Windows 10: Keyboard Binding Issues. German Keyboard, and German Interface. AltGR + 7-8 Window Loses...

Discus and support Keyboard Binding Issues. German Keyboard, and German Interface. AltGR + 7-8 Window Loses... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The title explains it all. I can type ] } on my keyboard but i cant type the OPEN versions of the symbols. I need to program, and cannot without this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Carbolemons, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Keyboard Binding Issues. German Keyboard, and German Interface. AltGR + 7-8 Window Loses...

The title explains it all. I can type ] } on my keyboard but i cant type the OPEN versions of the symbols. I need to program, and cannot without this funcitonality. Ive searched far and wide and I simply CANNOT buy an english US keyboard.

What happens when i use AltGR + 7-8
    The window loses focus, cursor dissapears. This is with ALL!!!!!!! programs, google chrome, visual studio, etc.
    this is hampering my work performance and is making me angry. please be fast?

:)

Carbolemons, Mar 29, 2019

2. German keyboard

Hello,

I have Windows 8 mobile phone and no matter how I try I can't find the German sharp s or other specific letters on the keyboard.

Is there any way to get it? For German language the English keyboard is not very useful.

Thank you,

Marketa

Markéta Machalová, Mar 29, 2019
  3. 93tid Win User
    German keyboard

Settings > keyboard > add keyboards > German

93tid, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Keyboard Binding Issues. German Keyboard, and German Interface. AltGR + 7-8 Window Loses...

French ç with a German keyboard without a numeric keyboard?

The letter ç can be typed using French input language (keyboard layout) with the same key you get digit 9, top row of alphanumeric keys (just under the Function keys).

Keyboard Binding Issues. German Keyboard, and German Interface. AltGR + 7-8 Window Loses... [​IMG]

[table][tr][td]Keypress [/td] [td]French layout [/td] [td]German layout [/td] [td]UK layout [/td] [td]US layout [/td] [/tr] [tr][td]9[/td] [td]ç[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]SHIFT + 9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td])[/td] [td]([/td] [td]([/td] [/tr] [tr][td]AltGR + 9[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]][/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Simply add French input language (keyboard layout) to your system and switch to it whenever you need it. To add French input language go to Settings > Time & language > Region & language, select your display language, click Options:

Keyboard Binding Issues. German Keyboard, and German Interface. AltGR + 7-8 Window Loses... [​IMG]

Click Add a keyboard, browse to French and add it:

When done and you'll need to type using French layout, click the language indicator in notification area and select preferred input language:

Please notice, because I have the Taskbar vertical on left, screenshot above might look different than your actual Taskbar and Notification area. Using the default Taskbar on bottom, the language indicator is next to clock at bottom right corner of your display.

That's it. All letter ç in this post were typed simply by switching my usual Finnish input language temporarily to French, using a physical keyboard device with German key layout.

Thema:

Keyboard Binding Issues. German Keyboard, and German Interface. AltGR + 7-8 Window Loses...

1. Keyboard Binding Issues. German Keyboard, and German Interface. AltGR + 7-8 Window Loses... - Similar Threads - Keyboard Binding Issues

2. How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard: I recently purchased a 2. hand Lenovo ThinkPad T590 from Germany with a German Windows 10 Pro and German keyboard installed.I tried to change language to English and the keyboard layout to Danish. At first everything looked fine, but it shows up that there are a lot of German...
  3. How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard: I recently purchased a 2. hand Lenovo ThinkPad T590 from Germany with a German Windows 10 Pro and German keyboard installed.I tried to change language to English and the keyboard layout to Danish. At first everything looked fine, but it shows up that there are a lot of German...
  4. German keyboard on a UK machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    German keyboard on a UK machine: I bought my new PC in the UK, I have a UK Microsoft account and all the setup specified the English language. However, the keyboard setting always defaults to German. This is highly irritating and takes a while to fix every time. How can I fix this for good_...
  5. Figuring out the german keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Figuring out the german keyboard: I am trying to get used to my laptop and the german keyboard is confusing me a little bit. For example, I haven't figured it out how to type @ yet. I tried to find a guide to the german keyboard on windows 10 but i can't seem to. It'd be great if anyone could help me out. I'm...
  6. I have german keyboard and only german language Windows. Still...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have german keyboard and only german language Windows. Still...: there are 2 layouts DEU and ENG in my taskbar. I tried to remove the ENG one because I dont need to switch with Alt-Tab anytime I hit the z and it types an y. But there is nothing to remove. German is the only layout. Germany is the region. I have one of those facepalm...
  7. English/German Keyboard-language issue

English/German Keyboard-language issue: Hello there. I've recently installed the German language keyboard onto my American keyboard. I've done this in the past on other computers and didn't seem to have an issue. I have this on my laptop currently, also no issue. However, only on this computer--my...
  8. German keyboard appearing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    German keyboard appearing in Taskbar: Hello, Recently a keyboard language appeared out of nowhere in my windows, the German keyboard. [ATTACH] As you can see in the screenshot, the German keyboard appears despite not being reflected in the windows settings. I read in another post that I had to enter the...
  9. German keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    German keyboard: Hello, Recently a keyboard language appeared out of nowhere in my windows, the German keyboard. [ATTACH] As you can see in the screenshot, the German keyboard appears despite not being reflected in the windows settings. I read in another post that I had to enter the...
  10. French ç with a German keyboard without a numeric keyboard?

French ç with a German keyboard without a numeric keyboard?: Hi, I have a laptop Asus R301L which means that I don't have a numeric keyboard and the keyboard is a German one. How can I type the French ç ? I can't use the ASCII code because I don't have a numeric keyboard and there is no shortcut on my keyboard. Any idea? Many...