Windows 10: Keyboard beeps when any key is pressed after new motherboard is installed

Discus and support Keyboard beeps when any key is pressed after new motherboard is installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently installed a new motherboard on my Dell XPS L502X laptop. It's running Windows 10. Now, whenever I press any key, I get a BIOS beep. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dolphingirl369, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Keyboard beeps when any key is pressed after new motherboard is installed

I recently installed a new motherboard on my Dell XPS L502X laptop. It's running Windows 10. Now, whenever I press any key, I get a BIOS beep. I can turn my sound off, my systems sound off, and I've doubled checked sticky keys and the like. It still beeps with EVERY key. And it's not a regular systems beep, it's that highly annoying BIOS beep. Thank God I normally use an external keyboard, and that one doesn't beep. Also, while it does beep, the keys do work. I could type fine if I was deaf.

Did I just not reconnect a wire for the keyboard correctly? I don't want to pull my computer apart for no reason. I'd assume that if the wire was loose, then the keyboard wouldn't type at all, or wouldn't type properly. I've googled the problem to no avail. This seems to be a new error that I have the distinct pleasure of discovering first. Yay...

Please help...

:)

Dolphingirl369, Sep 10, 2018

2. Change Beep when keys are pressed or accepted

Hi everybody,

I want to know; if there is a way to change a sound, beep, that win 10 plays when this option is enable.

Path:

Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center\Set up Filter Keys

Other settings

• Beep when keys are pressed or accepted.

I don't like that beep, I want another one and it would be great if the user can change it.

Thanks in advance, sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker.

Jesus Lopera, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Beep sound on pressing Shift + Space + W keys on the keyboard on Windows 10.

Hi Ivan,

From the above description, I understand you are hearing a beep tone on pressing
    Shift + Space + W keys at once on the computer. Please reply to a few questions asked below for better understanding and further assistance on the issue:

• Why are you pressing Shift + Space +
      W
      keys together?
    • Are you pressing the keys together on any particular application?
    • Which build is currently running on the computer?

Method 1: Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, check if you have enabled settings to notify you via sound on pressing shortcut keys on the keyboard by following
    the steps below:

• Press Window logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings
      window on the computer.
    • Select Ease of Access and click on Keyboard from the left side panel of the window.
    • On the right side panel, under Other Settings, check if
      Make a sound when turning a setting on or off with a shortcut is switched on. If yes, slide the bar to disable and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists,
    boot the computer in Clean boot state and check if the issue is caused due to any of the installed third party applications/programs.

Putting the system in Clean boot will enable the PC to start using minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in
    Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.

Refer to the section How to perform a clean boot for
    Windows 10 from the article.

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of beep sound on pressing
    Shift + Space + W keys on the keyboard on the computer in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 10, 2018
  4. paul7876 Win User

Keyboard beeps when any key is pressed after new motherboard is installed

Key press beeps go funny if a key is held down (E71)

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else noticed that the beeps produced by pressing a key go a bit funny if a key is held down for a few seconds to make it beep repidly?

If I'm scrolling down a long list of files, the key beeps change to what is almost a double beep, then if I do it again theres a click and it all goes back to normal.

I don't think this is a hardware fault, as its never been dropped, has done this since day one, and only happens if I hold a key down as opposed to pressing it quickly.

Anyone else noticed this?

Paul

paul7876, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard beeps when any key is pressed after new motherboard is installed

1. Keyboard beeps when any key is pressed after new motherboard is installed - Similar Threads - Keyboard beeps key

2. Beep noise after long press of a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beep noise after long press of a key: Hello, i have the issue that when i play for example PUBG, windows beeps very repeatedly when i press any button for a longer time. The beeping itself is not the problem but windows stops the input of that key and i have to stop pressing that key for it to work again.Can...
  3. Beep noise after long press of a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beep noise after long press of a key: Hello, i have the issue that when i play for example PUBG, windows beeps very repeatedly when i press any button for a longer time. The beeping itself is not the problem but windows stops the input of that key and i have to stop pressing that key for it to work again.Can...
  4. Keyboard Beeping when pressing Button Combo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Beeping when pressing Button Combo: So recently I was playing a game called Metro Exodus, In that game you can walk by pressing x and w, a, s, or d, and so I was trying to walk diagonally x+w+d and I heard beeping and I only walked forward. I had recently switched to a older keyboard as my other keyboard had...
  5. Keyboard Beeping when pressing Button Combo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Beeping when pressing Button Combo: So recently I was playing a game called Metro Exodus, In that game you can walk by pressing x and w, a, s, or d, and so I was trying to walk diagonally x+w+d and I heard beeping and I only walked forward. I had recently switched to a older keyboard as my other keyboard had...
  6. Beep when keys are pressed or accepted, only with mic?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Beep when keys are pressed or accepted, only with mic?: Hello"Beep when keys are pressed or accepted"This function only works when the microphone is active.Can I somehow enable the beep on keypress without having the microphone activated?I can only activate the microphone when having the microphone settings window active.Please...
  7. My keyboard beeps when I press the 'n' key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard beeps when I press the 'n' key: Woke up today and my keyboard started to beep when I press the 'n' key. Checked multiple solutions here on answers.microsoft.com. Sticky, Toggle and Filter keys are off, but I do have 3 "HID Keyboard Device" entries on the Device Manager, under Keyboards.Hope you can help as...
  8. keyboard beeps when the key "t" is pressed

keyboard beeps when the key "t" is pressed: For some reason when I press the key "t" it beeps, I've tried restarting my pc that didn't work and turning off filter keys doesn't work either, please help me it's driving me crazy...
  9. Beeping sound when pressing the D on my keyboard

Beeping sound when pressing the D on my keyboard: Sooo i probably pressed a commbination that made it when i press D it makes a beep and does something but i don't know what or how to turn it off. When restarting it fixes it for 5 minutes and then it starts again. I closed every program to see if that helped and that does...
  10. Beeping key on keyboard!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Beeping key on keyboard!: Hi, everything was fine yesterday until today that I noticed that when I clicked the letter "m" makes a beeping noise... it's only this key that makes the noise. I have sticky keys turned off and I went to easy of access and disabled the noise, but it's still doing it. I also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. beep when keys pressed windows

2. windows 10 beep then key pressed

3. beep when windows key pressed

4. windows keyboard beeping,
  5. keyboard beep when i type not sticky keys,
  6. KEYBOARD THAT BEEPS WITH PRESS OF EACH KEY,
  7. beep when any key is pressed,
  8. beep when the keys are pressed or accepted,
  9. keyboard beeping when keys pressed windows 10,
  10. beep when keys are pressed or accepted,
  11. keyboard key beeps while gaming ,
  12. keyboard beeps when pressed,
  13. Keyboard beeps when any key is pressedKeyboard beeps when any key is pressed,
  14. microsoft 10 beep when any key,
  15. right side of keyboard beeps