Windows 10: Keyboard caps lock

Discus and support Keyboard caps lock in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just bought a keyboard with larger characters on the keys and its good except for one small niggle. The warning light for caps lock is very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tinmar49, Nov 9, 2019.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Keyboard caps lock

I have just bought a keyboard with larger characters on the keys and its good except for one small niggle. The warning light for caps lock is very small. I am a one fingered typist, and don't look at the screen until I have at least completed a sentence. This results in a lot of backspacing to get rid of unwanted capital letters.
    I have had Logitech keyboards in the past which came with software which included a large warning on screen when the caps lock was on. Being left handed, I rarely use the shift button, except for changing characters.
    Is there an app which can put the warning on screen?*Think

:)

tinmar49, Nov 9, 2019
  2. ttsoldier Win User

Windows 10 Caps Lock light

Strangely enough, since updating to 9879, the caps lock light on my keyboard does not work.

I know it may seem small but it is really annoying not knowing when caps is on or not. My keyboard is backlit and the keys light up fine but the light on the capslock key does not.

I'm dualing booting with Windows 8.1 and if I switch back to 8.1, the caps lock button light works fine, so I know the light it self is not the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

ttsoldier, Nov 9, 2019
  3. mobile1 Win User
    No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?

I got a new keyboard. It does not have a light that shows caps lock on or off.

And a desktop indicator no longer shows caps lock as being turned on or off.

How can I make Windows indicate the caps lock setting?

Thank you for your help.

mobile1, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Keyboard caps lock

Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard caps lock

1. Keyboard caps lock - Similar Threads - Keyboard caps lock

2. Caps lock freezes keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock freezes keyboard: Hi. When I press caps lock, my laptop keyboard freezes and it seems activates the Windows key at the same time. It also brings up speech recognition, multiple display function, and starts typing '8' on repeat if a text box is available. When I used a keyboard tester, it seems...
  3. Caps lock freezes keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock freezes keyboard: Hi. When I press caps lock, my laptop keyboard freezes and it seems activates the Windows key at the same time. It also brings up speech recognition, multiple display function, and starts typing '8' on repeat if a text box is available. When I used a keyboard tester, it seems...
  4. Caps lock freezes keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Built IN Keyboard Caps Lock Bug

Built IN Keyboard Caps Lock Bug: Hello and good day! Im having an issue with with my keyboard. Whenever i press the Caps Lock button to lower case my letters, it suddenly types " " and then wont stop typing " D ". I tried reformatting, virus removal, and hardware/software reinstallations to no avail. I no...
  6. Caps Lock - keyboard problems

Caps Lock - keyboard problems: Randomly and intermittently - usually in the midst of writing a Word doc or Outlook client email, the keyboard starts acting strange. Caps and lower case function backwards entering upper case letters when I am trying to enter lower case. In addtion, keys like , and ' are...
  7. keyboard caps lock

keyboard caps lock: hello when I type words in on my keyboard it will stay in the correct caps setting but when I change it it stays for about an extra 3-5 minutes before changing to the setting of the correct cap. this has become a problem as recently it has caused me to slow down when...
  8. Keyboard Caps Lock Operation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Caps Lock Operation: For a couple of weeks now I am having problems with my Dell Inspiron N5110 which loses Caps Lock function every couple of days. I used MS Windows 10 support and watched them uninstall the PS2 Keyboard and the system restarts and reloads the same PS2 Keyboard and all is ok...
  9. caps lock indicator on 5050 keyboard

caps lock indicator on 5050 keyboard: Hi, Does the Microsoft 5050 keyboard have an indicator light for CAPS lock? Moved from: Office / Other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/caps-lock-indicator-on-5050-keyboard/a6a518c0-ced2-4bce-87b6-2a43096233da
  10. No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?

No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?: I got a new keyboard. It does not have a light that shows caps lock on or off. And a desktop indicator no longer shows caps lock as being turned on or off. How can I make Windows indicate the caps lock setting? Thank you for your help. 61165