Windows 10: Keyboard beep on startup

Discus and support Keyboard beep on startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My MSI GS66 makes 1 beep, when I press the first key after startup. It only beeps then, and it doesn't matter what key I press. How do I make the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GillianBlekkenhorst, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Keyboard beep on startup

My MSI GS66 makes 1 beep, when I press the first key after startup. It only beeps then, and it doesn't matter what key I press. How do I make the computer not beep when I press a key after startup? The beep is short, maybe 1 or 2 seconds long. It goes from a high pitch to a low pitch. Almost like a bird chirp but definitely a computer sound.It started about a week ago, when I was trying to trouble shoot some issues with an external keyboard. It happens when no peripherals are plugging in as well. I have a Windows update that has been failing to install for much longer than the beeping problem,

:)

GillianBlekkenhorst, Jul 16, 2021
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Keyboard beep on startup

Hi Sean,

I'd like to ask some questions for me to know what is the possible cause of the issues. Please answer these:

• When did the issue start to happen?
    • Are there other plugged in external devices on your laptop?
    • Please describe if the beep is long or short or has sequences.
    • What is the current OS build and version of your Windows 10 device? This
      article
      can help you in getting this information.

For now, I'd like to recommend using the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooter and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.

• Select Hardware and Devices, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automaticallyoption.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• Close the window after troubleshooting is completed and check if the changes are effective.

I'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Keyboard beep on startup

My Dell xps15 notebook makes 1 beep, when I press the first key after startup. It only beeps then, and it doesn't matter what key I press. How do I make the computer not beep when I press a key after startup?

Thanks

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

SeanHuston, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Keyboard beep on startup

Keep onscreen keyboard from displaying at startup

Hi Helene,

I suggest to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the Keyboard.
    • Click on More details.
    • Go to Startup Tab.
    • Right click on Onscreen Keyboard And select
      disable.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard beep on startup

1. Keyboard beep on startup - Similar Threads - Keyboard beep startup

2. Keyboard slow to respond and beeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard slow to respond and beeping: My keyboard is making beep beep noise and its lagging very much I've even connected the external keyboard which is also lagging and making beep noise.But it works fine in bios the issue I'm facing is only in operating system. Please help me out...
  3. Keyboard slow to respond and beeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard slow to respond and beeping: My keyboard is making beep beep noise and its lagging very much I've even connected the external keyboard which is also lagging and making beep noise.But it works fine in bios the issue I'm facing is only in operating system. Please help me out...
  4. System beeping and keyboard not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System beeping and keyboard not working.: The computer is making beep beep sound after startup and keyboard is never working also not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-beeping-and-keyboard-not-working/ff77ace0-c62f-456d-b187-aa5b35ffc748
  5. Startup Problem blinking & beeping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup Problem blinking & beeping: Having a problem with a new monitor so yesterday I connected my new PC to a different monitor and confirmed it was working as expected. This morning I connected the new PC to the new monitor and the PC started beeping and the power light was blinking red. What can I do about...
  6. keyboard beeping

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard beeping: There's certain combinations on my laptop keyboard that when I press them, it makes a beeping sound and won't type some of the letters. The only cause I can possibly think of is keyboard drivers, but I tried to update them, no luck. The combinations include: zvb bhn qfr aik...
  7. windows beeping on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows beeping on startup: So windows doesn't beep every time on startup, it only beeps sometimes when I startup. it beeps continuously and I've tried looking it up and I never found anything for continuously beeping, my system works perfectly fine just sometimes at startup and sometimes even while i'm...
  8. Beeping sound from keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Beeping sound from keyboard?: This isn’t something that messes with my computer, but it is something I’m curious about. Whenever I’m typing on my keyboard and press the “m” key, my computer makes a random beep sound. I’m not sure why this happens and it’s been happening since I got the computer. I...
  9. black screen and beeps on failed startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen and beeps on failed startup: computer worked yesterday now on power on get black screen and beeps on failed startup. two short one long beep. Repeats this a couple times and then rapid series of beeps. wireless light lit and hard drive blinks. Tried this several times. HELP!!!...
  10. Beeping key on keyboard!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Beeping key on keyboard!: Hi, everything was fine yesterday until today that I noticed that when I clicked the letter "m" makes a beeping noise... it's only this key that makes the noise. I have sticky keys turned off and I went to easy of access and disabled the noise, but it's still doing it. I also...