Windows 10: Keyboard branch no longer in device manager, even after fresh windows 11 install.

Discus and support Keyboard branch no longer in device manager, even after fresh windows 11 install. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I somehow lost most keyword function, media hot keys still work but nothing else. I went as far as buying a new Logitech keyboard/mouse combo, changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TimStewart63, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Keyboard branch no longer in device manager, even after fresh windows 11 install.

I somehow lost most keyword function, media hot keys still work but nothing else. I went as far as buying a new Logitech keyboard/mouse combo, changing USB ports even though they properly function with anything else, and ultimately reinstalled Windows 11. All drivers are up-to-date and functioning properly. The problem is that it is classified under "other devices", not keyboards. The complete keyboard branch is missing. What do I need to do to get that back?

:)

TimStewart63, Jan 9, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Update 1701 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch

Source: Update 1701 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch – Available Now! – Enterprise Mobility and Security Blog

Brink, Jan 9, 2022
  3. ssleslito Win User
    HID-Compliant touch screen is no longer in my device manager

none of the below mentioned instructions has restored the HID compliant touchscreen driver.additionally i had gone into the windows new window driver list and installed the voltron driver for touchscreen and still no fix. this is a HP 360-11-p112nr energy
    star convertible touchscreen laptop and upon installing windows 10 newer version, the HID compliant touchscreen driver was not loaded and or even present in device manager at all. the laptop has lost its capability to have touchscreen but the the laptop is
    in perfect condition.

ssleslito, Jan 9, 2022
  4. Keyboard branch no longer in device manager, even after fresh windows 11 install.

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jan 9, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard branch no longer in device manager, even after fresh windows 11 install.

1. Keyboard branch no longer in device manager, even after fresh windows 11 install. - Similar Threads - Keyboard branch longer

2. BSODs, even after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs, even after fresh windows install: Folder containing dumps, dxdiags, etchttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iuCgQsfrdQbidEQro-iqvDDs2Fguls_R?usp=sharingCausesStarted when upgrading old system, components are:i9 14900k - CPUASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI - MOBOKingston 32GB 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHz CL36 FURY...
  3. BSODs, even after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs, even after fresh windows install: Folder containing dumps, dxdiags, etchttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iuCgQsfrdQbidEQro-iqvDDs2Fguls_R?usp=sharingCausesStarted when upgrading old system, components are:i9 14900k - CPUASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI - MOBOKingston 32GB 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHz CL36 FURY...
  4. Memory Management BSOD Even After Attempting But Failed Fresh Install of Windows, Replaced...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Management BSOD Even After Attempting But Failed Fresh Install of Windows, Replaced...: Hello,I had built my pc a couple months ago and everything was working fine until I started getting blue screens with the Memory Management error. I tried a clean reinstall of windows through a windows 11 installation media usb thinking it was a driver issue, however, I still...
  5. Memory Management BSOD Even After Attempting But Failed Fresh Install of Windows, Replaced...

Memory Management BSOD Even After Attempting But Failed Fresh Install of Windows, Replaced...: Hello,I had built my pc a couple months ago and everything was working fine until I started getting blue screens with the Memory Management error. I tried a clean reinstall of windows through a windows 11 installation media usb thinking it was a driver issue, however, I still...
  6. Keyboard branch no longer in device manager, even after fresh windows 11 install.

Keyboard branch no longer in device manager, even after fresh windows 11 install.: I somehow lost most keyword function, media hot keys still work but nothing else. I went as far as buying a new Logitech keyboard/mouse combo, changing USB ports even though they properly function with anything else, and ultimately reinstalled Windows 11. All drivers are...
  7. Portable Devices no longer shows in Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Portable Devices no longer shows in Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 11: After upgrading to Windows 11, I no longer see Portable Devices when I open Device Manager. When I connect a portable storage device via USB -- or, for example, a Kindle -- Windows no longer recognizes that a device as been attached. Is this a known issue? And is there a fix?...
  8. Portable Devices no longer shows in Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 11

Portable Devices no longer shows in Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 11: After upgrading to Windows 11, I no longer see Portable Devices when I open Device Manager. When I connect a portable storage device via USB -- or, for example, a Kindle -- Windows no longer recognizes that a device as been attached. Is this a known issue? And is there a fix?...
  9. Keyboard types double letters even after fresh install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard types double letters even after fresh install: So I had one hard drive break on me, so I switched to the hard drive from my old laptop which had this same issue, but I figured it was just the flimsy internal keyboard. I tried to just make it all work, however it was too bloated, so I did a fresh install. Even in the...
  10. Shortcut to Open Device Manager with Ports Branch Expanded?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shortcut to Open Device Manager with Ports Branch Expanded?: Is it possible to create a shortcut to Open Device Manager with the Ports branch expanded? 64849