 10 Seconds
      • 30 Seconds
      • 60 Seconds
      • Do not turn off
    • Click the down arrow in the box under Set the keyboard backlight action when running on battery and click to select the desired action.
      NOTE: The action and time options are the same when running on battery as they are for when the computer is plugged in.

Let us know the outcome.

Karina Aris, Sep 24, 2022
  4. keyboard backlight settings

Keyboard backlight

On my Lenovo Yoga, the keyboard backlight comes on briefly on start up but then fades out. Looked on settings but could not find anything? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated?

Project47--, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

keyboard backlight settings

1. keyboard backlight settings - Similar Threads - keyboard backlight settings

2. keyboard backlight settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard backlight settings: I have the Surface Book 2 and I cannot turn the keyboard backlight off. How do I do this without function keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight-settings/ab89e3c9-d842-4df5-b15d-6b6cbf6171e1
  3. keyboard backlight settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard backlight settings: I have the Surface Book 2 and I cannot turn the keyboard backlight off. How do I do this without function keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight-settings/ab89e3c9-d842-4df5-b15d-6b6cbf6171e1
  4. Default keyboard backlight setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default keyboard backlight setting: I have a Huawei Matebook 14D with Windows 11 home.The backlight setting via the F3 button has three grades when you press it, 1 - off, 2 -light on, 3 - light onslightly stronger. I would have expected that if I set it to the 3rd one and then restart the laptop, the selected...
  5. Default keyboard backlight setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default keyboard backlight setting: I have a Huawei Matebook 14D with Windows 11 home.The backlight setting via the F3 button has three grades when you press it, 1 - off, 2 -light on, 3 - light onslightly stronger. I would have expected that if I set it to the 3rd one and then restart the laptop, the selected...
  6. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard backlight: Is there any way I could turn on my keyboard backlight without using the F5 button? I use an HP All the other function buttons are working but I can't seem to get the F5 button to work.Thanks!...
  7. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard backlight: The keyboard backlight can no longer be adjusted after a Microsoft Update. It's just on all the time now draining my battery and making watching anything in the dark terrible. Is there a fix to this issue?...
  8. Keyboard backlight

Keyboard backlight: I can't find the settings for the backlight on my laptop.Where can I find the settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight/e8bb3330-c998-4369-973c-1ec8ca0b8bc2
  9. Keyboard Backlight

Keyboard Backlight: Does Lenovo Flex 4-1330 have a backlight? I can't figure it out. If it does please tell me how to turn it on. Fn+ space bar isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight/be6d12bb-a5ca-4c29-a5e1-ca292fea6699
  10. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard backlight: how do I put on the backlight for my laptop keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-backlight/82c7799d-e3bc-4d64-b70d-4180a834ee5a