Windows 10: Keyboard behaves strange on windows 10

Discus and support Keyboard behaves strange on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I'm using Windows 10 and today I noticed that when I press the alt button it behaves very strange. For example when I press alt button when chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndranikAghabekyan, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Keyboard behaves strange on windows 10

Hi.
    I'm using Windows 10 and today I noticed that when I press the alt button it behaves very strange. For example when I press alt button when chrome is active windows first time it types "\ g" and in address bar activates google search. Second time I press alt button it writes "0\ " band makes chrome full screen. If I press the alt button two times in row it opens a Ctrl+alt+delete menu, but when I press Ctrl+alt+delete system doesn't react. Sometimes it opens a new chrome windows or opens "Save as..." dialog box.
    When I click on desktop and press left alt button start menu opens, but right alt button does nothing.
    When i press left alt button on "File Explorer" sometimes it opens Ctrl+alt+delete menu, sometimes makes "File Explorer" full screen, when pressing the right one steps on folders, or opens new "File Explorer" window.
    Please help.
    Thanks in advance.
    Best Regards Andranik

:)

AndranikAghabekyan, Sep 11, 2018

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Keyboard behaves strange on windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard behaves strange on windows 10

1. Keyboard behaves strange on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keyboard behaves strange

2. Windows 11 terminal behaving strangely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 terminal behaving strangely: Windows 11 terminal keeps writing this non stop then goes away automatically and starts again in a bit, MATPE 25932 with x = 4 A[0]= A[1] A[2] = A[3] = A[4] = A[S] = PX+1-PX = 612 with x = 1 10284 with x = 3 25932 with x = 4...
  3. Windows Mail behaves strangely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail behaves strangely?: Hi, I use windows mail but over time it's got weirder and weirder! I use Win Insider build 21277. 1 Sometimes when I start the app it close unexpected 2 I can't add more than 2 google accounts Please help me! Poul Erik Rasmussen...
  4. Windows explorer is behaving very strange

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer is behaving very strange: A few weeks ago I started having problems with the explorer. One day it started lagging a lot, freezing and stuff. Then, every time I selected a file it would completely freeze but not showing "Not responding". Later, I stopped having this problem but after a few days I had...
  5. Razer keyboard behaving strangely on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Razer keyboard behaving strangely on windows 10: As the title suggests , I have a Razer Anansi keyboard and it works fine....except on startup. Basically, my user on the PC is password protected and so when I open my PC and type in my password my keyboard does some very weird stuff. As an example , when I press 'K' it...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes: So two days ago, I was playing Counter-Strike. I left the game idle at the home screen for around 2 hours because I had some urgent work. When I came back, I closed the game and put my laptop on Sleep. I logged in again after 2 hours and found that something was wrong. At the...
  7. Windows 10 Calculator behaves strange!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Calculator behaves strange!!!: I just found out something strange regarding the windows 10 calculator and am posting a video regarding it: https://youtu.be/JLMJXajzkw0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-calculator-behaves-strange/ce0ecd87-6fc4-4c59-8b8c-f1b182fc8ac2
  8. Windows everything is behaving strangely.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows everything is behaving strangely.: So after installing a Windows 10 update, my computer started behaving strangely. Namely, the taskbar is unresponsive, all my applications on it are gone, and it literally doesn't work. The start menu, wifi, and other utilities wont open and they won't even be highlighted when...
  9. Left Shift Behaving Strangely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left Shift Behaving Strangely: hi, I have a Asus VivoBook s15 510UA that i purchased 7 months back. But from the last 1 week i am having a really strange issue with my K/B. let me explain this a bit. this Laptop doesn't have any number pad/ numeric key set. So when i am talking about number keys i am...
  10. One window in Win 10 behaves strangely

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    One window in Win 10 behaves strangely: Hello, One of the windows on my desktop behaves strangely - or rather: its shortcut (to a folder). When I double-click on that shortcut, it opens normally. But, with that window still open (and/or minimized), when I double-click the shortcut again, a new window of the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard behaves strange AND MOUSE

2. keyboard behaves diffrently winodws 10

3. windows behaves strangely in user profile but works fine in administrator