Windows 10: Keyboard Characters

Discus and support Keyboard Characters in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I will soon need to create text documents in spanish. This language (as others) has specific character requirements. For example, a sentence that is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MourningStar, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Keyboard Characters

I will soon need to create text documents in spanish. This language (as others) has specific character requirements. For example, a sentence that is a question begins with an upside down question mark, sometimes the letter 'n' has a small mark above it, etc. How do I proceed?

-thx

:)

MourningStar, Feb 8, 2021

2. Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Feb 8, 2021
  3. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 8, 2021
  4. DimaAdham Win User

Keyboard Characters

Arabic keyboard missing characters

The Arabic keyboard in WP8 is missing quite a few characters which renders it useless. In older versions, the missing characters were available through pressing the shift key but the latter is not available in WP8 while in the Arabic keyboard.

The list of missing characters are:

• Arabic Letter Yeh with Hamza Above
    • Arabic Letter Alef with Hamza Above
    • Arabic Letter Alef with Hamza Below
    • Arabic Letter Alef with Madda Above
    • Arabic Letter Hamza Isolated Form
    • Arabic Letter Waw with Hamza Above
    • All Diacritics are missing.
    I hope you have plans to fix this serious issue. It's extremely annoying.

DimaAdham, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard Characters

1. Keyboard Characters - Similar Threads - Keyboard Characters

2. Easiest way to configure the UK keyboard to use accented characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easiest way to configure the UK keyboard to use accented characters: Please excuse my exasperation....As the last discussion on this subject has been locked, yet again preventing any continuity of discussion whatsoever of Microsoft's failure to support a fairly obvious and common requirement and where the solution at that time was that a...
  3. Easiest way to configure the UK keyboard to use accented characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easiest way to configure the UK keyboard to use accented characters: Please excuse my exasperation....As the last discussion on this subject has been locked, yet again preventing any continuity of discussion whatsoever of Microsoft's failure to support a fairly obvious and common requirement and where the solution at that time was that a...
  4. My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6...: My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6 results in double characters R% and U&. How can I resolve this?...
  5. My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6...

My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6...: My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6 results in double characters R% and U&. How can I resolve this?...
  6. My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. my keyboard is typing different characters.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard is typing different characters.: I have a Fantech K611gaming keyboard. And every time I try to type, some of the letters/numbers type weird things. For example: 2 is x2, 4 doesn't even show, backspace is t, but it deletes it instantly, E works, but T doesn't. 1 is z1 3 is c3 5 is v5. I've tried everything...
  8. my keyboard is typing different characters.

my keyboard is typing different characters.: I have a Fantech K611gaming keyboard. And every time I try to type, some of the letters/numbers type weird things. For example: 2 is x2, 4 doesn't even show, backspace is t, but it deletes it instantly, E works, but T doesn't. 1 is z1 3 is c3 5 is v5. I've tried everything...
  9. my keyboard is typing different characters.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. My keyboard types two characters at once when pressing a number

My keyboard types two characters at once when pressing a number: Today i noticed this problem when i was typing a message, the other number keys work fine but 4,5,8, and 9 keys are the ones that has a problem. Whenever i press 4 or 5 once it inputs both 4 and 5 at once even if i just press 4 or just 5, and when i press the 8 key it types...