Windows 10: Keyboard buttons

Discus and support Keyboard buttons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; File Explorer has various facilities that can be manipulated once the App is running. It used to be one could apply various run line options to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dr. VinnyGoombatz, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Keyboard buttons

File Explorer has various facilities that can be manipulated once the App is running. It used to be one could apply various run line options to go directly to the service, ex. the control panel, from the run line. From my keyboard, how would I direct File Explorer to display the control panel window from one keystroke? Is there any doc that defines the File Explorer run line options and switches?

:)

Dr. VinnyGoombatz, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Jorge Tan Win User

Keyboard Not working in Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to update your keyboard driver. To update your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Keyboards and then double-click it.
    • Click on the Keyboard tab and choose Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Jan 9, 2021
  3. USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Keyboard buttons

Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

• Open the Keyboard control panel item by typing keyboard into Start Menu.
    • Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Change Settings button

Note: This step requires Administrator access
    • Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

FreeBooter, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard buttons

1. Keyboard buttons - Similar Threads - Keyboard buttons

2. I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn on but keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn on but keyboard...: I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn the computer but not keyboard mouse or display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-to-put-my-pc-in-safe-mode-from-the-power/9d3012e8-ace0-4bc0-be70-f3bd95c736db
  3. I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn on but keyboard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn on but keyboard...: I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn the computer but not keyboard mouse or display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-to-put-my-pc-in-safe-mode-from-the-power/9d3012e8-ace0-4bc0-be70-f3bd95c736db
  4. I tried to put my pc in safe mode from the power button now it’ll turn on but keyboard...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I can't press a button on my keyboard more than one time in a row.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't press a button on my keyboard more than one time in a row.: I know this likely sounds confusing, but if I try to backspace twice, I can't. If i try to press the letter 'c' multiple times in a row, it stops me after the first 'c'. Similarly, I can't do two spaces in a row without pressing another button first. This just started today....
  6. I can't press a button on my keyboard more than one time in a row.

I can't press a button on my keyboard more than one time in a row.: I know this likely sounds confusing, but if I try to backspace twice, I can't. If i try to press the letter 'c' multiple times in a row, it stops me after the first 'c'. Similarly, I can't do two spaces in a row without pressing another button first. This just started today....
  7. I can't press a button on my keyboard more than one time in a row.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...: Today my keyboard randomly started registering Q as mouse 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-q-button-on-my-keyboard-is-registering-as-my/2140f828-dcb7-43d4-b398-f55707302975
  9. My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...: Today my keyboard randomly started registering Q as mouse 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-q-button-on-my-keyboard-is-registering-as-my/2140f828-dcb7-43d4-b398-f55707302975
  10. My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...