Windows 10: Keyboard buttons typing randomly

Discus and support Keyboard buttons typing randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Backspace, Enter, D, } and " keys are pressing different things. I tried using keyboard tester and its typing all over the place. Already did the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NicoTongson, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Keyboard buttons typing randomly

My Backspace, Enter, D, } and " keys are pressing different things. I tried using keyboard tester and its typing all over the place. Already did the troubleshooting for keyboard drivers and language and still nothing fixed it. Its a brand new laptop!

:)

NicoTongson, Jun 2, 2020

2. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    Keyboard Not working in Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to update your keyboard driver. To update your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Keyboards and then double-click it.
    • Click on the Keyboard tab and choose Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Keyboard buttons typing randomly

Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard buttons typing randomly

1. Keyboard buttons typing randomly - Similar Threads - Keyboard buttons typing

2. random keyboard input without typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random keyboard input without typing: my Windows 11 computer either has a keyboard input issue due to recent windows update or is infected with malware that is causing a series of random characters to be entered whatever the active input field is.I cannot login and now even when I attempt to start in safe mode or...
  3. Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing: My keyboard was working fine earlier today but now it has started typing random characters and symbols before or after pressing specific keys. n types .n or n.p types upu types puj types ;j or ;j;7 types 700. types .n. Etc.Is there a fix for this? The keyboard is practically...
  4. Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing: My keyboard was working fine earlier today but now it has started typing random characters and symbols before or after pressing specific keys. n types .n or n.p types upu types puj types ;j or ;j;7 types 700. types .n. Etc.Is there a fix for this? The keyboard is practically...
  5. My keyboard types random characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard types random characters: As it says in the title, I'm having a number of issues with my keyboard. Perhaps this helps to understand the problem:When I press C, I get this: c3This happens with the R: vrWith M: [up directional key] m7And so on. Many of the keys on my keyboard don't even work. Something...
  6. My keyboard types random characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard types random characters: As it says in the title, I'm having a number of issues with my keyboard. Perhaps this helps to understand the problem:When I press C, I get this: c3This happens with the R: vrWith M: [up directional key] m7And so on. Many of the keys on my keyboard don't even work. Something...
  7. My keyboard types random characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Keyboard typing random numbers and characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing random numbers and characters: Hi,So I was playing a game on my computer when I suddenly noticed my keyboard was really buggy after I had messaged my friendI typed out: "Im in poggers on a call" poggers was a name of a minecraft world Instead it typed: "\im \in6 -pogge5rs on6 a call". It was typing random...
  9. Emoji keyboard causes random typing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Emoji keyboard causes random typing.: From what I understand and how I have seen it work on other machines, when I bring up the emoji keyboard Win+. or Win+; it should allow me to type normally, and suggest emoji that match what I type. However, when I type with the emoji keyboard up on this machine, it...
  10. Keyboard Typing Random Letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Typing Random Letters: Help! I don't know what happened but my keyboard will type seemingly random letters/number every time you push any key (even same key multiple times). I have gone into the computer's keyboard settings and switched languages from and back to the original English settings and...